Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Two silver-screen boxing icons are currently filming a boxing comedy for Warner Bros. and your first view of them comes via a basketball player. Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone star in Grudge Match, director Peter Segal‘s comedy comedy about two over-the-hill boxers who return to the ring for one last match. We haven’t seen what either actor will look like in the film, until now. Check out the image below. Read More »
Tommy Wirkola‘s first US film, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, was no critical fave, but it has done over $100m worldwide so far. Now Wirkola is heading back to Norway to make a sequel to his breakout film, Dead Snow. The new one is Dead Snow: War of the Dead, which will follow “the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.”
The movie will be released in English and Norwegian versions, says ScreenDaily, and the film should shoot later this year. Wirkola said, “We have a script that I am super excited about, which is bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one, and I can’t wait to unleash another horde of undead Nazi zombies onto the world again.”
After the break, you’ll find the following:
- The Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sequel Smiley’s Game moves forward,
- Transformers visual effects supervisor returns for Transformers 4,
- Rambo V and The Expendables 3 in the works at the European Film Market,
- Rooney Mara denies that Daniel Craig will be cut from The Girl Who Played With Fire,
- Summit debuts a new Red 2 poster,
- and shots appear from Insidious 2 and Riddick.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:
- Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
- No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
- Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
- Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
- Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
- Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
- Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2
Read More »
UPDATE: Deadline reports Stallone denies making the below claims on Facebook, pointing to the fact it’s a fan page.
Time and again, Sylvester Stallone has proven he’s a man of the fans. From his legendary Q&As on Ain’t It Cool News to panels at San Diego Comic-Con, the Oscar-nominated action mega star has fully embraced new media and that’s how he chose to make his latest announcement.
Stallone took to Facebook to confirm Oscar-winner Nicolas Cage will be a part of The Expendables 3 and that producers are currently trying to add Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and bring back Mickey Rourke. He said “We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two” and admitted the third film might not be the last one. Read Stallone’s statement and more after the jump. Read More »
I want to like Bullet to the Head. I really do. It marks the return of Walter Hill, who has made films I love (producing Alien, and directing The Warriors, 48 Hours) and it features Sylvester Stallone in a tough but smartass action role, which is a zone in which he can be very comfortable. But this third trailer for the movie doesn’t do anything to make the film’s problems seem less pervasive.
The story features Stallone as a hitman who teams up with a cop from NYC (Sung Kang) to find and stop the guy (Jason Momoa) who killed the cop’s partner and took Stallone’s daughter (Sarah Shahi) hostage. The use of Saliva’s woefully simple-minded song ‘Badass’ underscores the routine-looking action and good guy/bad guy buddy interaction between Sly and Kang. There could be something hidden here that the trailers aren’t capturing, so check out the footage below and see if you can see a great action movie between the lines. Read More »
Briefly: Audiences are now, officially, going to see Rocky Balboa fight Jake LaMotta. Warner Bros. has just greenlit the long gestating Grudge Match, directed by Peter Segal, which is a comedy about two over the hill boxers (Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro) who comeback for one last match. Kevin Hart has been cast as the fight’s promoter. Grudge Match was originally written by Tim Kelleher but Entourage creator Doug Ellin is credited with the most recent draft. Read more about the film here. Thanks to Deadline.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Here’s a new look at Walter Hill‘s graphic novel adaptation Bullet to the Head, starring Sylvester Stallone as a hit man who teams with a cop from Washington DC (Sung Kang) to take down the guy who killed each of their partners. The first US trailer we saw was… well, let’s just go with “dated,” for now. This UK version has a little more energy, but isn’t a lot better. I’m hoping that Walter Hill’s feature return plays a lot better than these trailers make it look so far, and we’ll find out early next year. For now, check out this new trailer below. Read More »