Paramount had a strong showing at the first official day of Comic-Con 2007. In addition to our previous posts, the studio released a comic-con exclusive Sweeney Todd moI’m not exactly sure that I’m excited to see this flick as I’m not typically a musical guy. But if this poster is any indication, the film could be Tim Burton’s best in years. Check out the poster to the right. Click to enlarge.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Paramount Pictures has announced a detailed scheduling for the planned Thursday, July 26th 1:30pm Comic-Con panel. Here is the rundown thanks to ROS:
- Transformers – taped message from Michael Bay
- Hot Rod – Akiva Schaffer, Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone present
- Stardust – Neil Gaiman present
- Beowulf – Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary present
- Sweeney Todd – mini poster reveal
- Spiderwick Chronicles – Mark Waters, Holly Black, Phil Tippet and Tony Tetzelli present. Page to screen presentation.
- Drillbit Taylor – taped message from Judd Apatow intro of new trailer
- Iron Man – taped greeting and throw to Marvel panel on Saturday
- Indiana Jones 4 – satellite from set
- Star Trek 11 – JJ Abrams, Damon Lindeloff, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
Looks like there will be some fun stuff is in store for those in attendance. I’m most looking forward to the Drillbit Taylor trailer, Indiana Jones 4 satallite segment, and the Star Trek presentation. I’m sure JJ will be forced to field a bunch of questions regarding Cloverfield, even though it’s not on the schedule. And before you ask, Paramount and Universal have set up a Saturday panel to focus on Iron Man and Incredible Hulk.
Depp plays the villainous barber and serial killer in which the musical is named after. His weapon of choice is a straight razor, with which he cuts his victim’s throats.
Sweeney Todd hits theaters on December 21st 2007.
Photo credit: PerezHilton
Posted on Monday, March 12th, 2007 by Peter Sciretta
Production on Tim Burton’s big screen adaptation of Sweeney Todd has been halted, Johnny Depp has apparently quit acting, and everyone at Pinewood Studios might get fired this weekend if he doesn’t return, according to a British newspaper.
Read More »