Posted on Thursday, April 28th, 2016 by Angie Han
It’s a given that Wolverine 3 will bring back Hugh Jackman as the eponymous superhero, and we heard long ago that Patrick Stewart would return as Professor X, too. But as the film nears the start of shooting, it’s collecting quite an eclectic cast around the two familiar X-Men. First Boyd Holbrook and Richard E. Grant signed on as a pair of villains, and now Stephen Merchant — the gangly British comedian you might recognize from The Office — has been set to star as well. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Table 19 is a project I’ve been tracking since 2009.
Originally The Duplass Brothers were set to direct their script for Fox Searchlight and producer Jason Reitman, but director Jeffrey Blitz will be helming the movie instead, and he is now reuniting with his Rocket Science star Anna Kendrick. There is so much awesome in that last sentence, and I’m very excited to see this movie finally come to fruition. The film, which begins shooting next week in Atlanta, also stars Craig Robinson, Lisa Kudrow, Stephen Merchant, Tony Revolori, June Squibb, Wyatt Russell and Amanda Crew.
Read More »
After multiple successful TV shows with partner Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant didn’t have the same success with the HBO show Hello Ladies. It had some fans, both critical and general, but never caught hold of pop culture like other HBO shows and was thought to be done after one season. Well, in classic Merchant fashion, the series is getting one more shot to wrap everything up. HBO will air Hello Ladies: The Movie on November 22nd at 10 p.m. Read More »
Almost everything Stephen Merchant touches turns to comedy gold. The Office, Extras, Life’s Too Short, An Idiot Abroad: all shows that are hilarious and well-received across the globe. Merchant’s next show aims to do the same with one small difference. He didn’t co-create this one with Ricky Gervais.
On September 29, Merchant steps out on his own with Hello Ladies, an HBO comedy about a lanky British man (played by Merchant) on the prowl in Los Angeles. The actor/writer/director co-created the show with Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, two of the writers behind the American version of The Office. Check out your first glimpse at the show below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Look how excited Masuka is about the impending return of Dexter. After the jump:
- HBO sets Boardwalk Empire and Hello Ladies premiere dates
- Bobby Cannavale joins Martin Scorsese‘s HBO pilot
- Michelle Fairley (a.k.a. Catelyn Stark) heads to Suits
- Dan Stevens is sorry about that Downton Abbey stuff
- The IT Crowd crowd is back at work for one last episode
- Showtime’s Shameless loses one of its regulars
- Nurse Jackie will stick around for another year
- The Borgias will end after Season 3, won’t get a movie
- Peek at photos from the Dexter Season 8 premiere
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, January 7th, 2013 by Angie Han
With the semi-annual Television Critics Association press tour in full swing, there’s no shortage of TV news at the start of this week. After the jump:
- Ryan Murphy‘s Normal Heart is coming to HBO
- Ricky Gervais‘ Life’s Too Short will end this season
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is returning to TV with a comedy
- NBC explains why it passed on Mockingbird Lane
- Community‘s fourth season will have “more heart”
- Up All Night loses its creator as it undergoes a revamp
- Steve Carell will probably never return to The Office
- Revolution‘s midseason premiere gets a new trailer
- Watch a promo for Kevin Williamson‘s The Following
- Starz offers trailers for Magic City and Da Vinci’s Demons
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
One bit of advice that commonly gets doled out at weddings is the warning / reassurance that the first year of marriage is the toughest, since the couple are still adjusting to being shackled together for all eternity. That certainly seems to be the case in I Give It a Year, directed by Brüno scribe Dan Mazer.
After a beautiful ceremony, newlyweds Nat (Rose Byrne) and Josh (Rafe Spall) come home to realize that something’s not quite clicking in their relationship. To complicate matters, a couple of very appealing outs present themselves in the form of Josh’s “too perfect” ex (Anna Faris) and Nat’s dashing new client (Simon Baker). Stephen Merchant, Minnie Driver, and Jason Flemyng also star. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Under what circumstances might you see Harry Potter and Don Draper taking a bath together? Hit the jump to find out. Plus:
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert go live for the election
- What does your favorite show say about your politics?
- Brendan Fraser won’t be one of TNT’s Legends after all
- AMC puts Hell on Wheels‘ Season 3 renewal on hold
- FX isn’t so happy with the second Powers pilot, either
- An adaptation of Tim Seeley‘s Revival is in the works
- HBO goes forward with Stephen Merchant‘s Hello Ladies
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
The red-band trailer for Peter Farrelly‘s Movie 43 leaned hard on the shock factor of seeing big Hollywood stars revel in foul language and filthy jokes, but the poor green-band trailer is stuck trying to sell the exact same product by only hinting at what the NSFW version could actually show. Is Anna Faris asking Chris Pratt to take a dump on her still comedy gold when the word “poop” has to be substituted with a fart noise? Is Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts bullying their own kid still shocking when they have to keep their behavior G-rated?
Eh, truthfully, I think the answer is that none of this looked all that outrageous to begin with. But at least it’s not any less funny than it was before. Hit the jump to see Hugh Jackman, Gerard Butler, Kate Winslet, Halle Berry, Stephen Merchant, Emma Stone, Kristen Bell, Elizabeth Banks, Josh Duhamel, Terrence Howard, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloë Grace Moretz, Seann William Scott, Jason Sudeikis, Kristen Bell, Richard Gere, and so, so, so many more celebs in the new SFW trailer.
Read More »