Posted on Thursday, February 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is coming back. Netflix announced today that it has struck a deal for exclusive rights to the entire series, including a brand-new sixth season. Fans will be able to watch on the streaming service next month. Get plot details on the new season and more after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lucasfilm has just revealed the first human character from their upcoming Disney XD animated show, Star Wars Rebels. That also makes him the first Jedi revealed in the whole new, Disney owned Star Wars Universe. His name is Kanan, and he’s described as a “Cowboy Jedi.” Freddie Prinze Jr. provides the voice. Check out a reveal video below. Read More »
Briefly: By now we all know Star Wars Episode VII news isn’t official unless it comes from the official website. Even so, up until now Lucasfilm and Disney aren’t giving fans anything like the kind of intense minutia we’re all interested in. When it comes to a movie like this, we want to know every little detail. Today, HitFix has a pretty good report, however.
Just as writer director J.J. Abrams hinted at a few weeks back, filming of the new episode will begin in Mid-May and continue through September of this year, leaving about one year for post production. They site has also learned “most principal casting on the film is complete, with many announcements still to come.” [HitFix]
Posted on Thursday, February 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
It feels like there’s a Star Wars Episode VII rumor attached to pretty much every actor working these days. Most of the time, stars meet these reports with stringent denials, if they bother to respond at all.
But today’s hot rumor has a bit more meat to it than most. Actor Gary Oldman has confirmed that he was approached for a role in the J.J. Abrams-directed adventure, though he hasn’t gone as far as saying he’s actually been cast. Read his exact words after the jump.
Read More »
There was actual Star Wars movie news Tuesday when a Disney shareholders letter revealed Star Wars Rebels would debut with a full length movie. However, that wasn’t the only interesting thing in the document. Below, read about another huge piece of information and more.
- Disney thinks they have 40 years worth of content thanks to Star Wars.
- Watch a trailer for the new free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion.
- One location proposal for a George Lucas museum has been rejected.
- Star Wars characters might be coming to Disney Infinity.
- A familiar face holding the number “7″ graces the cover of an international movie magazine.
- Star Wars Episode VII starts filming in May.
Read More »
The Walt Disney Company released their 2013 Shareholder letter on Tuesday and, in it, CEO Bob Iger talked about the latest in the world of Star Wars. In regards to Star Wars Episode VII, he said they’re very excited about the story and “should be releasing more information as production moves forward in the coming year.” Which, if we’re being honest, doesn’t sound particularly encouraging.
Much more encouraging is the big news about Star Wars Rebels. In addition to the Disney XD show, Iger said there’s a movie and several shorts coming to the Disney Channel this summer. Read his quotes below. Read More »
In 1999, anticipation was so high for George Lucas’ Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, many of us initially overlooked the film’s obvious problems. The awe and spectacle of seeing a new Star Wars film on the big screen outweighed the plot holes, terrible dialogue and awful characters. Years have passed, and now many viewers agree the movie is deeply flawed. But maybe, just maybe, it could have been fixed with a few quick changes. Enter the How It Should Have Ended team, which has created a funny new video centered around the film. Check it out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
February 2014 is here and we still don’t have official news on Star Wars Episode VII. What we do have is Star Wars Bits, lots of tiny pieces of news to tide us over before the big stuff hits. In this edition read about the following:
- Zac Efron confirmed he did take a meeting about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams talks about the Star Wars legacy, and whether he’d come back for a new one.
- Check out great images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets.
- A rumor has begun to swirl that the Star Wars spinoff films will be delayed.
- Check out a list of upcoming Star Wars Rebels books.
- Star Wars Angry Birds II is getting a “Carbonite” update this week.
- Legendary effects man Phil Tippett isn’t sure if he’ll work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Mark Hamill looks and sounds fit in a new promo for a charity contest.
Read More »