Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
LEGO has released a tiny brick recreation of the now-famous Star Wars Episode 7 script reading. LEGO released the image on twitter with the text “You’ve met the actors, now meet the Minifigure cast of @starwars Episode VII! #LEGOStarWars #StarWarsVII” Hit the jump to see the photo side by side with the original image from the Star Wars Episode VII script reading.
Read More »
Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to make an official statement on the condition of Harrison Ford. Earlier this month, Ford broke his leg on the set of Star Wars Episode VII and the latest rumors state he might be unable to shoot for six months. That’s a huge chunk of downtime for the man who is rumored to be the lead of the film. In spite of that, we’ve heard Disney is trying to keep the December 18, 2015 release without any changes. That’s all well and good but some kind of change is inevitable as a result of the injury.
The latest rumor comes from New York City tabloid paper the New York Post. They report their “Hollywood sources” suggest the role of Oscar Isaac, whatever that role may be, could be expanded to fill some of Solo’s scenes. Read More »
We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »
The music, the pacing, the visuals, Marvel’s first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy was incredibly memorable. In fact, the way the trailer sold the fun, exciting tone of the film was so memorable, Marvel pretty much just recycled the same idea they used at Comic-Con 2013 months before. They’ve since done a few different things with the film, which opens August 1, but that doesn’t mean the formula can’t be repurposed.
Case in point, Star Wars. The Unusual Suspect on YouTube took the full Star Wars Trilogy and edited a trailer that mirrors the tone, style and information from that first Guardians of the Galaxy trailer. And it’s a ton of fun. Check out the Star Wars Guardians of the Galaxy below. Read More »
The rumors about Harrison Ford‘s injury continue to snowball and threaten to delay production Star Wars Episode VII. How are filmmakers dealing with the injury and could it impact the release date? Read about that, and all the items below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Several Episode VII action scenes are potentially detailed.
- A rumored premiere date, and details, are leaked for Star Wars Rebels.
- Tom Cruise is rumored to have a role in Star Wars Episode VII.
- David Cronenberg was offered a Star Wars sequel, thirty years ago.
- Star Wars Scene Maker is now available.
Read More »
Long before Rian Johnson was directing Star Wars movies, the writer/director was a frequent guest on the /Filmcast. Johnson, who directed Brick, The Brothers Bloom, Looper and Breaking Bad, has appeared on the show numerous times to discuss a broad range of topics, and to make fun of host David Chen.
One of those topics, oddly enough, was a film that not only resembled Star Wars, it was by a Star Wars director. Back in May 2009, Johnson appeared on the /Filmcast to review J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek. To say a lot has changed since that happened would be an understatement, the most significant being Johnson will follow Abrams to a galaxy far, far, away. Still, the audio gives a great idea of Johnson’s insight, talent, and knowledge of the sci-fi genre. As if Looper didn’t do that a few years later. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
As J.J. Abrams continues to work on Star Wars Episode VII, it seems his successor is about to get to work on the next major chapter in the ongoing Star Wars series. Looper writer/director Rian Johnson is expected to be announced as the writer and director of Star Wars Episode VIII. Initial reports said he was going to direct Star Wars Episode IX as well, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. He will, however, write a treatment for that third episode. More info is below. Read More »