Monday night, Lucasfilm announced that the first six Star Wars films are being made available digitally. To help entice fans to buy these films one more time, there are some new special features included with each film. They’re basically broken down into two categories: Discoveries From Inside and Star Wars: Conversations. The former takes fans on a trip behind the scenes of the making of the films and the latter talks with some of the most important people in the development on the franchise.
Hot off the news of the digital release, Lucasfilm has released two clips to show off the goods. The Discoveries from Inside clip settles the debate over the color of Han Solo’s Hoth jacket in The Empire Strikes Back, and the Conversations clip has Joe Johnston discussing his creation of the Millennium Falcon. Fascinating stuff. Watch the Star Wars digital special features clips below.
UPDATE: StarWars.com has uploaded five more clips as well. See those below.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Prepare to spend a lot of your time in IMAX theaters over the coming year. IMAX and Disney have just renewed their contract through 2017. The deal covers, among other things, upcoming tentpoles from Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar. Get the details on the Disney IMAX deal after the jump. Read More »
Lots of cool, random info from Celebration to Force Awakens and Rogue One are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Listen to The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi radio plays featuring John Lithgow and Ed Asner.
- See an image of Mark Hamill from very close to the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A 7 foot 1 inch tall man rumored for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- The guests have been announced for Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World.
- Watch the top 10 moments in Star Wars Celebration history.
- Dark Horse tries to get back at Marvel about Star Wars comics.
- An upcoming Journey to The Force Awakens book changed its description.
- See Gentle Giant‘s Star Wars Celebration exclusives.
- Help create a Jedi Holocron toy by taking a quiz.
- Read about some rumored action scenes in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
The Star Wars saga is preparing to go where it’s never gone before. For the first time ever starting, the entire six-film series will be available in Digital HD, as announced by Disney, Lucasfilm, and Fox today. And even if you already own them on DVD, Blu-ray, etc., you may want to check these out — each movie comes with a whole bunch of never-before-seen bonus features. Get all the details on the Star Wars Digital HD release after the jump. Read More »
Next week, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be revealed. You can read more about that here. It’ll then be in theaters with Avengers: Age of Ultron. But what, specifically, will the trailer feature? MakingStarWars has a very intriguing list of images they believe are going to appear in the trailer. If it’s true, this is going to be insane. Read the Force Awakens trailer 2 details below.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Whether or not you’re in Anaheim next weekend for Star Wars Celebration, you’d better be on alert. We know that at 10 a.m. April 16, J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy will take the stage at the event to premiere the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That event will be simulcast in various rooms around that convention and, possibly, in cinemas all over the world. (That last part is still only a rumor, however.)
Word now has it that the duo will also debut the first Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster at the event.
Below, we’ll discuss what this means for people who are attending Celebration and those who aren’t. Read More »
This is probably the biggest nightmare for Star Wars fans after it was first announced Disney was buying Star Wars. Would the Mouse House turn the beloved science fiction fantasy epic into a generic neutered animated franchise for children? So far it doesn’t appear to be in the plans. Sure, they have the Star Wars Rebels animated series on Disney XD, but thats actually good despite the rather low budget animation. But Big Bee Studio imagined what would happen if the people who made Cars & Planes got their hands on Star Wars. The result is a fake trailer for a new movie titled Disney Pixar’s X-Wings. And while this is horrifying, the Disney toy department obviously had similar ideas which thankfully will remain toys for now. After the jump you can watch the Disney Pixar X-Wings movie trailer.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration is in the spotlight, but there’s also movie and TV news in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumored Rogue One star Ben Mendelsohn talks Star Wars fandom.
- The Star Wars Battlefront trailer will debut at 10:30 a.m. PST April 17.
- London fans can watch The Force Awakens Star Wars Celebration panel live.
- Watch Oscar Isaac talk about how his uncle got an extra role in The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars was nominated for 7 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- See official, exclusive Star Wars Celebration apparel.
Read More »
This is a can’t miss edition of Star Wars Bits with info ranging from The Force Awakens and Rogue One, to Rebels, the books and Celebration. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford has been released from the hospital after his plane crash.
- See an updated Star Wars canon timeline.
- A 50 page preview of Star Wars: Lords of the Sith hits the net.
- A bit of insider information on Star Wars actor contracts.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Kanan: The Last Padawan #1.
- A Star Wars episode of The Big Bang Theory airs this week.
- Watch videos of Anthony Daniels at Emerald City Comic-Con.
- Check out Funko’s Star Wars Celebration exclusives.
- An update on several Rogue One rumors including Aaron Paul.
- Read some potential spoilers on the size of the villain roles in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »