There are rumors, jokes and quotes in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Seth Rogen breaks out a killer Episode I impression to audition for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Casting might be ongoing for live-action Star Wars TV shows.
- George Lucas tells film students to not get enamored with new technology.
- Industrial Light and Magic opens a new Vancouver facility.
- Licensees and vendors may have seen a Episode VII presentation.
- Dave Filoni did an in-depth interview on the final season of The Clone Wars.
- The traveling Star Wars science exhibit just had its 3 millionth visitor.
- Wedge won’t do just a cameo in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Here’s some actual Star Wars news! (Even if it is minor.) Most of what we know about Star Wars Episode VII can be confined to a paragraph, and we know next to nothing about the new story. But today in a shareholders conference call Disney head Bob Iger said that Episode VII will take place thirty years after Return of the Jedi. That means the series is aging nearly in real-time along with its fans.
Along with that nugget, Iger confirmed that there will be three new young characters, and several retuning faces.
Read More »
Lando himself, Billy Dee Williams, put the “Star” in Dancing With the Stars Monday night, kicking off the 18th (?!?!) season of the ABC show with a Star Wars inspired dance featuring Stormtroopers, R2-D2 and more. He and partner Emma Slater did a Cha-Cha to John Williams‘ famous theme hoping to play on the audience’s nostalgia. It had mixed results.
Of note, ABC is owned by Disney which now owns Lucasfilm so, this is just corporate synergy its most embarrassing. Still, there is something to take out of this. Check out the video and read more below. Read More »
Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o has met with, and may sign on for, a key role in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode 7. The 12 Years A Slave star reportedly is “extremely close” to playing a role not related to the original trilogy. It may be a Sith or a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Read More »
It’s March and even if you aren’t a sports fan, it’s hard not to get caught up in March Madness. The excitement of filling out a college basketball bracket can only be topped if the bracket was something a little more geeky. Like Star Wars characters, for example.
StarWars.com is hosting a “This is Madness” tournament allowing fans to vote on their favorite characters in a single elimination bracket. In 2013, they did the same thing and Yoda beat Darth Vader in the finals. So, to help promote the contest, Yoda appeared on a version of ESPN’s SportsNation with Max Kellerman to discuss the tournament. It’s super cheesy, but a nice surprise for Star Wars fans. Check it out below. Read More »
Exclusive merchandise, essential Star Wars stories and Episode VII what-ifs. Read about it all in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Check out the limited Star Wars merchandise available during Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles will continue later this year.
- Rumor has it digital versions of the full Star Wars saga will be made available this winter.
- In case you forgot, all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is now on Netflix including The Lost Episodes.
- Dave Filoni calls the final episodes of The Clone Wars “very important to understanding the overall saga.”
- Previously sold out Star Wars maps by artist Andrew DeGraff are back on sale from Gallery 1988.
- Jon Favreau would have done Star Wars Episode VII… if anyone had asked him.
Read More »
The LEGO Star Wars line just revealed its next monster set: The Jawa Sandcrawler. A 3,296 brick set will be available in May and features seven minifigures including Luke Skywalker, Uncle Owen, C-3PO, R2-D2 and several other droids. It’s a massive, beautiful, detailed LEGO Star Wars set and you can check out a bunch of images below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Disney and Lucasfilm have still not announced who’ll be starring in J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII, but information continues to creep out there. Besides the Adam Driver business, one member of the original cast who has no problem saying she’s returning for Star Wars 7 is Carrie Fisher. Time and time again Fisher has let it slip she’s planning on returning for the film and now she’s done it again.
Fisher will be appearing on an upcoming episode of the FXX show Legit and that show’s star, Jim Jefferies, told Sirius XM’s Opie and Anthony Show Fisher will be in London for six months later this year shooting the film. Read the full quote below. Read More »