You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Last week, we told you about a new rumor regarding Domhnall Gleeson and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was interesting and intriguing, but we left it at that. Since then, the rumor has begun to pick up steam online and the more I think about it, the more I want to discuss it. If it’s true, it’s a game changer the likes of which Star Wars has never seen. Which is why I don’t think it’s true. Below, read about the Domhnall Gleeson Star Wars rumor. Read More »
Last night, I flew the Millennium Falcon. And an X-Wing. And a Snowspeeder. And a Speeder Bike. And even Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter. You can play as all of those ships too in the brand new arcade game, Star Wars Battle Pod, which is currently in Arcades nationwide.
Battle Pod is basically just that. It’s a sit down flying/shooting game with a screen that covers your entire plane of vision, over 180 degrees, making it feel like you are inside your favorite Star Wars ship. There are then five different missions you can play. Fly an X-Wing at the battle of Yavin and try to destroy the Death Star. Fly a Snowspeeder on Hoth, protecting the Rebel transports. Man a Speeder Bike on Endor to destroy the shield generator. Take the Millennium Falcon into the second Death Star. Or, in the game’s most challenging and exciting battle, play as Darth Vader against the Rebels immediately after the destruction of the first Death Star.
Below, read our Star Wars Battle Pod review and see some official videos and photos. Read More »
J.J. Abrams has heard your complaints about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber. He’s heard that it’s terrible, and that it is great, and he thinks it’s all hilarious. That’s just one of the facts uncovered Wednesday when the director was given an award by the Visual Effects Society. Abrams, the co-writer and director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, did some interviews before the event and our friends at Collider got five minutes to talk to Abrams about the franchise.
He talks about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber, the IMAX sequence, CG effects in the film, his role on the forthcoming Episodes VIII and IX, and gives some brief non-answers about the next trailer and Comic-Con. Watch the latest JJ Abrams Star Wars interview below. Read More »
Mark Hamill knows a thing or two about Star Wars. As Luke Skywalker, he was not only the star of the original trilogy, he’s reprising the role over thirty years later in December’s ultra-anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens. However with many months left until release, the actor has some advice for fans who are eagerly awaiting the film. Fans like me, you, pretty much anyone reading this site. His advice is to “relax” and “forget about it.” “It will be here before you know it,” he says.
Sorry, Mark, that’s not going to happen.
Read Hamill’s full quote about Force Awakens anticipation, and our response, below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This is a really good edition of Star Wars Bits. Rumors, spoilers, video clips, video games, this has it all. Below, read about the following:
- Could the Standalone be about Boba Fett‘s family?
- Episode VIII director Rian Johnson trolls Star Wars nation.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger talks Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer and broadband channel.
- Grand Moff Tarkin is coming to Star Wars Rebels this week. Watch a clip.
- Nicolas Cage enjoyed Hayden Christensen‘s work in the Star Wars prequels.
- Star Wars is coming to Madame Tussauds in London and there’s a video.
- See some awesome clothing made for the Episode VII special effects team.
- Download a ton of old school Star Wars video games via Humble Bundle.
- Multiple major spoilers about the identity, stories and fates of characters in The Force Awakens are discussed.
Read More »
We’ve been talking about a Star Wars theme park since well before Disney bought the franchise. Since then though, an announcement about an expansion has been inevitable. Where would it be? How big will it be? What are the specifics? These are just a few questions Star Wars and theme park fans have been asking themselves for years.
The last we heard from Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, was plans were held up a bit because they wanted the new Star Wars attractions to focus more on the new movies. And those movies weren’t quite ready yet. But in an interview Tuesday, Iger said he feels Disney will be able to announce those plans to the public “fairly soon” and that the plans are “ambitious.” Read more about the Disney Star Wars theme parks below. Read More »
Recent reports said that a set of young women including Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black were reading for a central role in the Star Wars spin-off film to be directed by Gareth Edwards. But counter to previous rumors, it won’t be Maslany who gets the lead role. The first official Star Wars spin-off casting news is out, and Felicity Jones is in talks to take the lead role in the mysterious standalone film.
Read More »
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »