Oscar Isaac continues to offer up awesome stories from The Force Awakens. Below, read about those as well as these interesting Star Wars Bits.
- Oscar Isaac talks flying an X-Wing, practical effects and more in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- New details surface about Andy Serkis‘ Force Awakens‘ character.
- Serkis was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the trailer.
- iTunes may have mistakenly identified the hooded figure in The Force Awakens trailer.
- Joel Edgerton will bet you $50 he knows the identity of the same character.
- In 2008, George Lucas said there would never be a Sequel Trilogy
- Learn how to 3D print your own triple lightsaber.
- Marvel’s Star Wars #1 is going to set some sales records, plus see the best variant cover yet.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The Star Wars world is still buzzing about the Force Awakens trailer, and there are lots of tidbits about it below along with some massive potential spoilers. Below, read about the following.
- The Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is on pace to be the most viewed in Internet history.
- Fans and celebrities alike react to and freak out over the Force Awakens trailer
- See more Force Awakens fan art.
- What does the Millennium Falcon shot in The Force Awakens look like when it is stabilized?
- Read a super-detailed article about the new Ball Droid in The Force Awakens.
- How do toy collectors see the Force Awakens trailer?
- What is Andy Serkis‘ role in The Force Awakens?
- Star Wars Rebels is a hit for Disney XD.
- A mother load of likely false Force Awakens plot details were released.
Read More »
2015 is kind of a big year for Star Wars. I heard there might be a movie coming out? Maybe even a convention, too? Well, another huge event on the Star Wars calendar takes place in Orlando, Florida. It’s the annual Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World resort, and the new dates have just been announced. Check out the Star Wars Weekends 2015 dates below. Read More »
Oscar Isaac is one of us, a geek through and through. But at this time last year, we had no idea. A year ago, Isaac was the star of a wonderful Coen Bros. movie, Inside Llewyn Davis, which was a big coming-out party for the actor. Before that he’d appeared mostly as stand out supporting character in Drive, Body of Lies, Robin Hood and others. Fast forward a year, and now we’ve not only seen him fly an X-Wing in the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and he’s also been cast as the ultimate mutant baddie, Apocalypse, in X-Men: Apocalypse. Those are two of the biggest franchise movies Hollywood has happening.
Isaac was out promoting his latest film, A Most Violent Year, and was asked about both projects. Turns out, he’s been an Apocalypse fan for decades and he still can’t believe he got to fly an X-Wing. You can watch the Oscar Isaac Star Wars and X-Men videos below. Read More »
Thursday morning Disney is expected to announce a large set of changes for Disneyland Parks and resort, including a big investment in Frozen in Disney California Adventure and Disneyland, The Muppets‘ DCA theatre will be gone for a while, a Cars Land ride replacement and more. And we also get a rumored timeline of where and when to expect Star Wars Land when it comes to Disneyland.
Read More »
The Internet had two major points of contention with the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. One was horribly racist and the other was incredibly nit picky. The nit picky one is about the new Sith lightsaber seen in the trailer. Many people are complaining that the construction simply doesn’t make sense. That the small sections pointing out of the hilt wouldn’t serve any positive purpose. And who knows? Maybe they’re right. The fact is, the movie doesn’t come out for a year so that may even be a plot point in the film.
Either way, Stephen Colbert has had enough. He explained why the new lightsaber would work, and is awesome, on Monday’s episode of The Colbert Report. The host also revealed he’s been a Star Wars fan longer than anyone. Below, watch the Stephen Colbert Star Wars video and see a few of the memes that the new lightsaber has spawned. Read More »
J.J. Abrams, Lucasfilm and Disney didn’t have to give us a glimpse at Star Wars: The Force Awakens just yet. The movie is still over a year away; no one would have blamed them if we didn’t see something until six months out from release. That’s always been the schedule. But they were kind, and gave us seven scenes to dissect and discuss after almost two years of wild speculation. Now we know John Boyega’s character is a Stormtrooper, Oscar Isaac flies an X-Wing, there’s a new droid, and a bit more.
So yes, it was very kind and exciting to get a first teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This is the Internet, though. We’re always looking toward the next thing. We’ve seen this teaser, but when will we see a second Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer? Well, we just happen to know for sure. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lego, George Lucas and lens flairs were only the beginning. The Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer has only been out for three full days and already the parodies and reactions are impossible to keep up with. As you read this, someone is creating something new – and likely funny – about the trailer. Case in point, multiple new parodies have hit the web. There’s one poking fun at the fact it’s the first Disney film, two taking The Phantom Menace and retrofitting it to this style, a Spaceballs version as well as The Empire Strikes Back. Watch a bunch of new Force Awakens trailer parodies below. Read More »