Considering the long casting process J.J. Abrams and crew went through for Star Wars Episode VII, it’s surprising some missed one simple way to get in the movie: nepotism. The latest rumor surrounding the film is that Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher, has been cast in the movie. A second rumor on top of that says that she’s playing either Leia’s daughter or, oddly, a younger version of Leia herself. We’ll explore both Billie Lourd Star Wars rumors below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Many of us are huge Star Wars fans, and the mere thought that there’s a new film being shot right now is enough to give chills. Now go beyond that thought and daydream about visiting the set. Seeing the Millennium Falcon, touching it, learning a few pieces of information, would be a feeling that’s almost too wild to imagine. Most fans would probably have an emotional breakdown right there at Pinewood.
Kevin Smith is a long time Star Wars fan. Since Clerks, almost every one of Smith’s movies and projects has talked about the franchise, or featured some kind of fleeting reference to or influence from Star Wars. So it must have been pretty awesome for the director to travel to London and visit the set of J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. How awesome was it? Smith broke into tears. Read More »
When you’ve hired a person who is the best in the world at doing something, can you actually ask him not to do it? That’s the question raised with respect to Star Wars Episode VII. In a new interview, actor Andy Serkis spoke about the use of motion- and performance-capture in J.J. Abrams‘ sequel. He confirmed his company, The Imaginarium, would indeed be doing all the mo-cap for the film, adding “and I myself am playing a character in it.” Does that mean he’s a character in the Imaginarium’s work or just a character in the movie?
It would certainly make sense for Serkis to play a performance capture role as he’s the industry’s top performer. He helped define the new art form with his work in in The Lord of the Rings, King Kong and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But he’s a fantastic actor with or without the computer. So what’s the deal? Read the full Andy Serkis Star Wars quote below. Read More »
The battle over May 2016 is getting more and more interesting. A while back, we thought the Summer of 2015 was the be-all, end-all for summer sequels. Those months were scheduled to include all the movies that are currently being released as well as two of the most anticipated movies ever: Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Those two films were later slotted into December 2015 and May 2016 respectively. May 2016 got more interesting, however, when Marvel dated Captain America 3 for the same release day as Batman v Superman. That’s where things stood for a while.
Then Harrison Ford broke his leg.
Now, while Disney is dead-set on holding December 18, 2015 as the Star Wars Episode VII release date, director/producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy have reportedly asked, and been denied, a move to May 4, 2016.
Below, we examine the potential Star Wars 7 release date change from both sides of the argument. Read More »
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
LEGO has released a tiny brick recreation of the now-famous Star Wars Episode 7 script reading. LEGO released the image on twitter with the text “You’ve met the actors, now meet the Minifigure cast of @starwars Episode VII! #LEGOStarWars #StarWarsVII” Hit the jump to see the photo side by side with the original image from the Star Wars Episode VII script reading.
Read More »
Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to make an official statement on the condition of Harrison Ford. Earlier this month, Ford broke his leg on the set of Star Wars Episode VII and the latest rumors state he might be unable to shoot for six months. That’s a huge chunk of downtime for the man who is rumored to be the lead of the film. In spite of that, we’ve heard Disney is trying to keep the December 18, 2015 release without any changes. That’s all well and good but some kind of change is inevitable as a result of the injury.
The latest rumor comes from New York City tabloid paper the New York Post. They report their “Hollywood sources” suggest the role of Oscar Isaac, whatever that role may be, could be expanded to fill some of Solo’s scenes. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »