We know that Andy Serkis‘ performance capture studio The Imaginarium is heavily involved in JJ Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII, but we never considered to ask if classic characters like C-3PO would be computer animated or played by a man-in-suit. Well, apparently when JJ Abrams first called Anthony Daniels, he asked the British actor to voice our favorite protocol droid in the new series. As you know, Daniels not only voiced the character but played the droid on screen in a tightly created armored costume in the original trilogy, although the character was heavily CG animated in the prequels. So is C-3PO a performance capture computer animated creation in Episode 7? Find out the full story of the new C-3po Episode 7 suit, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
These three Star Wars posters are so beautiful, we figured they needed to be featured twice.
Eric Tan is one of our favorite artists here at /Film but, unlike others, he doesn’t release a lot of prints. That’s because his day job is a designer at Disney. That’s cool on its own, but in the past few years, it means he gets to play in the coolest sandbox of all: Star Wars. Over the past few months, Disney has been sporadically releasing Tan’s posters for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and this week, he revealed Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
Unfortunately, Disney chose to only release these Eric Tan Star Wars posters framed and that makes them quite expensive. But you should check them out below and read more about the beautiful posters. Read More »
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
There are about eighty million Star Wars parodies on the Internet, roughly five thousand of which we’ve featured here on /Film. But leave it to Sesame Street to come up with the sweetest of them all. And we do mean “sweetest” — this one is called “Star S’Mores” and takes place “a long time ago, in a cookies and milky way galaxy far, far away.” Watch the Sesame Street Star Wars parody after the jump.
Read More »
As little as we know about Star Wars Episode VII, we know even less about the Star Wars stand-alone films. We know Gareth Edwards and Josh Trank and directing the first two. We’ve heard they may be origin stories and rumors have run rampant of all the various characters that might be featured. Han Solo and Boba Fett are two of the best bets, but Yoda has been mentioned too, possibly a side character in Episode VII and now another name has entered the mix. A new rumor has hit that Lucasfilm is developing an Obi Wan Kenobi stand alone film. Out of all of those rumors, this is the one that makes the most sense. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
All filmmakers have their habits, and one of J.J. Abrams‘ is Greg Grunberg. The two have been pals since childhood, and Abrams includes the actor in his projects whenever possible. As of today, we’ve learned that that even includes Star Wars Episode VII. Hit the jump to read Grunberg’s Star Wars announcement.
Read More »
Some very cool Star Wars Episode VII set photos have been taken, and some very interesting rumors and lots of cool trivia have all shown up online. Below, read about the following.
- A new kind of X-Wing Fighter was spotted by drones flying over the Star Wars Episode VII set.
- Photos of Star Wars extras, in costume, have been taken from a great distance.
- Simon Pegg‘s daughter inspired J.J. Abrams and “saved Star Wars.”
- Hasbro has begun working on Episode VII toys.
- Read how Marvel’s success helped speed up Star Wars.
- What is Daisy Ridley‘s character name in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Star Wars is taking over Subway and your college football games.
- Some intriguing new rumors about Luke Skywalker‘s story in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Who is Daisy Ridley playing in Star Wars Episode VII? We don’t know. What we do know is her character is important. She’ll be in all three films of this trilogy and has been spotted not only on set at Pinewood Studios, but the deserts of Abu Dhabi and islands of Skellig Michael too. Rumors have said she’s the daughter of Han Solo and Princess Leia, or maybe even the granddaughter of Obi-wan Kenobi. Since we have so little real information though, anything is possible.
What could be our first actual piece of information has now been revealed. One website claims to have seen concept drawings of the character’s primary outfit in the film and it definitely has lots to say about who the character is. Check out sketches of the Daisy Ridley Star Wars character below. Read More »