Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o has met with, and may sign on for, a key role in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode 7. The 12 Years A Slave star reportedly is “extremely close” to playing a role not related to the original trilogy. It may be a Sith or a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It’s March and even if you aren’t a sports fan, it’s hard not to get caught up in March Madness. The excitement of filling out a college basketball bracket can only be topped if the bracket was something a little more geeky. Like Star Wars characters, for example.
StarWars.com is hosting a “This is Madness” tournament allowing fans to vote on their favorite characters in a single elimination bracket. In 2013, they did the same thing and Yoda beat Darth Vader in the finals. So, to help promote the contest, Yoda appeared on a version of ESPN’s SportsNation with Max Kellerman to discuss the tournament. It’s super cheesy, but a nice surprise for Star Wars fans. Check it out below. Read More »
Exclusive merchandise, essential Star Wars stories and Episode VII what-ifs. Read about it all in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Check out the limited Star Wars merchandise available during Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles will continue later this year.
- Rumor has it digital versions of the full Star Wars saga will be made available this winter.
- In case you forgot, all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is now on Netflix including The Lost Episodes.
- Dave Filoni calls the final episodes of The Clone Wars “very important to understanding the overall saga.”
- Previously sold out Star Wars maps by artist Andrew DeGraff are back on sale from Gallery 1988.
- Jon Favreau would have done Star Wars Episode VII… if anyone had asked him.
Read More »
The LEGO Star Wars line just revealed its next monster set: The Jawa Sandcrawler. A 3,296 brick set will be available in May and features seven minifigures including Luke Skywalker, Uncle Owen, C-3PO, R2-D2 and several other droids. It’s a massive, beautiful, detailed LEGO Star Wars set and you can check out a bunch of images below. Read More »
Disney and Lucasfilm have still not announced who’ll be starring in J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII, but information continues to creep out there. Besides the Adam Driver business, one member of the original cast who has no problem saying she’s returning for Star Wars 7 is Carrie Fisher. Time and time again Fisher has let it slip she’s planning on returning for the film and now she’s done it again.
Fisher will be appearing on an upcoming episode of the FXX show Legit and that show’s star, Jim Jefferies, told Sirius XM’s Opie and Anthony Show Fisher will be in London for six months later this year shooting the film. Read the full quote below. Read More »
Topher Grace‘s Star Wars Prequel Re-edit has become the stuff of Internet legend. Fans went crazy a few years back when news broke the That 70′s Show actor edited George Lucas‘ three Star Wars prequels into one movie. On the surface, the idea made lots of sense, but many were outraged both that Grace would attempt such a feat and that they’d never get to see it.
To hopefully appease the masses just a bit, Grace had finally released a short trailer for his 85-minute edit, called Star Wars: Episode III.5: The Editor Strikes Back. This is likely the closest anyone will get to seeing the full film. Check it out below. Read More »
The star of Girls could soon become a Sith. Variety is reporting Adam Driver is close to signing a deal that’ll make him the main villain in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII.
UPDATE: Driver’s Girls co-star, Lena Dunham, seems to confirm the news. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A new Star Wars trailer for the “lost episodes” of the Clone Wars headlines this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch the trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions coming soon to Netflix.
- Harrison Ford is rumored to be part of a TV miniseries being shot during the Star Wars Episode VII filming schedule.
- Star Wars merchandise is now being sold in Disney stores in person and online.
- Artist Eric Tan makes his first Star Wars poster.
- The female Star Wars Rebels character toys will debut at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Sign a petition to name a stage at Pinewood Studios after late Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand.
- The sound mixer for Star Wars Episode VII is excited.
Read More »