Star Wars Rebels dominates this edition of Star Wars Bits, but there’s others great stuff in here too. Below, read about the following:
- Concept art from Star Wars Rebels season 2 makes its way online.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni talks the finale’s mysteries and revelations.
- See two new toys based on the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Fans have begun making merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ian McDiarmid is coming to Star Wars Celebration and more revelations.
- Her Universe is offering up some cool new Star Wars merch.
- Read a theory about how the Inquisitor fits into Star Wars Rebels past and future.
- Part 3 of Dave Filoni’s interview with StarWars.com is now online.
- A Lego Star Wars Rebels short film features the TIE Advance Prototype.
- Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage could be coming soon.
- Clone Wars voice star Sam Witwer could be returning to Rebels.
- Watch a video with five Star Wars Stand Alone films that should happen.
- Possible spoilers about Princess Leia‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Disney has announced that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) is joining the voice cast of Star Wars Rebels. Gellar will be joining her husband Freddie Prinze Jr. for the second season of the Disney XD animated series. No word on what Gellar’s role may be in the show, but we do know that its a recurring role and not a guest appearance. Hit the jump to read the full Sarah Michelle Gellar Star Wars Rebels press release.
(Note that a spoiler for the first season finale of Star Wars Rebels is in the last two paragraphs of the release.)
Read More »
The first season of Star Wars Rebels is now in the books. The Star Wars history books, that is. Rebels was the first new piece of Star Wars content created after Disney bought the company in 2012. That in itself is pretty significant. Beyond that, the show was the first piece of official canon story linking what happened between the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy.
I know what you’re thinking. “Weren’t there numerous books and comics that told stories in that time frame?” Yes, but those never counted. Plus, but when Disney took over they wiped the Star Wars canon clean. The only things that officially happened in the new Star Wars canon are the six movies, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. Any new content they release – books, comics, movies, etc. will all become official parts of the story, too.
So what does that mean? It means that what happened over the course of Star Wars Rebels season one matters. A lot. The actions of the characters and events that unfolded all have a real bearing on Star Wars as a whole. Those events have changed Star Wars history in some minor, and even some major ways. Ideally, you’d just watch all the episodes and see what I mean for yourself. Another option is to continue reading and find out how the Star Wars Rebels canon additions changed Star Wars history forever. Read More »
A fascinating answer to one of Star Wars Rebels‘ biggest questions headlines this latest edition of Star Wars Bits. In addition, below you can read about the following:
- Billy Dee Williams might appear in Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Iko Uwais has a “significant” role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The rumor of a character name in The Force Awakens once again pops up.
- Rumored titles of books tied to The Force Awakens have been revealed as well as the release plans.
- Read a new excerpt to Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- Watch a clip from the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Dave Filoni breaks down season one of Star Wars Rebels and answers the big question, do Kanan and Ezra have to die?
Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits jumps all over the timeline. Below, read about the following:
- Own the first ever autographed cast photo for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Oscar Isaac says he’s “in the dark” about Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Dave Filoni offers a fascinating look at the development of Star Wars Rebels
- See some images from a new Star Wars poster book.
- Read an excerpt from Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- What locations does the Millennium Falcon show up at in The Force Awakens?
- A fascinating, new rumor has surfaced about Luke Skywalker‘s role in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Darth Vader’s appearance may be the headline when it comes to Monday’s Star Wars Rebels season one finale, but there’s lots more going on. A daring rescue, menacing Star Destroyers, three way lightsaber battles, and pimped-out Tie Fighters — things are about to get big. A trailer for the episode, which is called Fire Across the Galaxy, has just come online and it’s really fantastic. Good enough that we decided to highlight it on its own instead of in Star Wars Bits.
Below, watch the awesome season one Star Wars Rebels finale trailer. Read More »
Monday night, the penultimate episode of the first season of Star Wars Rebels aired. That means next week, the first season ends and with it brings comes most iconic character in the saga. Darth Vader will make his first official appearance on the show during the season one finale. The episode is called Fire Across the Galaxy and it’ll air on Disney XD at 9:00 p.m.
Below, find out more about the Darth Vader Star Wars Rebels appearance and see a clip. Read More »
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
Read More »
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »