Dive deep into Star Wars Rebels, see a potentially massive Episode VII spoiler and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible new photo of a villain in Star Wars Episode VII has been revealed.
- Watch Darth Vader‘s cameo on Star Wars Rebels.
- Dave Filoni talks Monday’s Star Wars Rebels twist.
- New rumors about voice actors and the possible direction of Star Wars Rebels have surfaced.
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about visiting the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and does a Jar Jar impression.
- Two upcoming Star Wars novels get new release dates.
- Listen to an audio excerpt from Star Wars: Tarkin.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Beer and parties are two of the things in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Yes, for real. There’s also Episode VII speculation and all of the following:
- Star Trek star Brent Spiner has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- Read a rumor of how performance capture is being used in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Footage from the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 game is out.
- Watch Rebels Recon, the official Star Wars Rebels recap show.
- See photos from the London birthday celebration of Carrie Fisher.
- Daisy Ridley gets a new agent.
- Lucasfilm considers legal action against a beer company over their latest brew.
- Will Star Wars Episode VII steal a gag from Episode IV? And are there set photos of it?
- A possible scene with Han Solo and Chewbacca is described.
Read More »
A man walks in the woods and sees a scene from Star Wars Episode VII. Fact or fiction? Read about it, and the stories below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumored descriptions of vehicles in Star Wars Episode VII.
- A man walking near Pinewood Studios said he heard and saw J.J. Abrams filming a scene.
- Daniel Radcliffe visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch the official sneak of Darth Vader‘s Star Wars Rebels cameo.
- Listen to Dave Filoni talks Star Wars Rebels for 15 minutes.
- Read some excerpts from Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno.
- A Star Wars helmet showed up on Antiques Roadshow.
- See the Skywalker cameo in Star Wars Rebels.
- What happened to the Tie Fighter In Star Wars Rebels “Fighter Flight?”
Read More »
Two of the actresses in Star Wars Episode VII are in the news, as is Star Wars Rebels, George Lucas and more. Read about all this in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Lupita Nyong’o posted an image of herself in the Star Wars Episode VII crew hat.
- Actress Christina Chong has finished filming Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch two featurettes about Star Wars Rebels featuring new footage and making of information.
- Alex Ross reveals a variant cover of the new Marvel Comics Star Wars #1.
- George Lucas has some harsh words for the Hollywood studio system.
- Star Wars Episode VII made Abu Dhabi a hot filming spot.
- German TV is getting an all Star Wars TV station in December.
Read More »
The circle is now complete. In three weeks, J.J. Abrams will be done with principal photography on Star Wars Episode VII. In this edition of Star Wars Bits read about that milestone, and get info on the following items:
- The new London ILM president suggests we’ll only get six Star Wars movies over the next ten years.
- Could Darth Bane be the villain of Star Wars Episode VII?
- John Boyega tweets a very curious image of an R2 unit.
- Star Wars Rebels set a ratings record on Disney XD.
- Read the titles and credits for Star Wars Rebels episodes 7 and 10.
- Star Wars Rebels character Zare Leonis is NOT John Boyega’s Star Wars Episode VII character.
- Get $190 worth of Star Wars comics for whatever price you want to pay.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When the second episode of Star Wars Rebels co-starred C-3PO and R2-D2, you realized they weren’t shying away from recognizable characters. The story of Kanan, Ezra and the rest of the Rebels will primarily take place parallel to anything going on with Obi-Wan Kenobi, the young Skywalkers and more but the Empire is the Empire. And if the Rebels are fighting against it, they’re really fighting against two people: The Emperor and Darth Vader.
But, as we know from the original trilogy, The Emperor is mostly behind the scenes. Vader is his who, at the time of Rebels, is “hunting down and destroying the Jedi.” He’s the boss of The Inquisitor, the primary villain in the series so when Rebels goes to the masses on October 26, Darth Vader will make a brief cameo.
But you already knew that. Below, see what Star Wars Rebels Darth Vader is going to look like. Read More »
Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
Everything is connected in the new Star Wars universe. The TV shows, movies, and books, all tell one cohesive story. That’s part of the way Lucasfilm and Disney are now doing business in a galaxy far, far away and a brand new endeavor spotlighting that singular story was just announced.
Next year, Marvel will release a comic series called Star Wars – Kanan: The Last Padawan. Kanan is one of the stars of Star Wars Rebels. He’s voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. and is the lone Jedi on the crew. However, in a time where all Jedi are being hunted down and murdered, that’s not exactly a great thing to be. This comic will tell how he got to that point.
Star Wars – Kanan: The Last Padawan hits shelves in April. Below, see the cover of the first episode and read more from writer and Star Wars Rebels executive producer Greg Weisman. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions is coming to Blu-ray, see the cover art, find out information about the release and when to expect it.
- What can we expect from the Jedi in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Joel Edgerton is interested in returning as Uncle Owen if they actually make a rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.
- The third installment of an in-depth interview with Star Wars Rebels producer Simon Kinberg.
- Simon Pegg‘s observation on the generational gap of the Star Wars trilogies thus far.
- An early preview of 16 new Star Wars LEGO sets
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »