It’s George Lucas‘ 70th birthday, so what better way to celebrate than a new Star Wars Bits? There’s lots of Episode VII stuff below, including rumors, accidents, excitement and more. But that’s not all. Read about the following in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Adam Driver might be playing the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia in Star Wars Episode VII.
- As a kid, Oscar Isaac dressed as a Gonk droid for a Return of the Jedi party.
- A helicopter accident in Iceland might have been Star Wars-related.
- Michael Giacchino isn’t helping John Williams on Episode VII.
- Simon Kinberg talks tone, but not Kanan, in Star Wars Rebels.
- Andy Serkis talks about script security and excitement.
- See the Episode VII cast photo in color.
- Watch the world’s largest Darth Vader built from Legos.
- Augmented Reality is coming to Star Wars Weekends.
- Jon Favreau still wants to direct a Star Wars movie.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There are so many Star Wars Bits right now, it’s time to just get to it. Below, read about the following:
- Two alternate working titles for Star Wars Episode VII emerge.
- A fan mashes up the Star Wars score with the Disney logo.
- New images have surfaced of the full Star Wars Rebels voice cast.
- Star Wars Battlefront will have a presence at the Electronics Entertainment Expo in June…
- …but Star Wars Episode VII reportedly won’t be at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Star Wars Celebration Anaheim just launched its website.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy book (seen above).
- The first season of Star Wars Rebels is how many episodes? And Simon Kinberg talks writing Trilogy characters.
- Star Wars actor John Morton clarifies his recent Rebels/Star Wars Episode VII quotes.
- Carrie Fisher is down 40lbs for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Two new locations might be in the cards for the George Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
Read More »
At the beginning of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Princess Leia asks one man to aid the fight against the Empire. “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.” That declaration is paying off on the small screen later this year. News recently broke that Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Jedi Master who brought Luke Skywalker to Tatooine and defeated Anakin Skywalker, will be a character on Star Wars Rebels.
UPDATE: A new post by the Star Wars Insider Magazine suggests Lando Calrissian is in it it too. Read more below. Read More »
The first two pieces of original content the Disney Star Wars universe will provide are going to be Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Episode VII. On paper, they couldn’t be further apart. One is an animated TV series, set between the events of the prequels and the original trilogy. The other is a live-action, big budget blockbuster that finally continues the story George Lucas began in 1977.
We do know both of these creations will be considered canon, so characters who may or may not appear in Rebels will exist in the same universe as Episode VII. But, a new interview suggests the connections could be even closer than expected. One former Star Wars actor says “Rebels will set up and point the direction for Episode VII” and “The characters they are creating in Rebels will be around in Episode VII.” Read more about the Star Wars Rebels characters potential Episode VII link below. Read More »
Star Wars Day, May the 4th, is upon us. Lucasfilm kicked off its festivities in the wee hours of the morning. The first Star Wars Rebels trailer is here, giving audiences the first healthy gulp of the new Disney-owned Star Wars universe. The animated show, set between Episodes III and IV, will premiere this fall on The Disney Channel before taking its regular spot on Disney XD. Watch the first, full, Star Wars Rebels trailer below plus see new images. Read More »
In case there hadn’t been enough Star Wars shot into your eyeballs this week, we haven’t even hit the grand finale. That will take place on Sunday May 4, otherwise known as Star Wars Day. Surely nothing on “May the 4th Be With You” could beat Tuesday’s announcement, right? But there could be more info on Star Wars Episode VII. And we will, for sure, see a full trailer for Star Wars Rebels.
Rebels, if you are unaware, is an upcoming Disney XD animated series set between Episodes III and IV revealing the in-canon story of how the Rebellion against the Empire was created. It premieres this Fall and while we’ve seen some clips and character introductions, we haven’t seen a good, long chunk yet. We’ll get that Sunday morning, but for now, check out a preview of the Star Wars Rebels trailer. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
Everyone’s making plans for Star Wars Day on May the 4th. After the jump:
- Future Star Wars games will be canon, says Lucasfilm
- Timothy Zahn weighs in on the EU and official canon
- Chris Miller points out his own contribution to the canon
- See a promo for The Big Bang Theory‘s Star Wars episode
- Browse some Star Wars Day prints from Dark Ink
- Get details on Disney’s Stormtrooper-centric art exhibit
- Watch the first full Star Wars Rebels trailer on May 4
- In the meantime, flip through some Star Wars Rebels pics
- … and read a lengthy interview with Rebels‘ Dave Filoni
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
WonderCon 2014 brought a bunch of news regarding this fall’s highly anticipated TV show, Star Wars Rebels. Paramount among this is an action-packed new clip released from the show, but also a bunch of excellent new Star Wars Rebels concept art, the news Star Wars: The Clone Wars composer Kevin Kiner will return to score the show, new merchandise and the news Rebels could include characters or influence from the Expanded Universe. Check it all out below. Read More »