Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
If only I could’ve talked to Simon Kinberg two hours after I talked to him at Star Wars Celebration. I would have seen the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels which answered many of the questions I asked. Even better, if I could’ve talked to him two weeks later, I could have asked the show’s executive producer about his Fantastic Four director, Josh Trank, leaving the Star Wars universe. Alas, neither of those things happened.
What did happen was a quick, 1:1 chat minutes after seeing the Star Wars Rebels season 2 trailer at Celebration which raised a whole bunch of questions about the second season of the hit show. Basically, if you weren’t at Celebration and only watched the trailer for Rebels Season 2, this is the perfect interview for you. Even if you were there though, there’s good stuff in here.
Kinberg talked about working with the story group to bring original trilogy characters into the series, that shocking season one finale, how far he is into season two and the end game of the series. Below, read our latest Simon Kinberg Star Wars Rebels interview. Read More »
Star Wars Rebels season two begins on June 20, but in the event you haven’t seen the first season help is on the way. The full first season of Rebels is now available to stream online for free, from now through May 4. (That day being Star Wars Day.) Basically, that means you’ve got the weekend to catch up on all of the first season episodes. If you want to start your Star Wars Rebels free stream now, we’ve got the debut episode embedded bel0w. Read More »
UPDATE: The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere described below will premiere June 20. Read more info after our original article.
Darth Vader is on the trail of Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine and Zeb in the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels. The hour-long episode won’t be on Disney XD until this summer, but a few hundred lucky fans at Star Wars Celebration were treated to an early sneak peak.
/Film was on hand and recorded a video blog immediately after the screening to talk about the Rebels Season 2 premiere. We do touch on a few minor spoilers so beware, but it’s not a spoiler to say the episode is an amazing piece of television. A story that absolutely could very easily be a Star Wars movie.
Watch our Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiere video blog below. Read More »
Since the inception of Star Wars Rebels, everyone’s been acting under one assumption. That assumption is the show would only take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But when you start thinking about films like Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, we start to wonder. Why does the show have to stop there? The Skywalker story isn’t the only thing happening with the Rebel Alliance. Why couldn’t the Rebels cross over, not only with Rogue One, which is set in the same period, but maybe even into A New Hope and beyond?
The answer to those questions is: it could happen. This is according to Rebels producers Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni. We spoke with each at Star Wars Celebration and they said the show is not beholden to any timeline, there could be crossover with the films on the animated show itself, and there’s even a possibility the characters could show up in live action.
Of course, this is all hypothetical, but it sure does open up a pandora box’s of Star Wars possibilities. Below, read the quotes from Kinberg and Filoni on a potential Star Wars Rebels movie crossover. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Just when everyone was busy talking or bitching about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the Star Wars Rebels team jumped on board with a strange design of their own. They introduced Ezra’s lightsaber, which looks like a staple gun and combines a blaster with a lightsaber. Because it wasn’t in theaters, this unique new Star Wars weapon didn’t creator the fervor of its cross-guarded counterpart, but it was still a radical departure from what Star Wars fans expect from the series’ elegant weapons.
At Star Wars Celebration, we spoke with Rebels producer Dave Filoni and since he wasn’t giving up many details on season 2, we asked about Ezra’s saber. Where did the idea come from? How was it designed? What was the purpose and was it hard getting it approved by the Lucasfilm Story Group? Read everything Filoni had to say about the Ezra lightsaber below. Read More »
The Rebels are taking over Star Wars Celebration Saturday with a panel and world premiere of the first two episodes of the second season, which premieres later this year. To kick things off, they dropped a season 2 trailer, which you can see below.
We’ll have more on Star Wars Rebels in the coming days, including news from the panel, reactions to the premiere and an interview with Dave Filoni. For now, feast your eyes on the Rebels Season 2 trailer which features the return of Captain Rex, Darth Vader fighting our Jedi, A-Wings, B-Wings and more. There’s also a new poster and images. Read More »
This is a can’t miss edition of Star Wars Bits with info ranging from The Force Awakens and Rogue One, to Rebels, the books and Celebration. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford has been released from the hospital after his plane crash.
- See an updated Star Wars canon timeline.
- A 50 page preview of Star Wars: Lords of the Sith hits the net.
- A bit of insider information on Star Wars actor contracts.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Kanan: The Last Padawan #1.
- A Star Wars episode of The Big Bang Theory airs this week.
- Watch videos of Anthony Daniels at Emerald City Comic-Con.
- Check out Funko’s Star Wars Celebration exclusives.
- An update on several Rogue One rumors including Aaron Paul.
- Read some potential spoilers on the size of the villain roles in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Star Wars Rebels dominates this edition of Star Wars Bits, but there’s others great stuff in here too. Below, read about the following:
- Concept art from Star Wars Rebels season 2 makes its way online.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni talks the finale’s mysteries and revelations.
- See two new toys based on the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Fans have begun making merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ian McDiarmid is coming to Star Wars Celebration and more revelations.
- Her Universe is offering up some cool new Star Wars merch.
- Read a theory about how the Inquisitor fits into Star Wars Rebels past and future.
- Part 3 of Dave Filoni’s interview with StarWars.com is now online.
- A Lego Star Wars Rebels short film features the TIE Advance Prototype.
- Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage could be coming soon.
- Clone Wars voice star Sam Witwer could be returning to Rebels.
- Watch a video with five Star Wars Stand Alone films that should happen.
- Possible spoilers about Princess Leia‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
Read More »