At the beginning of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Princess Leia asks one man to aid the fight against the Empire. “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.” That declaration is paying off on the small screen later this year. News recently broke that Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Jedi Master who brought Luke Skywalker to Tatooine and defeated Anakin Skywalker, will be a character on Star Wars Rebels.
UPDATE: A new post by the Star Wars Insider Magazine suggests Lando Calrissian is in it it too. Read more below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The first two pieces of original content the Disney Star Wars universe will provide are going to be Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Episode VII. On paper, they couldn’t be further apart. One is an animated TV series, set between the events of the prequels and the original trilogy. The other is a live-action, big budget blockbuster that finally continues the story George Lucas began in 1977.
We do know both of these creations will be considered canon, so characters who may or may not appear in Rebels will exist in the same universe as Episode VII. But, a new interview suggests the connections could be even closer than expected. One former Star Wars actor says “Rebels will set up and point the direction for Episode VII” and “The characters they are creating in Rebels will be around in Episode VII.” Read more about the Star Wars Rebels characters potential Episode VII link below. Read More »
Star Wars Day, May the 4th, is upon us. Lucasfilm kicked off its festivities in the wee hours of the morning. The first Star Wars Rebels trailer is here, giving audiences the first healthy gulp of the new Disney-owned Star Wars universe. The animated show, set between Episodes III and IV, will premiere this fall on The Disney Channel before taking its regular spot on Disney XD. Watch the first, full, Star Wars Rebels trailer below plus see new images. Read More »
In case there hadn’t been enough Star Wars shot into your eyeballs this week, we haven’t even hit the grand finale. That will take place on Sunday May 4, otherwise known as Star Wars Day. Surely nothing on “May the 4th Be With You” could beat Tuesday’s announcement, right? But there could be more info on Star Wars Episode VII. And we will, for sure, see a full trailer for Star Wars Rebels.
Rebels, if you are unaware, is an upcoming Disney XD animated series set between Episodes III and IV revealing the in-canon story of how the Rebellion against the Empire was created. It premieres this Fall and while we’ve seen some clips and character introductions, we haven’t seen a good, long chunk yet. We’ll get that Sunday morning, but for now, check out a preview of the Star Wars Rebels trailer. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
Everyone’s making plans for Star Wars Day on May the 4th. After the jump:
- Future Star Wars games will be canon, says Lucasfilm
- Timothy Zahn weighs in on the EU and official canon
- Chris Miller points out his own contribution to the canon
- See a promo for The Big Bang Theory‘s Star Wars episode
- Browse some Star Wars Day prints from Dark Ink
- Get details on Disney’s Stormtrooper-centric art exhibit
- Watch the first full Star Wars Rebels trailer on May 4
- In the meantime, flip through some Star Wars Rebels pics
- … and read a lengthy interview with Rebels‘ Dave Filoni
Read More »
WonderCon 2014 brought a bunch of news regarding this fall’s highly anticipated TV show, Star Wars Rebels. Paramount among this is an action-packed new clip released from the show, but also a bunch of excellent new Star Wars Rebels concept art, the news Star Wars: The Clone Wars composer Kevin Kiner will return to score the show, new merchandise and the news Rebels could include characters or influence from the Expanded Universe. Check it all out below. Read More »
Some Episode VII speculation, lots of video game news and the ultimate Star Wars champion are all in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Peter Mayhew comments on potentially coming back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- The creative director of Uncharted is in charge of the a new Star Wars video game.
- Footage from a cancelled Darth Maul video game is now online.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 2014 Star Wars champion.
- One of the latest rumors is Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan could be in Episode VII.
- Check out a new poster for Star Wars Rebels, which may reveal new info next month.
- Watch a blooper reel for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Artist Craig Drake released three amazing new Star Wars posters, available now.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A new Star Wars trailer for the “lost episodes” of the Clone Wars headlines this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch the trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions coming soon to Netflix.
- Harrison Ford is rumored to be part of a TV miniseries being shot during the Star Wars Episode VII filming schedule.
- Star Wars merchandise is now being sold in Disney stores in person and online.
- Artist Eric Tan makes his first Star Wars poster.
- The female Star Wars Rebels character toys will debut at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Sign a petition to name a stage at Pinewood Studios after late Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand.
- The sound mixer for Star Wars Episode VII is excited.
Read More »