The premiere of the second season of Star Wars Rebels is just a couple weeks away. We’ve already seen the season premiere thanks to Star Wars Celebration (check out our video blog from afterwards here), but everyone else has been waiting patiently. And now we have a new tease of the second season’s one-hour first episode, The Siege of Lothal.
It looks like Darth Vader is going to play pretty prominently, at least in this first episode, as he’s been dispatched by the Emperor to hunt down our heroes. Watch the Star Wars Rebels second season premiere teaser after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
If you’re into toys and video games, this is a particularly solid edition of Star Wars Bits. The rest is pretty good too. Below, read about the following:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees to help on Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- Amazing images from the original trilogy section of Disney Infinity 3.0 hit the web.
- Geonosis and Tatooine in Disney Infinity 3.0 are revealed.
- Read an interview with the writer of Star Wars #6.
- Check out some Indiana Jones easter eggs in The Clone Wars.
- Find out the names and sizes of all the Force Awakens LEGO sets.
- What went into bringing Ashoka back for Star Wars Rebels?
- The company which designed BB-8 is expanding.
- Find out a few more details on Star Wars: Uprising.
- See what First Order bed sheets look like, licensed from The Force Awakens.
- Could we see Ewoks in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
Read More »
We’re pretty sure no Bothans died to bring you this latest edition of Star Wars Bits, but we can’t be sure. Here’s what you’ll find in the latest update on all things Star Wars:
- The opening crawls of the Star Wars saga get ranked,
- Rumored story details on a new hero’s lightsaber use in The Force Awakens,
- Star Wars Reads Day returns this fall,
- Another Game of Thrones star talks about being on The Force Awakens set,
- The Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper Black Series figure revealed?
- Star Wars Uprising mobile game to fill story gaps?
- The Star Wars Rebels soundtrack is available online.
Read More »
Star Wars Bits is back and packed full of interesting stuff. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Anthology writer Gary Whitta is writing for Star Wars Rebels.
- Rian Johnson wrote Star Wars Episode VIII in Moleskine notebooks.
- See an image of the works in the Star Wars canon.
- A rumor surfaces about a post-credits scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- John Williams will record his Force Awakens score soon.
- Watch a video on the new Madame Tussauds’ Star Wars exhibit.
- For the the time in China, The Star Wars Saga will screen theatrically.
- The website “How BB-8 Works” explains the obvious question.
Read More »
The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere, The Siege of Lothal, will premiere on June 20. And you do not want to miss it. In an instant, the stakes on the Disney XD show are shot through the roof. However, when I spoke with the show’s executive producer Dave Filoni at Star Wars Celebration, I didn’t yet know that. We had just seen the epic season 2 trailer and I knew the notoriously cagey producer wasn’t going to spoil anything. So, instead, I looked ahead to season to and back to season 1. What did I want to know as a Star Wars fan after watching that amazing series and that awesome trailer?
In our interview, Filoni talks about the shadow Darth Vader will have over the upcoming season of the show. He talks about the weight of holding back secrets, Ezra’s lightsaber, as well as how the Rebellion will develop this season and the reintroduction of some iconic ships. Below, read our full season 2 Dave Filoni Star Wars Rebels interview from Star Wars Celebration. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
If only I could’ve talked to Simon Kinberg two hours after I talked to him at Star Wars Celebration. I would have seen the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels which answered many of the questions I asked. Even better, if I could’ve talked to him two weeks later, I could have asked the show’s executive producer about his Fantastic Four director, Josh Trank, leaving the Star Wars universe. Alas, neither of those things happened.
What did happen was a quick, 1:1 chat minutes after seeing the Star Wars Rebels season 2 trailer at Celebration which raised a whole bunch of questions about the second season of the hit show. Basically, if you weren’t at Celebration and only watched the trailer for Rebels Season 2, this is the perfect interview for you. Even if you were there though, there’s good stuff in here.
Kinberg talked about working with the story group to bring original trilogy characters into the series, that shocking season one finale, how far he is into season two and the end game of the series. Below, read our latest Simon Kinberg Star Wars Rebels interview. Read More »
Star Wars Rebels season two begins on June 20, but in the event you haven’t seen the first season help is on the way. The full first season of Rebels is now available to stream online for free, from now through May 4. (That day being Star Wars Day.) Basically, that means you’ve got the weekend to catch up on all of the first season episodes. If you want to start your Star Wars Rebels free stream now, we’ve got the debut episode embedded bel0w. Read More »
UPDATE: The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere described below will premiere June 20. Read more info after our original article.
Darth Vader is on the trail of Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine and Zeb in the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels. The hour-long episode won’t be on Disney XD until this summer, but a few hundred lucky fans at Star Wars Celebration were treated to an early sneak peak.
/Film was on hand and recorded a video blog immediately after the screening to talk about the Rebels Season 2 premiere. We do touch on a few minor spoilers so beware, but it’s not a spoiler to say the episode is an amazing piece of television. A story that absolutely could very easily be a Star Wars movie.
Watch our Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiere video blog below. Read More »