Two of the actresses in Star Wars Episode VII are in the news, as is Star Wars Rebels, George Lucas and more. Read about all this in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Lupita Nyong’o posted an image of herself in the Star Wars Episode VII crew hat.
- Actress Christina Chong has finished filming Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch two featurettes about Star Wars Rebels featuring new footage and making of information.
- Alex Ross reveals a variant cover of the new Marvel Comics Star Wars #1.
- George Lucas has some harsh words for the Hollywood studio system.
- Star Wars Episode VII made Abu Dhabi a hot filming spot.
- German TV is getting an all Star Wars TV station in December.
Read More »
The circle is now complete. In three weeks, J.J. Abrams will be done with principal photography on Star Wars Episode VII. In this edition of Star Wars Bits read about that milestone, and get info on the following items:
- The new London ILM president suggests we’ll only get six Star Wars movies over the next ten years.
- Could Darth Bane be the villain of Star Wars Episode VII?
- John Boyega tweets a very curious image of an R2 unit.
- Star Wars Rebels set a ratings record on Disney XD.
- Read the titles and credits for Star Wars Rebels episodes 7 and 10.
- Star Wars Rebels character Zare Leonis is NOT John Boyega’s Star Wars Episode VII character.
- Get $190 worth of Star Wars comics for whatever price you want to pay.
Read More »
A new piece of Star Wars news hit today, straight from the official YouTube page. The channel posted a funny video featuring long-time Star Wars actor Warwick Davis discussing whether or not he will be appearing in Star Wars Episode VII. Spoiler alert: he will. Watch the video and more below. Read More »
Brad Bird had a big decision, one many film fans would love to have to make. In a new interview, the director of Tomorrowland once again talked about being approached to direct Star Wars Episode VII and strongly considering the job, but being so deep into pre-production on Tomorrowland he had to turn the Star Wars gig down.
However, Bird strongly considered making Tomorrowland then jumping right into a Galaxy Far, Far Away. Watch Bird talk about turning down Star Wars Episode VII below. Read More »
Right now as you read this, super lucky people are looking at images from Star Wars Episode VII. Within the next year, we’ll all have a chance to see them as well but at the moment, J.J. Abrams and everyone involved is keeping everything incredibly secret. But the images are out there and some sites are providing us with the best possible alternative to seeing them ourselves: describing them.
Below, read the potential descriptions of seven different scenes and concepts from Star Wars Episode VII including a few that take place in a forest. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions is coming to Blu-ray, see the cover art, find out information about the release and when to expect it.
- What can we expect from the Jedi in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Joel Edgerton is interested in returning as Uncle Owen if they actually make a rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.
- The third installment of an in-depth interview with Star Wars Rebels producer Simon Kinberg.
- Simon Pegg‘s observation on the generational gap of the Star Wars trilogies thus far.
- An early preview of 16 new Star Wars LEGO sets
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII speculation, scenes, and cold, hard Star Wars Rebels facts highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII star Pip Andersen made a visit to Andy Serkis‘ Imaginarium Studios.
- Star Wars Rebels premiered Friday to 6.5 million viewers and is coming to New York Comic-Con.
- Star Wars in Concert might be returning.
- Simon Kinberg analyzed every moment of Star Wars Rebels for StarWars.com
- Read a possible description of a hanger space in Star Wars Episode VII as well as a lightsaber showdown.
- ABC will air an episode of Star Wars Rebels on October 26 with a new scene.
- Read an excerpt from James Luceno‘s Star Wars novel Tarkin.
- Watch a video of the Director of Music and Scoring at Skywalker Sound.
Read More »
A new photo from the set of Star Wars Episode VII has been released. Well, more accurately, a pic has emerged from inside the production offices at Pinewood Studios outside London. It’s the same image Kevin Smith described when he talked about his trip to the set; this time the actual image was posted by Frank Marshall, the film producer and husband of Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm. It’s a Star Wars themed poster warning people who visit the set about what they can and can’t say. See the Star Wars 7 poster here. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
There’s no end to the amount of rumors and speculation surrounding Star Wars Episode VII. Like, literally no end. The second we read, analyze, and write about one, another two pop up in its place. This is how things are going to go until J.J. Abrams and friends gives us some actual fat to chew on in the form of real information. Who are the actors playing? What’s the most absolutely basic plot description? What’s the title? Any of that would change the conversation immediately.
For now, without any of that, we continue to feed on bits and pieces. Scraps of information presented in digestible form from all over the internet. Today’s example are several rumored scenes and tidbits regarding the reveal of a lightsaber, a new droid and a reference to Empire Strikes Back. To reveal more would be considered a spoiler, so read about the rumored Star Wars Episode 7 spoilers below. Read More »