Some cool, semi-spoilery Episode VII speculation and actual facts are part of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- New details have potentially emerged about some of the new Star Wars Episode VII Storm Troopers.
- Read about the two Star Wars New York Comic-Con panels.
- Listen to the Star Wars Rebels theme performed by a live orchestra.
- A possible explanation of the new Episode VII X-Wing has been revealed.
- How Anthony Daniels see the fate of C-3PO?
- Check out a new teaser for Star Wars: The Old Republic‘s free play.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We know that Andy Serkis‘ performance capture studio The Imaginarium is heavily involved in JJ Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII, but we never considered to ask if classic characters like C-3PO would be computer animated or played by a man-in-suit. Well, apparently when JJ Abrams first called Anthony Daniels, he asked the British actor to voice our favorite protocol droid in the new series. As you know, Daniels not only voiced the character but played the droid on screen in a tightly created armored costume in the original trilogy, although the character was heavily CG animated in the prequels. So is C-3PO a performance capture computer animated creation in Episode 7? Find out the full story of the new C-3po Episode 7 suit, after the jump.
Read More »
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
Some very cool Star Wars Episode VII set photos have been taken, and some very interesting rumors and lots of cool trivia have all shown up online. Below, read about the following.
- A new kind of X-Wing Fighter was spotted by drones flying over the Star Wars Episode VII set.
- Photos of Star Wars extras, in costume, have been taken from a great distance.
- Simon Pegg‘s daughter inspired J.J. Abrams and “saved Star Wars.”
- Hasbro has begun working on Episode VII toys.
- Read how Marvel’s success helped speed up Star Wars.
- What is Daisy Ridley‘s character name in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Star Wars is taking over Subway and your college football games.
- Some intriguing new rumors about Luke Skywalker‘s story in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
The new animated series Star Wars Rebels bridges the gap between Episode III and Episode IV as it charts the rise of the rebellion as the Empire takes hold of the galaxy. That puts it several decades on the timeline before Star Wars Episode VII. Still, we’ve wondered if characters or elements from the new movie might first show up in Rebels. Simon Kinberg, a creative on Rebels and also a writer on one Star Wars spinoff film, now says that Rebels will definitely introduce new characters, locations and elements “before we’ve ever seen them in the movies, possibly including VII.” Read More »
Who is Daisy Ridley playing in Star Wars Episode VII? We don’t know. What we do know is her character is important. She’ll be in all three films of this trilogy and has been spotted not only on set at Pinewood Studios, but the deserts of Abu Dhabi and islands of Skellig Michael too. Rumors have said she’s the daughter of Han Solo and Princess Leia, or maybe even the granddaughter of Obi-wan Kenobi. Since we have so little real information though, anything is possible.
What could be our first actual piece of information has now been revealed. One website claims to have seen concept drawings of the character’s primary outfit in the film and it definitely has lots to say about who the character is. Check out sketches of the Daisy Ridley Star Wars character below. Read More »
Update: Video footage added after the jump.
Photos of the sets and vehicles for Star Wars Episode VII are among the most sought-after snaps right now, and one guy managed to get one by accident. Matthew Myatt shooting aerial photos for use as stock photos for the flying school Airborne Aviation, but he captured something that isn’t going to make it into the stock catalogue: an image of a tarp-covered X-Wing fighter next to a half-built Millennium Falcon. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If you didn’t think JJ Abrams was an Apple fan, then take a look at the Apple Store-looking design of the bridge of the USS Enterprise in his Star Trek films. In his famous “mystery box” Ted Talk, Abrams enthused “I love Apple computers. I’m obsessed. My MacBook challenges me: ‘What are you going to write that is worthy of me?’”
So it comes as no surprise that Abrams was glued to the Apple announcements yesterday morning as he prepped for another day of shooting on Star Wars Episode VII. He even tweeted out a photo of a note he wrote geeking out about the new Apple Watch which was announced, but take note of the background of the photo which teases a Star Wars set which might seem familiar to fans of the series. What does this new JJ Abrams photo tell us about Episode 7? Lets speculate after the jump.
Read More »