The Walt Disney Company released their 2013 Shareholder letter on Tuesday and, in it, CEO Bob Iger talked about the latest in the world of Star Wars. In regards to Star Wars Episode VII, he said they’re very excited about the story and “should be releasing more information as production moves forward in the coming year.” Which, if we’re being honest, doesn’t sound particularly encouraging.
Much more encouraging is the big news about Star Wars Rebels. In addition to the Disney XD show, Iger said there’s a movie and several shorts coming to the Disney Channel this summer. Read his quotes below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
With books, games, audio, movies, and TV, this edition of Star Wars Bits crosses all media. Below, read about the following:
- Is Benedict Cumberbatch out of the running for Star Wars Episode VII?
- Is Episode VII coming out at the same time across the globe?
- Disney announced a new mobile game called Star Wars: Assault Team.
- Bill Hader kills some Star Wars impressions on Conan.
- Star Wars vet Sam Witwer talks potentially being part of Star Wars Rebels.
- There’s a new presentation video for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Check out the cover to William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back.
- Lego Star Wars Microfighters is now available for iOS.
- Listen to an audio clip from Star Wars: Maul Lockdown.
Read More »
We’ve got Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Episode VII and super secrecy in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Chopper, a new droid from Star Wars Rebels, has been revealed.
- Dave Filoni talks setting, connections and visuals of Star Wars Rebels.
- J.J. Abrams‘ office gets completely covered in black when he’s writing Star Wars Episode VII.
- Abrams also thinks there will be “compromise” between keeping secrets and revealing stuff to fans.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Mark Hamill still won’t confirm his Star Wars Episode VII casting, but he doesn’t have to because Carrie Fisher has already done it for him. Also after the jump:
- Judi Dench is the latest actor hit with Episode VII rumors
- The Boba Fett spinoff may change a few things from Episode II
- Animation on the first episode of Star Wars Rebels is complete
- Disney doesn’t have the Star Wars 1313 trademark anymore
- Here’s how to win a trip Skywalker Ranch and help Make-A-Wish
Read More »
Posted on Sunday, January 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
We heard last month that Disney was expecting J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan to turn in a Star Wars Episode VII script in January, and it looks like they’ve met their deadline. Abrams confirmed at a recent event that the script was indeed complete, and that they were “deep” into pre-production.
Part of that process is finding some stars, of course. While Disney has yet to officially announce any new actors, Abrams verified a recent casting rumor that Jesse Plemons was up for a part — though he dismissed a lot of other casting reports as “a lot of noise.” Hit the jump for his comments on the script, Plemons, shooting in IMAX and on film, and more.
Read More »
How about some juicy Star Wars rumors for your weekend? These come from The Hollywood Reporter, who say much has changed with Star Wars Episode VII since original screenwriter Michael Arndt left the project last year. Reportedly Arndt wanted the film to focus on the offspring of the original trilogy characters (Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo) while director J.J. Abrams wanted Episode VII to focus on those characters, keeping the offspring in the background until Episode VIII and Episode IX.
Meanwhile, while this shake up was going on, Abrams continued to take meetings with all kinds of actors. Pretty much anyone that’s previously been reported (Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael B. Jordan, etc.) took a meeting as well as new names Michael Fassbender, Adam Driver and Hugo Weaving. Read More »
After playing eye-catching roles in Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad, you might have had a feeling that Jesse Plemons was ready to bust out in a big way. Now it seems that breakout potential could take him to a galaxy far, far away.
The Wrap reports the actor is being eyed for one of the major leads in J.J. Abrams‘ highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII. Plemons has not yet been cast but is in what the source believes to be the final stages of the casting process. He’s considered by insiders to be a leading contender. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
What a year 2013 has been for movie news. Fox, DC, and Marvel all dropped huge announcements about their respective comic book franchises, Lucasfilm passed the Star Wars mantle to J.J. Abrams, and Jurassic Park 4 finally picked up steam after years of false starts — all as the YA adaptations, Biblical epics, and live-action fairy tales continued to pile up.
But if you’re curious about the biggest things to come out of 2013, our list of the 15 most popular posts ought to help. As it happens, they also shed some light on you, our readers. Click the jump to see what the top posts of the year were, and what they may or may not tell us about all of you.
Read More »