Simon Pegg won’t appear in Star Wars Episode VII, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be part of the film in some other way. In a recent interview, Pegg continued to say what he’s always said about the film. He’s a huge fan, he’s friends with writer director J.J. Abrams, he’s visited the set, but him appearing would take people out of the movie. So he continues to say he won’t be on screen in Episode VII. But he also won’t, and hasn’t, said that he’s not in the movie at all, which is now leading to speculation the Shaun of the Dead actor might provide some kind of voice or performance capture where his face wouldn’t be an issue.
Follow the Simon Pegg Star Wars mystery below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Why is Star Wars Episode VII upsetting Irish bird conservationists? Find out after the jump. Plus:
- Dave Filoni talks Star Wars: Rebels and Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Check out the cover of a new novel featuring Asajj Ventress
- Hasbro unveils a bunch of new Star Wars toys and figures
- Benedict Cumberbatch maybe hints at Simon Pegg casting
- … but Simon Pegg himself isn’t saying anything either way
- Mark Hamill discusses his “contractually obligated beard”
Read More »
Lots and lots of awesome in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumor has it one of Marvel’s first Star Wars comics will be Princess Leia.
- Star Wars Battlefront could come out alongside Star Wars Episode VII.
- If John Boyega is a Stormtrooper in Episode VII, does he appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- The final page of the Shakespeare Return of the Jedi book is an Episode VII poem.
- Listen to Simon Pegg as C-3PO.
- Many Star Wars stars have returned home to the United States for the upcoming hiatus.
- The Robot Chicken team did a Star Wars Episode VII video
- Hot Toys is officially doing Star Wars toys.
- See the two new Hot Wheels Star Wars vehicles.
- Read a very interesting Star Wars survey.
Read More »
The first round of Star Wars casting was a male-centric lineup of talent, with only Carrie Fisher and newcomer Daisy Ridley balancing out the guys. But Star Wars Episode VII has added a few other women to the fold over the past few weeks: Lupita Nyong’o, Christina Chong, Crystal Clarke, and Gwendoline Christie have all signed on.
We don’t know much about the roles played by any of the women other than Fisher, but some really interesting new details have emerged about Gwendoline Christie’s possible role. We’ll keep all the spoilers after the jump, but fans of Christie’s Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth won’t be disappointed. Read More »
To promote the final week of the Star Wars: Force for Change campaign, director J.J. Abrams has released a video unveiling the Star Wars Episode 7 X-Wing. See the video now embedded after the jump to check out the Star Wars: Episode VII X-Wing design.
Read More »
Posted on Sunday, July 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Officially, the storyline of Star Wars Episode VII remains shrouded in mystery. J.J. Abrams isn’t saying much, and neither are his cast and crew. Unofficially, however, we may have our first taste of some concrete Star Wars Episode VII plot details today.
A rumored plot summary has been making its way around the web, and if accurate it has tons of juicy info. It lays out whom certain actors are playing, how some of the returning characters figure into the story, what the general scope of the film is, and more. Hit the jump to get the dirt.
Read More »
From the schools, to the shelves and courts of Chicago, this edition of Star Wars Bits is as eclectic as ever. Below, read about the following:
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s Star Wars Episode VII tweets get super excited.
- Has Ridley’s Episode VII character name been revealed?
- Sideshow Collectibles announces some new Star Wars figures
- Play Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid right now.
- Star Wars comes to schools in new Star Wars Workbooks.
- Images of a whole new line of Star Wars and Star Wars Rebels toys have been revealed.
- Read Dave Fioni‘s introduction to The Star Wars Rebels Visual Guide.
- A Clone Wars character appears in a new Star Wars book.
- The Lucas Cultural Museum might face some opposition in Chicago.
- Marvel’s original Star Wars comics are getting reprinted in a huge book.
- Watch From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: We don’t know who she’s playing but a new actress has reportedly joined the cast of Star Wars Episode VII. It’s Christina Chong, an up and comer who was on 24: Live Another Day with another Episode VII actor, John Boyega. Read More »