What you’ve got to love about Twitter are the windows it opens. The way a single tweet can just set your imagination on fire with possibility. Monday night, that happened twice. First as a joke, and then as a photo.
The photo featured Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams with his two co-stars, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. It made you dream about the conversations being held between these three. Then, in the background, was someone else. Another famous director who, earlier that evening, made you wish if you could be one place in the world last night, it was with him. Edgar Wright tweeted that he too was hanging out with Abrams. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Last week saw a motherload of Star Wars rumors, spoilers and discussion hitting the internet. Things have cooled down considerably over the weekend, but there’s still lots going on. Below, read about the following.
- Are the Star Wars board games affected by Star Wars Episode VII?
- The same old rumor of the original Star Wars Trilogy coming to Blu-ray is back.
- Check out a fan rendering of a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper and some new rumors.
- Read an interview with Adam Driver about starring in Episode VII, his schedule and Harrison Ford‘s injuries.
- A new photo of Tatooine from Star Wars Episode VII has leaked, as well as photos inside the Millennium Falcon.
- Read a possible description of a Daisy Ridley outfit in the film.
- See the cover for the Star Wars Rebels mini-movie, Spark of Rebellion, and watch a new Chopper video.
- John Boyega meets Samuel L. Jackson, Jackson calls him a Jedi.
- See a bunch of new creatures and ships from Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch the panel for the book Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- More Star Wars Episode VII rumors including the Luke Skywalker timeline.
Read More »
There aren’t many things everyone agrees on when it comes to J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. One of those, however, is that Han Solo is the star of the film. Exactly how Harrison Ford‘s iconic scoundrel plays into the story is much more murky, though. Is he a mentor figure to some of the newer characters? Does he lead the adventure on his own? Will he make it to the next film? We’ve heard rumors about all of that and today we’ve got a few more. One has to deal with different looks the character will have in the film, and the second is so crazy, it might just be true. Below, read the latest Han Solo Star Wars 7 rumors. Read More »
Rumors surrounding the villains of Star Wars Episode VII have been running rampant since before the cast was announced. Could Han Solo and Princess Leia’s kid become a Sith, much like in the Expanded Universe? Would Luke Skywalker himself turn to the dark side? When the cast was announced, we examined the photo trying to guess who the bad guy would be. Oscar Isaac? Adam Driver? We don’t know.
And honestly, we still don’t know for sure. But proven Star Wars scooper Latino Review has dropped a bomb of potential information about the Star Wars 7 villains. It’s a massive spoiler, that builds into a few other even bigger spoilers in regards to the plot, so beware. Read More »
In Star Wars, you can mark the passing of time through Stormtroopers. Before the Empire existed, Stormtroopers weren’t around. As war escalated, clones filled the role and fought for the Republic. Eventually, those white-suited soldiers began fighting for the Empire once the Republic fell. Then Ewoks used their heads as drums.
Which brings us to Star Wars Episode VII. We have very little idea exactly where there galaxy stands after the destruction of the second Death Star. All we know is that 30 years have passed. Much can happen in 30 years, and it seems whatever role the Stormtroopers now fill, they look different. A few photos hit the net earlier this week that may (or may not) show how the Star Wars 7 Stormtroopers look. Check out the pics below and discuss. Read More »
Just like in the beginning of Return of the Jedi, it took a while, but Han Solo is ready to go again. Harrison Ford‘s leg injury appears to be almost fully healed and after a two week hiatus, Star Wars Episode VII will resume shooting later this month. Read more about the Star Wars 7 filming schedule below. Read More »
Some very interesting Star Wars Rebels news combines with some fun, and potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII news. In this edition of Star Wars Bits, read about the following:
- Looper and Brick star Joseph Gordon-Levitt geeks out over Rian Johnson directing Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Screenwriter Gary Whitta posts a familiar phrase.
- Toys R Us posted an interesting behind the scenes Star Wars Rebels video.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are back.
- Domnhall Gleeson reveals the one thing Star Wars Episode VII stars are allowed to say about the filming.
- An artist reveals what a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper might look like
- WWE wrestler Sheamus was on the same island as Star Wars Episode VII.
- Darth Vader is likely in Star Wars Rebels.
- An apparently Star Wars braintrust meeting is taking place in London soon.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Several months ago, J.J. Abrams kicked off Star Wars: Force For Change, an initiative to raise money for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) with the prize being a trip to the set of Star Wars Episode VII. The first video revealed a brand new creature from the world. A second video revealed the new X-Wing fighter. And now, Abrams revealed the results of the initiative and winner’s name with another excitingly cryptic photo. Is it a Episode 7 droid hand? Or perhaps Luke Skywalker’s robot hand? Check it out and read more about the Force for Change winner below. Read More »