Right now as you read this, super lucky people are looking at images from Star Wars Episode VII. Within the next year, we’ll all have a chance to see them as well but at the moment, J.J. Abrams and everyone involved is keeping everything incredibly secret. But the images are out there and some sites are providing us with the best possible alternative to seeing them ourselves: describing them.
Below, read the potential descriptions of seven different scenes and concepts from Star Wars Episode VII including a few that take place in a forest. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions is coming to Blu-ray, see the cover art, find out information about the release and when to expect it.
- What can we expect from the Jedi in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Joel Edgerton is interested in returning as Uncle Owen if they actually make a rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.
- The third installment of an in-depth interview with Star Wars Rebels producer Simon Kinberg.
- Simon Pegg‘s observation on the generational gap of the Star Wars trilogies thus far.
- An early preview of 16 new Star Wars LEGO sets
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII speculation, scenes, and cold, hard Star Wars Rebels facts highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII star Pip Andersen made a visit to Andy Serkis‘ Imaginarium Studios.
- Star Wars Rebels premiered Friday to 6.5 million viewers and is coming to New York Comic-Con.
- Star Wars in Concert might be returning.
- Simon Kinberg analyzed every moment of Star Wars Rebels for StarWars.com
- Read a possible description of a hanger space in Star Wars Episode VII as well as a lightsaber showdown.
- ABC will air an episode of Star Wars Rebels on October 26 with a new scene.
- Read an excerpt from James Luceno‘s Star Wars novel Tarkin.
- Watch a video of the Director of Music and Scoring at Skywalker Sound.
Read More »
A new photo from the set of Star Wars Episode VII has been released. Well, more accurately, a pic has emerged from inside the production offices at Pinewood Studios outside London. It’s the same image Kevin Smith described when he talked about his trip to the set; this time the actual image was posted by Frank Marshall, the film producer and husband of Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm. It’s a Star Wars themed poster warning people who visit the set about what they can and can’t say. See the Star Wars 7 poster here. Read More »
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s no end to the amount of rumors and speculation surrounding Star Wars Episode VII. Like, literally no end. The second we read, analyze, and write about one, another two pop up in its place. This is how things are going to go until J.J. Abrams and friends gives us some actual fat to chew on in the form of real information. Who are the actors playing? What’s the most absolutely basic plot description? What’s the title? Any of that would change the conversation immediately.
For now, without any of that, we continue to feed on bits and pieces. Scraps of information presented in digestible form from all over the internet. Today’s example are several rumored scenes and tidbits regarding the reveal of a lightsaber, a new droid and a reference to Empire Strikes Back. To reveal more would be considered a spoiler, so read about the rumored Star Wars Episode 7 spoilers below. Read More »
We love getting excited about movies. And part of that involves reading all the rumors and gossip behind the projects we’re looking forward to. We post about what we’re interested in. We have a lot of Star Wars posts on the site because some of us are very excited about the project and like speculating about the latest rumors and details.
We often post rumors and information that could be considered possible spoilers. We are very careful about giving readers proper spoiler warnings, leaving all the spoilerish details out of the headlines and below the jump.
We love movies and we don’t want to ruin them for anyone.
This may surprise some of you, but we don’t post everything — there is lot of information we avoid in our coverage because we don’t want to completely spoil a big reveal or twist. Of course, its sometimes difficult to know if a rumor or plot tidbit is a big reveal — we try to assess every piece of information individually as it comes up to the best of our abilities and through the context of the information we have at hand.
A massive amount of Star Wars Episode VII rumors have leaked this week, and we have and will continue to cover them (again, on a case by case basis). But one potentially huge spoiler was posted on the Star Wars fan blogs last night that we won’t touch.
I mention this because I want you to know its out there. I’ve already seen a bunch of sites pick it up and I suspect that many sites will pick up the information in the coming days.
I would urge other sites not to post this one. Don’t be a dick. Think about what you’re posting and if you think its worth posting, please consider how you present it — Be considerate to those who might not want to know this kind of information.
Some headlines could be too revealing, and you might even see some people talking about it on social media. Please count this as your spoiler warning. I’m not sure if this new bit of information is real, but if it is, it should be considered the biggest of possible spoilers.
I’m not spoilerphobic at all. I believe you will still enjoy a movie even if you know everything that is going to happen. I have watched Back to the Future hundreds of times and still enjoy it each time. You read the Lord of the Rings books and knew everything that was going to happen, but they’re still some of your favorite movies, right? To me, surprises are usually gimmicks. I believe if the enjoyment of a movie hinges solely on a surprise then the movie probably doesn’t have a good enough story. All of that said, this new rumor is a potentially huge spoiler, of the “end of the movie” kind, and I wish I didn’t know about this one.
You have been warned, so now you know to avoid it.
For those of you who want to read the latest rumors and speculation, I hope you can continue to consider /Film a safe site to do that without fear of encountering spoilers like this one.
A day without Star Wars rumors is like a day without sunshine. Earlier today, we ran a few of the latest and like any good virus, a bunch of others have sprouted up around them. The most interesting has to do with the the home of Daisy Ridley‘s character, referred to on set as Kira. Multiple sources confirm not only where she lives, what she lives inside, and it’s probably a good size spoiler.
The second has to do with the role played by Max Von Sydow. We know he’s cast in the movie, but we haven’t heard much about who he’s playing outside of speculation. A new report has an idea, and it’s not at all what anyone guessed. Read more about the latest Star Wars 7 rumors below. Read More »
Trying to figure out the plot to Star Wars Episode VII is like putting together a messed up puzzle. There’s no guide, people are forging pieces, and we don’t know what connects to what. Even pieces we think are correct could potentially be total crap. We won’t have a real idea until we learn the title and see some footage, both of which are likely several months away.
Still, the impossible construction of the secretive plot is fun and today two new rumors enter the mix. One details a potential early scene in the film and a second calls into question several plot points we’ve pretty much accepted as fact. Read both the new Star Wars 7 rumors below. Read More »