The Star Wars Twitter has revealed the official title of Star Wars Episode VII. It’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There’s no “Episode VII” in this title treatment, but that doesn’t mean the naming convention is gone. (You don’t call it “Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back” right?) So for right now, the film is Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Directed by J.J. Abrams, the film stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker. It opens December 18, 2015. Read more about The Force Awakens below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Today’s Star Wars Bits is short, but sweet and loaded with potential spoilers. If they’re true. Some very intriguing rumors have surfaced including:
- Learn more about the role of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read a possible description of a key droid in Episode VII.
- We may have an idea of the sequence of events shot in Abu Dhabi.
- Two potential outfits for Daisy Ridley‘s character are described.
Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII officially finished filming over the weekend. We know this both because of the note J.J. Abrams gave to crew members, and the photos and videos that appeared online from what looked to be a massive after-party. Among the attendees at the party was everyone’s favorite astromech droid, R2-D2.
R2 was the first official cast member revealed from the film so it’s kind of fitting he’s also the first we get to see in all his Episode VII glory. Now, don’t expect some massive spoiler or surprise here. It’s just R2-D2, but this is definitely an R2-D2 that’s seen another few decades of action. Check out the Star Wars 7 R2D2 below. Read More »
Anthony Daniels, the actor who has played the famous droid C3-PO in all of the Star Wars movies including the upcoming seventh film, took to twitter to make a bold claim. Could JJ Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII end up being the best movie sequel ever made, even better than Empire Strikes Back? Hit the jump to see Daniels comments.
Read More »
Back on May 19th 2014 we shared with you a photo of JJ Abrams’ note to the cast and crew of Star Wars Episode VII. Well now that filming is wrapping up, JJ and the other producers have sent out a slightly less personal (that is: not handwritten) note to the cast and crew on their final day of work. See that note, after the jump.
Read More »
We’ve known for a long time that director JJ Abrams and cinematographer Daniel Mindel are shooting Star Wars Episode VII on 35mm film. Over the summer we learned something else: at least some portion of the film was shot on IMAX cameras. The photo that confirmed that data (above) showed an IMAX film camera, not one of the new digital systems used by Michael Bay on Transformers: Age of Extinction. So we know that the production is sticking with film.
Now we have a bit more info on the particulars of the Star Wars Episode VII IMAX shoot. As it turns out, there might be only one big IMAX sequence. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lots of rumored concept art is described in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Is Maisie Richardson-Sellers actually in Star Wars Episode VII?
- The Episode VII filming on Skellig Michael was reportedly scaled down.
- Learn more about Han Solo‘s primary outfit in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read rumored descriptions of several possible new ships in Episode VII.
- More potential details about a major spoiler scene are described.
Read More »