We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back has been voted the greatest movie of all time in a poll conducted by the British film publication Empire Magazine. More than 250,000 film fans voted in this latest poll, resulting in a list of the 301 greatest movies of all time. When the poll was last conducted six years ago in 2008 with 10,200 voters, The Godfather took the top honors. This year the Star Wars sequel displaced the Francis Ford Coppola adaptation for the top spot. Who else did Empire Strikes Back beat for the top slot? How has the list changed in the last six years? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
As a geek, it’s hard to watch anything snow based and not think of the Hoth battle in The Empire Strikes Back. So with the Winter Olympics currently in full swing, one of our own took that juxtaposition and created a super-funny video. It’s quick and blends Star Wars with sports. What could be better? Read More »
Thursday brought some very interesting, official news on the Star Wars front, but it’s far from all that’s out there. In this edition of Star Wars Bits we’ve got even more official information – mostly about books – and some cool non-official stuff too. After the jump, read about the following.
- A new article details script issues that happened on The Empire Strikes Back similar to what’s now happening on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Learn about the eBook enhanced versions of J.W. Rinzler‘s Making of Star Wars books.
- Watch trailers for Star Wars: Frames and Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter’s Code.
- Check out the latest Return of the Jedi poster by Acme Archives.
- A 7 foot Star Wars fans fights for a chance to audition for Episode VII.
Read More »
Before you assume that everyone’s favorite Star Wars movie is The Empire Strikes Back, talk to Joss Whedon. The writer/director has long been on the record as saying that, while he likes and respects Empire, he thinks A New Hope is the superior film. “I still believe that even though The Empire Strikes Back is better in innumerable ways than Star Wars, Star Wars wins because you can’t end a movie with Han frozen in Carbonite,” Whedon said in the past. “That’s not a movie, it’s an episode.”
In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, the Avengers: Age of Ultron director explained a bit more of his disappointment in what most people agree is the best Star Wars movie. Read More »
This week I talked to the great people at the Writers Guild Foundation Archive about giving us access to something unprecedented from Star Wars history. Screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan donated his original handwritten first draft of The Empire Strikes Back. The WGA West archive has the only copy in existence, other than the original, in addition to later drafts with notes by Kasdan himself. After the jump you’ll see a series of pages that the WGA West has given us exclusive access to premiere in celebration of the “May the Fourth” celebration. So enjoy, and may the fourth be with you!
Read More »
Bounty hunters, giant worms and the biggest reveal in movie history. Artist Dave Perillo strikes back with his second Star Wars poster. Back in February, the artist released an awesome poster for Star Wars and now he’s completed the sequel, The Empire Strikes Back. Acme Archives is releasing the 12 x 36 inch silkscreen in an edition of 250 on April 19. It’s comprised of all your favorite scenes from what’s widely considered the best of the six Star Wars films. Check it out, exclusively, below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Carrie Fisher gets ready to star in another Star Wars movie, while George Lucas considers the exciting world of museum curating. Also after the jump:
- Billy Dee Williams wants in on Episode VII
- … as does Darth Vader voice James Earl Jones
- Obama doesn’t know Star Wars from Star Trek
- Disney delays the Star Wars 1313 video game
- See a trailer for the Boba Fett pinball table
- Watch part of a doc about Empire Strikes Back
- What if Michael Haneke directed Star Wars?
Read More »