Back on May 19th 2014 we shared with you a photo of JJ Abrams’ note to the cast and crew of Star Wars Episode VII. Well now that filming is wrapping up, JJ and the other producers have sent out a slightly less personal (that is: not handwritten) note to the cast and crew on their final day of work. See that note, after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of rumored concept art is described in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Is Maisie Richardson-Sellers actually in Star Wars Episode VII?
- The Episode VII filming on Skellig Michael was reportedly scaled down.
- Learn more about Han Solo‘s primary outfit in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read rumored descriptions of several possible new ships in Episode VII.
- More potential details about a major spoiler scene are described.
Read More »
Dive deep into Star Wars Rebels, see a potentially massive Episode VII spoiler and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible new photo of a villain in Star Wars Episode VII has been revealed.
- Watch Darth Vader‘s cameo on Star Wars Rebels.
- Dave Filoni talks Monday’s Star Wars Rebels twist.
- New rumors about voice actors and the possible direction of Star Wars Rebels have surfaced.
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about visiting the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and does a Jar Jar impression.
- Two upcoming Star Wars novels get new release dates.
- Listen to an audio excerpt from Star Wars: Tarkin.
Read More »
Interstellar, Inherent Vice, Guardians of the Galaxy… as excited as I was for all those films coming into 2014, the thing I’m still most looking forward to is the Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer. The problem is, with the film hitting in December 2015, the odds of that trailer coming out this year seem really slim. Some new buzz is circling the Internet, however, that not only says that director J.J. Abrams has already cut a trailer, but that John Williams is writing music for it, and it’ll be out at some point before the end of the year. Is that possible? Below, we’ll present the rumor and break it down. Read More »
A man walks in the woods and sees a scene from Star Wars Episode VII. Fact or fiction? Read about it, and the stories below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumored descriptions of vehicles in Star Wars Episode VII.
- A man walking near Pinewood Studios said he heard and saw J.J. Abrams filming a scene.
- Daniel Radcliffe visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch the official sneak of Darth Vader‘s Star Wars Rebels cameo.
- Listen to Dave Filoni talks Star Wars Rebels for 15 minutes.
- Read some excerpts from Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno.
- A Star Wars helmet showed up on Antiques Roadshow.
- See the Skywalker cameo in Star Wars Rebels.
- What happened to the Tie Fighter In Star Wars Rebels “Fighter Flight?”
Read More »
A new piece of Star Wars news hit today, straight from the official YouTube page. The channel posted a funny video featuring long-time Star Wars actor Warwick Davis discussing whether or not he will be appearing in Star Wars Episode VII. Spoiler alert: he will. Watch the video and more below. Read More »
Right now as you read this, super lucky people are looking at images from Star Wars Episode VII. Within the next year, we’ll all have a chance to see them as well but at the moment, J.J. Abrams and everyone involved is keeping everything incredibly secret. But the images are out there and some sites are providing us with the best possible alternative to seeing them ourselves: describing them.
Below, read the potential descriptions of seven different scenes and concepts from Star Wars Episode VII including a few that take place in a forest. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions is coming to Blu-ray, see the cover art, find out information about the release and when to expect it.
- What can we expect from the Jedi in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Joel Edgerton is interested in returning as Uncle Owen if they actually make a rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.
- The third installment of an in-depth interview with Star Wars Rebels producer Simon Kinberg.
- Simon Pegg‘s observation on the generational gap of the Star Wars trilogies thus far.
- An early preview of 16 new Star Wars LEGO sets
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
There’s no end to the amount of rumors and speculation surrounding Star Wars Episode VII. Like, literally no end. The second we read, analyze, and write about one, another two pop up in its place. This is how things are going to go until J.J. Abrams and friends gives us some actual fat to chew on in the form of real information. Who are the actors playing? What’s the most absolutely basic plot description? What’s the title? Any of that would change the conversation immediately.
For now, without any of that, we continue to feed on bits and pieces. Scraps of information presented in digestible form from all over the internet. Today’s example are several rumored scenes and tidbits regarding the reveal of a lightsaber, a new droid and a reference to Empire Strikes Back. To reveal more would be considered a spoiler, so read about the rumored Star Wars Episode 7 spoilers below. Read More »
We love getting excited about movies. And part of that involves reading all the rumors and gossip behind the projects we’re looking forward to. We post about what we’re interested in. We have a lot of Star Wars posts on the site because some of us are very excited about the project and like speculating about the latest rumors and details.
We often post rumors and information that could be considered possible spoilers. We are very careful about giving readers proper spoiler warnings, leaving all the spoilerish details out of the headlines and below the jump.
We love movies and we don’t want to ruin them for anyone.
This may surprise some of you, but we don’t post everything — there is lot of information we avoid in our coverage because we don’t want to completely spoil a big reveal or twist. Of course, its sometimes difficult to know if a rumor or plot tidbit is a big reveal — we try to assess every piece of information individually as it comes up to the best of our abilities and through the context of the information we have at hand.
A massive amount of Star Wars Episode VII rumors have leaked this week, and we have and will continue to cover them (again, on a case by case basis). But one potentially huge spoiler was posted on the Star Wars fan blogs last night that we won’t touch.
I mention this because I want you to know its out there. I’ve already seen a bunch of sites pick it up and I suspect that many sites will pick up the information in the coming days.
I would urge other sites not to post this one. Don’t be a dick. Think about what you’re posting and if you think its worth posting, please consider how you present it — Be considerate to those who might not want to know this kind of information.
Some headlines could be too revealing, and you might even see some people talking about it on social media. Please count this as your spoiler warning. I’m not sure if this new bit of information is real, but if it is, it should be considered the biggest of possible spoilers.
I’m not spoilerphobic at all. I believe you will still enjoy a movie even if you know everything that is going to happen. I have watched Back to the Future hundreds of times and still enjoy it each time. You read the Lord of the Rings books and knew everything that was going to happen, but they’re still some of your favorite movies, right? To me, surprises are usually gimmicks. I believe if the enjoyment of a movie hinges solely on a surprise then the movie probably doesn’t have a good enough story. All of that said, this new rumor is a potentially huge spoiler, of the “end of the movie” kind, and I wish I didn’t know about this one.
You have been warned, so now you know to avoid it.
For those of you who want to read the latest rumors and speculation, I hope you can continue to consider /Film a safe site to do that without fear of encountering spoilers like this one.