Posted on Friday, June 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
UPDATE from Germain: A few hours after this rumor about Simon Pegg appearing in Star Wars Episode VII broke, the actor took to Twitter to say “I think this might be why everyone got a little bit confused” with a link to the upcoming Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars special. He IS a part of that project so while that’s not a denial, it’s pretty close. Plus, we’d heard rumblings Pegg merely visited the set because he is both a huge Star Wars nerd and friends with writer/director J.J. Abrams. And so the rumor began.
Pegg also spoke to Sky Movies in the UK about Abrams and his approach to the film. In the clip, it sounds like he has an intimate knowledge of what the director is doing but it doesn’t sound like he’s in the movie. So, below, see that new video and read our original story. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
In response to all the leaked photos from the set of Star Wars Episode VII, writer and director J.J. Abrams used the Bad Robot Twitter account to send a note to fans. It says “I wish people would stop leaking photos from Episode VII and making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in the movie.” But the background behind the note makes the text very funny. Check it out below. Read More »
It figures it would come to this. TMZ is now the leading Star Wars spy in the world. One day after releasing some very interesting photos from the Abu Dhabi set, the gossip website has come upon twenty new photos taken inside J.J. Abrams‘ secret soundstages. Inside those buildings a few massive sets are under construction, including what’s unmistakably the Millennium Falcon and an X-Wing Fighter. There are also new looks at the alien revealed earlier this week.
Check out the latest Star Wars 7 set photos below. Read More »
When the first photo posted of the initial grouping of cast members for Star Wars: Episode VII, some critics quickly jumped on the film for only adding one new female role. Those who were paying any attention, however, saw that the leaked Star Wars casting breakdowns featured multiple roles for women. The trade papers did their homework, and hours later reported that two more female roles were yet to be cast. Today those actresses were announced. (You can read about that here.)
With so much negative second-guessing and uninformed ranting about a story and characters we don’t even know anything about yet, I thought I’d point out something positive.
Read More »
How highly-anticipated is Star Wars Episode VII? Celebrity gossip website TMZ is searching for answers. The site acquired around 40 Star Wars 7 set photos from the recent Abu Dhabi shoot (filming has since moved to stages in London), and in them you’ll see some massive new creatures, pieces of new vehicles, and dozens of different extras. There are definitely some spoilers here, but it’s pretty exciting stuff. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII is filming and you can see the stars on set, find out about the shoot, read about rumors, buy posters and so much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch Harrison Ford talk about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Young musicians The Healer Twins filmed a small scene in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are filming in the Abu Dhabi desert, watch them travel to set.
- Read a story about how Episode VII ended up in Abu Dhabi.
- You can win some super limited edition Star Wars Episode VII merchandise.
- Speculate about the potential Obi-Wan granddaughter role.
- Drew Struzan addresses the rumors of him doing the Episode VII poster.
- Potential Episode VII characters have been spotted in Iceland.
- Marvel’s Star Wars comics could be coming later this year.
- See new Star Wars posters from Mark Englert and Mark Hamill’s son, Nathan Hamill.
- UCB is hosting The Star Wars Expanded Universe Funeral Celebration.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, May 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
As the Star Wars: Episode VII cast continues to come together, J.J. Abrams is looking to pull one diehard fan onscreen to join them. The director has issued a special video message announcing a contest with a walk-on role as the big prize.
The fact that the campaign also benefits UNICEF is just the icing on the cake. Hit the jump to watch the video — which also happens to be our first look at the Abu Dhabi set — and find out how you can enter the Star Wars: Episode VII contest.
Read More »