“Secrecy” is the word of the day in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, find out how two different stars are handling it, and learn hints of several things shrouded in secrecy, as well as the following:
- The animated series Star Wars Detours might come out later this year.
- The Star Wars Rebels finale is a “home run.”
- Domhnall Gleeson talks Star Wars: The Force Awakens secrecy.
- The cast of Girls has tried to make Adam Driver spill Force Awakens secrets.
- Read the first few pages of Marvel’s Star Wars #1.
- So, exactly how do you pronounce “Poe Dameron?”
- See an official, Japanese Star Wars banner.
- “Tri-Wing Fighter” concept art from The Force Awakens described.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The big theater convention CinemaCon brought no new news for Star Wars Episode VII. However, there’s still news to be found. In this edition of Star Wars Bits, read about the following:
- Mark Hamill will appear at Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- Star Wars Detours may still see the light of day.
- Check out the trailer for Star Wars: Assault Team.
- Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew, teases a potential new project.
- Han Solo gets his own board in Star Wars Pinball.
- Star Wars Episode VII will reportedly shoot plates in Iceland.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 by Angie Han
As with anything Star Wars related, the rumors are flying fast and heavy about Star Wars: Rebels. This time, they’re about who might score the TV series, with names like Michael Giacchino, J.J. Abrams, and John Williams being bandied about. Also after the jump:
- Seth Green explains what’s happening with Star Wars: Detours
- Peek at a viral recruitment site for Sienar Fleet Systems
- Peruse some pages from The Making of Return of the Jedi
- Scope out a new Star Wars exhibit at The Tech in San Jose
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
If Star Wars Angry Birds wasn’t nearly evil enough for you, there’s good news: The sequel will allow you to join the Dark Side. Oh, I’m sorry, I meant the Pork Side. Which seems like kind of a cannibal-y thing for them to call themselves, but what do I know? I’m not an evil egg-stealing pig. Also after the jump:
- Peek at some art from the Phineas & Ferb Star Wars special
- Seth Green explains what’s going on with Star Wars Detours
- Did NASA find a frozen Han Solo on the surface of Mercury?
- Michael Giacchino reinterprets “The Imperial March”
Read More »
As J.J. Abrams and crew are hard at work on Star Wars Episode VII, the rest of the Lucasfilm team has decided to completely rethink their animated division. The biggest news is a new Star Wars animated series is in the works “set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming.”
In addition, The Clone Wars will begin to “wind down” with a few final story lines and the controversial comedy series Detours has been postponed. Read more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Take everything you know about Star Wars, ball it up and throw it in the trash. Darth Vader was never mean; he was a rapper. Obi-Wan Kenobi was never stoic; he did stand-up comedy. Han Solo was never a scoundrel; he was a dancer. The Emperor was never evil; he was a chick magnet. Confused? You will be. You. Will. Be.
Star Wars: Detours is an upcoming animated comedy, created by Seth Green and Matt Senreich of Robot Chicken fame, featuring all your favorite Star Wars characters in situations so totally out of character and tone for the series, it makes the Prequels look good. A trailer has just come online featuring bad references, kiddie humor and the kind of bastardizing, canon-crushing images that’ll make you bow down to the Prequels for their wit, logic and flawless, Star Wars storytelling. It’s this generation’s Star Wars Christmas Special. If you dare, watch it after the jump. Read More »