One, maybe two, Star Wars actresses walking the Oscar red carpet highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones and Lupita Nyong’o talk Star Wars from the red carpet of the Oscars.
- Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew lead the latest group of Star Wars Celebration attendees.
- See a trailer for Wookie the Chew, a Winnie the Pooh/Star Wars mash-up.
- Check out a massive custom Lego of the Sarlaac Pit.
- There could be new Star Wars: The Clone Wars content coming.
- Some new, potentially massive spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are online.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
A major question may have been answered and a major amount of art is featured in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about:
- Mark Hamill offers a cryptic tease of Luke Skywalker’s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- There’s a real lack of female characters made as Hasbro Star Wars toys.
- Check out a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #3.
- Greg Grunberg talks about working on, and the secrecy surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a bunch of exclusive art that will be available at Star Wars Celebration.
- Has Rey’s speeder already made it into the world of Star Wars?
- A large batch of rumors, some new some old, have been posted online.
Read More »
For months, everyone’s been hypothesizing that the next trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was going to debut at Star Wars Celebration (before hitting theaters and online). Well, Lucasfilm just announced that the film’s co-writer and director, J.J. Abrams will kick off the event with producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy “in a big way” on April 16. I think we all know what that means. Read more below. Read More »
When an installment of Star Wars Bits contains possible Force Awakens spoilers and love connections, you know it’s going to be good. Below, read about the following:
- Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars standalone could have lots of location shooting.
- Actress Leanne Best has reportedly been revealed as a cast member of The Force Awakens.
- Artist Robert Bailey posts some beautiful Force Awakens images.
- Watch Dave Filoni, Henry Gilroy and Kilian Plunkett talk Rebels, Clone Wars and Star Wars #1.
- There will be at least seven new Lego sets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus news on other sets.
- Marvel may, in the future, do Star Wars stories during the prequel era.
- Several old Star Wars games are now available digitally for the first time.
- Star Wars: A New Hope will screen in Navajo at Star Wars Celebration.
- Star Wars speed dating. Yes, you read that right.
- Read what may be a massive spoiler from The Force Awakens.
Read More »
This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets closer and closer in this edition of Star Wars Bits, where you can read about the following:
- Star Wars Celebration will feature the first ever 3D screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- They will also screen the Original Trilogy on the big screen.
- Andy Serkis has high praise for J.J. Abrams and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a piece of concept art from The Force Awakens of a new TIE Fighter.
- A list of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys is vague, but packed with cool tidbits.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will NOT be show at Toy Fair.
- Aaron Paul responds to the rumor of his inclusion in a Star Wars standalone movie.
- See the cover of Star Wars #2.
- Read fan letters from the original Star Wars comics.
Read More »
I have to say, this is a particularly good edition of Star Wars Bits. Dare I say, it’s a must read. Let’s get right to it. Below, read about the following:
- Watch how Ben Burtt created the sound for the Millennium Falcon hyperdrive failure.
- Star Wars Rebels Season 2 will debut at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
- Sunday afternoon, Disney XD will air a video revealing new secrets of The Force Awakens trailer.
- A Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster could be coming next week.
- And while you wait, see some really awesome new Force Awakens fan art.
- Disney’s ride Star Tours: The Adventures Continue could get A Force Awakens upgrade.
- An interesting piece of speculation about Luke Skywalker’s purpose in The Force Awakens.
- Do the Force Awakens Topps card number match with the old Topps Star Wars cards?
- What do the Star Wars: The Force Awakens names actually mean?
Read More »
Several updates on Celebration, Rebels and Lucasfilm are here along with some awesome rumors about The Force Awakens. Below, read about the following:
- Some new rumors have surfaced about the identity of Lupita Nyong’o‘s character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and a new location.
- Has one single line leaked from the script of The Force Awakens?
- Read a great article on the crazy security measures surrounding the production of The Force Awakens.
- Lucasfilm is hiring people to work in both physical and digital effects.
- See a limited edition figure of the Christmas special Boba Fett.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim and read about the art show.
- Who is the mysterious Fulcrum on Star Wars Rebels?
- Star Wars Rebels will go on a holiday break returning in 2015.
- One site breaks down several of the rumors about the ending of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Star Wars fans have two dates circled on their 2015 calendar. Of course, there’s December 18, when Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters. Then there’s April 16, when Star Wars Celebration comes to Anaheim, CA.
Celebration is basically Comic-Con but only for Star Wars stuff, with plenty of vendors, panels and opportunities for fans to talk to and engage with the people who make Star Wars, Star Wars. This year, everyone assumes there will be some huge revelations and presentations about The Force Awakens. That remains unconfirmed, but Lucasfilm wants to remind fans the event is coming and released a super cool poster to do so. Check out the Star Wars Celebration poster and read more about the event below. Read More »