In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following tidbits:
- Mark Hamill possibly hints that The Force Awakens could have a huge Empire Strikes Back twist.
- Adam Driver doesn’t think Kylo Ren is evil, says he feels he’s “morally justified.”
- C-3PO’s Force Awakens prequel comic has been pushed back from December 2015 to February 2016.
- Mark Hamill talks about how The Force Awakens will be different from A New Hope.
- Star Wars Celebration Europe is SOLD OUT.
- Video of the Millennium Falcon experience on the Disney Dream cruise ship.
- First Order Stormtroopers are now patrolling Disneyland.
- Star Wars Battlefront sequels in development?
All that and more, in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace to find out more.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Okay, so I know we might be in Star Wars news overload right now with Entertainment Weekly yesterday releasing new Force Awakens photos, details on the film’s villain Kylo Ren, details on why JJ Abrams wanted to direct Episode 7 and talk of mapping out the new Star Wars trilogy of films. But the Star Wars bits must march on. Here is what you can find it today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Details about the upcoming Star Wars: Rise of the Empire anthology of novels, which includes three new short stories.
- Star Wars: Rogue One is set to shoot on location at Pymmes Park, Edmonton, London
- Star Wars: Art Awakens competition and art show announced for November at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles.
- Rumors that a new Star Wars ride could be coming to Tomorrowland in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- ILM shows off their Star Wars virtual Reality experience at Siggraph.
- How we will be handling coverage of Star Wars toys in the future.
- Watch an official Disney unboxing of the Star Wars Disney Infinity starter box.
- Hotel Reservations for Star Wars Celebration Europe.
- And a first look at the first piece, a mini metal prints from Gallery1988’s Star Wars: Art Awakens and artists Mark Englert and DKNG.
All that and more, in today’s Star Wars Bits!
Read More »
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere, The Siege of Lothal, will premiere on June 20. And you do not want to miss it. In an instant, the stakes on the Disney XD show are shot through the roof. However, when I spoke with the show’s executive producer Dave Filoni at Star Wars Celebration, I didn’t yet know that. We had just seen the epic season 2 trailer and I knew the notoriously cagey producer wasn’t going to spoil anything. So, instead, I looked ahead to season to and back to season 1. What did I want to know as a Star Wars fan after watching that amazing series and that awesome trailer?
In our interview, Filoni talks about the shadow Darth Vader will have over the upcoming season of the show. He talks about the weight of holding back secrets, Ezra’s lightsaber, as well as how the Rebellion will develop this season and the reintroduction of some iconic ships. Below, read our full season 2 Dave Filoni Star Wars Rebels interview from Star Wars Celebration. Read More »
If only I could’ve talked to Simon Kinberg two hours after I talked to him at Star Wars Celebration. I would have seen the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels which answered many of the questions I asked. Even better, if I could’ve talked to him two weeks later, I could have asked the show’s executive producer about his Fantastic Four director, Josh Trank, leaving the Star Wars universe. Alas, neither of those things happened.
What did happen was a quick, 1:1 chat minutes after seeing the Star Wars Rebels season 2 trailer at Celebration which raised a whole bunch of questions about the second season of the hit show. Basically, if you weren’t at Celebration and only watched the trailer for Rebels Season 2, this is the perfect interview for you. Even if you were there though, there’s good stuff in here.
Kinberg talked about working with the story group to bring original trilogy characters into the series, that shocking season one finale, how far he is into season two and the end game of the series. Below, read our latest Simon Kinberg Star Wars Rebels interview. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There are secrets, there are games, there are rumors and there’s so much non-spoiler awesomeness in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following
- See the first images of Star Wars Disney Infinity.
- Rumors have begun to swirl of an AMC Star Wars Movie Marathon in December.
- A simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster has been spotted in theaters.
- Watch the unfinished Bad Batch episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- The full Untold Clone Wars and Bad Batch Celebration panels are online.
- Where did the Millennium Falcon‘s new satellite come from?
- Check out yet another Ralph McQuarrie influence in the design of The Force Awakens.
- Stunt doubles for several stars of The Force Awakens reportedly did reshoots recently.
- Watch Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley talking Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Japan.
Read More »
UPDATE: The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere described below will premiere June 20. Read more info after our original article.
Darth Vader is on the trail of Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine and Zeb in the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels. The hour-long episode won’t be on Disney XD until this summer, but a few hundred lucky fans at Star Wars Celebration were treated to an early sneak peak.
/Film was on hand and recorded a video blog immediately after the screening to talk about the Rebels Season 2 premiere. We do touch on a few minor spoilers so beware, but it’s not a spoiler to say the episode is an amazing piece of television. A story that absolutely could very easily be a Star Wars movie.
Watch our Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiere video blog below. Read More »
Since the inception of Star Wars Rebels, everyone’s been acting under one assumption. That assumption is the show would only take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But when you start thinking about films like Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, we start to wonder. Why does the show have to stop there? The Skywalker story isn’t the only thing happening with the Rebel Alliance. Why couldn’t the Rebels cross over, not only with Rogue One, which is set in the same period, but maybe even into A New Hope and beyond?
The answer to those questions is: it could happen. This is according to Rebels producers Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni. We spoke with each at Star Wars Celebration and they said the show is not beholden to any timeline, there could be crossover with the films on the animated show itself, and there’s even a possibility the characters could show up in live action.
Of course, this is all hypothetical, but it sure does open up a pandora box’s of Star Wars possibilities. Below, read the quotes from Kinberg and Filoni on a potential Star Wars Rebels movie crossover. Read More »
The bits are flying all over the place in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- John Knoll talks physics of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One teaser trailer.
- Read the first official interviews given by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley for The Force Awakens.
- Watch some more reaction videos to the latest Force Awakens trailer.
- See a visual breakdown of every musical moment in the Star Wars series.
- Kathleen Kennedy talks about secrecy surrounding The Force Awakens.
- Check out a supercut of every single character in the Star Wars saga.
- Mark Hamill released some personal photos from the set of Return of the Jedi.
- Did J.J. Abrams film some of The Force Awakens in the world’s third largest cave?
- Find out some answers to burning questions regarding Star Wars Battlefront.
- A spoiler filled scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens is described.
Read More »