More Star Wars Bits! This one even goes back to the prequels, and you can read about all these items below:
- Damon Lindelof would like to write a Lobot movie.
- George Lucas was scared of the Yoda/Dooku fight in Attack of the Clones.
- Disneyland has a Han Solo in Carbonite lunch combo.
- Read Vanity Fair interviews with Kathleen Kennedy, John Williams, Pablo Hidalgo and more.
- Did you see Craig Drake‘s new Star Wars posters?
- Why did Dice decide to reboot Star Wars Battlefront instead of sequelize it?
- Check out a four page preview of Kanan: The Last Padawan #3.
- There might be a big New Hope easter egg in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Learn about a connection between Rey and Han Solo in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Want to fly an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon, but as Darth Vader or Boba Fett? If you can dream it, the new video game Star Wars Battlefront can do it. The highly anticipated game by EA and Dice will be out November 17 and will help you live out your greatest Star Wars battle fantasies.
No matter what weapon, ship or planet you want, odds are Battlefront can combine them to make it happen. Plus, every single TIE Fighter, AT-AT, blaster etc. is an exact photo recreation of the prop from the Lucasfilm archives, meaning this is the closest you’ll ever get to looking at and handling a real one, unless you travel to a galaxy far, far away.
This is all on prominent display in the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, which was unveiled at Star Wars Celebration. Watch it below. Read More »
The rumors about a link between EA’s game Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars The Force Awakens are true. At Celebration, it was revealed that three weeks after the game’s November 17 release, EA will offer a free piece of downloadable content called the Battle of Jakku, the desert planet in the latest Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer. This will help explain how and why all those X-Wing Fighters and Star Destroyers are abandoned on Jakku. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We could probably rename the site “Star Wars Bits” this weekend as Star Wars Celebration begins but, until then, we wanted to do one more round up before the madness started. Below, read about the following.
- Will Star Wars Celebration have a full Force Awakens exhibit?
- See the latest batch of official merchandise from Star Wars Celebration as well as Funkos.
- Marvel may soon announce two new Star Wars comic books.
- Is a full character list from The Force Awakens now online?
- EA Star Wars continues to tease Star Wars Battlefront, which may first debut on XBox One.
- Check out the Hot Toys Star Wars Celebration exclusive Spacetrooper figure.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration is in the spotlight, but there’s also movie and TV news in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumored Rogue One star Ben Mendelsohn talks Star Wars fandom.
- The Star Wars Battlefront trailer will debut at 10:30 a.m. PST April 17.
- London fans can watch The Force Awakens Star Wars Celebration panel live.
- Watch Oscar Isaac talk about how his uncle got an extra role in The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars was nominated for 7 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- See official, exclusive Star Wars Celebration apparel.
Read More »
Star Wars invades the animal kingdom and much more in this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Star Wars: Battlefront will debut at Star Wars Celebration.
- Help make Citizen George, which is Citizen Kane if it was about George Lucas.
- A new Star Wars novel hints at a explanation for Kylo Ren‘s lightsaber.
- Hasbro clears up the controversy surrounding some upcoming Princess Leia Black Series toys.
- Could a live action Star Wars TV series be starting up again?
- Topps will release a full series of Star Wars: The Force Awakens trading cards.
- A new species of catfish was named after Greedo.
- The Star Wars Rebels schedule of Star Wars Celebration has been revealed.
- A canceled Kingdom Hearts game was going to have a Star Wars universe.
- Read some potential spoilers about Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens.
Read More »