Star Wars Battlefront got plenty of fans excited last year, but upon arrival, the Electronic Arts games disappointed many, mostly due to the lack of single player options included with the title. While the game had much to offer in the multiplayer arena, many just weren’t impressed with what they were given for the expensive price tag that comes with video games nowadays. The folks at EA have been listening the best they can, and they have at least one update that will make players happy starting next week.
In addition, the DLC for Star Wars Battlefront keeps coming later this year. EA teased the forthcoming Death Star expansion pack that finally takes the battle to space in a quick new trailer, and they also announced that the final expansion pack for the game this year will be a Rogue One update. Find out more about the Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One update and more after the jump. Read More »
Electronic Arts has a huge deal with Lucasfilm to produce a variety of video games based on Star Wars in the coming years. They kicked off their endeavor in a big way with DICE’s update of Star Wars Battlefront last fall, and there’s a follow-up coming next year (as well as even more expansions throughout this year up through December). But that was just the beginning.
At the big E3 expo for video games that kicked off this past weekend, EA unveiled a video showing off some of the new Star Wars video games they’re working on for the next few years, including a couple that we really don’t know much about at all. Plus, you can get a glimpse of the Bespin and Death Star expansion packs coming to Star Wars Battlefront, and a quick glimpse at some kind of VR X-Wing project in the works as well. Read More »
Yesterday, the 2016 fiscal earnings for Electronics Arts were revealed by the video game company, revealing that Star Wars Battlefront has sold 14 million copies so far. The game was one of the #4 best selling title of 2015, and it’s been selling more and more each month, largely thanks to the expansion packs adding new characters, levels and game variants. With numbers like that, it should come as no surprise that a sequel is on the way.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 has been confirmed by Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen during this year’s earnings call, but it won’t arrive until 2017. And it’s just one of a handful of Star Wars games intended to be released over the next few years. Find out more after the jump. Read More »
Welcome to today’s especially jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits, which features the following:
- Star Wars actor Drewe Henley has passed away.
- Mark Hamill engages (and teases) fans in a long and fascinating Q&A.
- Marvel’s Poe Dameron comic is already doing quite well.
- New Star Wars Land details/rumors emerge.
- The Star Wars saga goes VR with Trials on Tatooine.
- The ridiculous Darth Vader toothpick dispenser you’ll want to own.
- A description of the next big Star Wars novel.
- Footage from the latest Star Wars: Battlefront DLC.
- And more!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
As you probably know by now, Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes us to new corners of a galaxy far far away. Most of the trailers and marketing focus on the first thirty minutes of the film (they haven’t spoiled much) which is set on Rey’s (Daisy Ridley) home desert planet of Jakku.
We know very little about this new planet, but the video game Star Wars Battlefront recently released a new downloadable level set during the Battle of Jakku, which took placer shortly after the events of the Battle of Endor in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, many years before the setting of the new film (explaining why there are wreckages of Star Destroyers laying in the sand dunes). Mike Fahley recorded a ten minute long virtual tour of Jakku, taking you through the world presented in the prequel video game DLC.
You can watch this video with no fear of movie spoilers as the Battle of Jakku seems to have little connection to Episode 7 aside from the giant relics laying in the sand at the start of the movie. I’m not a video gamer, so it was fun to watch someone explore this new planet in-game. Watch the Jakku video tour now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 by Jacob Hall
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… there was Star Wars Bits, your round-up of all the Star Wars news you need to know. In this edition:
- J.J. Abrams explains why he turned down Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- J.J. Abrams then explains why he finally accepted the gig.
- James Gunn says he has no interest in making a Star Wars movie.
- A new BB-8 featurette offers up some new footage.
- Star Wars Battlefront takes you to the Battle of Jakku.
- Harrison Ford “reviews” The Force Awakens.
- Carrie Fisher has a bone to pick to how the Star Wars series has treated her body.
Read More »
With Star Wars Battlefront on the shelves as another way of fueling the hype train on track to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, fans have been doing their fair share of blasting both Rebels and Imperials in the video game world. But one fan wanted to do some blasting with the weight of LEGO in his hands.
Flickr user and Star Wars fan Nick Jensen has recreated a life-size version of the E-11 blaster rifle, which fans will know as the blaster carried by Stormtroopers in the original Star Wars trilogy. They occasionally use the gun to hit their targets, but mostly it’s just to make a lot of noise and flashing red lights. But this looks like quite the deadly piece of LEGO weaponry. Read More »
Chewie, get us Star Wars Bits! This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Japan has a Star Wars train to go with their Star Wars plane
- The Star Wars monorail is also up and running at Disney World
- Apple bought the motion-capture company that worked on The Force Awakens
- Watch the trailer for The Force Awakens playset for Disney Infinity 3.0
- French arthouse theaters want more copies of The Force Awakens
- A new look at the Anakin & Obi Wan comic coming in January 2016.
- A glimpse of a possible new wookiee in Rogue One or Episode VIII?
- Details on Battle of Jakku DLC for Star Wars Battlefront
- What is the first word spoken in The Force Awakens?
- Read a memo sent to executives about Star Wars in 1976
- See a new image of Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron in The Force Awakens
- A video runs through every Jedi in Star Wars canon
- A Chrome extension can block Star Wars spoilers for you
- Fox News reporter received death threats after making a Star Wars joke
- Omaze launches a new charity contest to win trip to The Force Awakens premiere
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following tidbits:
- Mark Hamill possibly hints that The Force Awakens could have a huge Empire Strikes Back twist.
- Adam Driver doesn’t think Kylo Ren is evil, says he feels he’s “morally justified.”
- C-3PO’s Force Awakens prequel comic has been pushed back from December 2015 to February 2016.
- Mark Hamill talks about how The Force Awakens will be different from A New Hope.
- Star Wars Celebration Europe is SOLD OUT.
- Video of the Millennium Falcon experience on the Disney Dream cruise ship.
- First Order Stormtroopers are now patrolling Disneyland.
- Star Wars Battlefront sequels in development?
All that and more, in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace to find out more.
Read More »
We regularly do “Early Buzz” reports for movies, and sometimes the occasional television series, but in the ten plus years of the site history, we’re never done one for a video game… until now. Yes, Star Wars warrants a break out of our usual boundaries because everyone is so excited for Star Wars Battlefront, which was released for Playstation and Xbox this week. So lets take a look at the early Star Wars Battlefront reviews and see what the video game critics think of the first big Star Wars video game of the Disney era.
Read More »