The first image from the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is burned in our brains. A speeder races along a vast desert, and as the camera follows it, a crashed Star Destroyer is revealed. Soon, we learned this is the planet Jakku, home of Rey, and location of an epic battle between the Empire and Rebellion some time after Return of the Jedi. In a single shot, director J.J. Abrams tells his audience how the galaxy has changed since Jedi and sets up the world we’ll see in The Force Awakens.
Soon after that trailer was released, we found out fans will get to participate in the Battle of Jakku when the video game Star Wars Battlefront is released before The Force Awakens.
Now, fast forward to this week and E3. EA released a new trailer for Star Wars Battlefront which takes place on a desert planet and ends with a Star Destroyer crashing. Some have speculated this is our first look at the Battle of Jakku. Is that true? Find out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The following report comes from our video game writer Jon Christensen:
With E3 Expo 2015 happening this week in Los Angeles, a lot of Star Wars video game news has been unleashed upon us. Yesterday we wrote about the new digital collectible card game Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes, a Star Wars: Battlefront trailer showing 5 minutes of assault on both gameplay footage and a first look at Star Wars: The Old Republic—Knights of the Fallen Empire. Today we have even more, Disney Infinity 3.0 has released the Star Wars: Rise Against The Empire trailer showcasing the second playset in the upcoming line, which features the reveal that infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett will be included in the new set. Also EA has released another Star Wars Battlefront video, this time a Co-Op Missions Gameplay Reveal featuring “Survival Mode” on Tatooine. Watch both videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Also at E3 2015, Electronic Arts premiered a new trailer for Star Wars Battlefront. The E3 2015 Star Wars Battlefront trailer focuses on multiplayer, showing 5 minutes of actual pre-alpha gameplay captured on the Playstation 4 version of the game. Watch the Star Wars Battlefront gameplay trailer embedded after the jump now.
Read More »
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
More Star Wars Bits! This one even goes back to the prequels, and you can read about all these items below:
- Damon Lindelof would like to write a Lobot movie.
- George Lucas was scared of the Yoda/Dooku fight in Attack of the Clones.
- Disneyland has a Han Solo in Carbonite lunch combo.
- Read Vanity Fair interviews with Kathleen Kennedy, John Williams, Pablo Hidalgo and more.
- Did you see Craig Drake‘s new Star Wars posters?
- Why did Dice decide to reboot Star Wars Battlefront instead of sequelize it?
- Check out a four page preview of Kanan: The Last Padawan #3.
- There might be a big New Hope easter egg in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Learn about a connection between Rey and Han Solo in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Want to fly an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon, but as Darth Vader or Boba Fett? If you can dream it, the new video game Star Wars Battlefront can do it. The highly anticipated game by EA and Dice will be out November 17 and will help you live out your greatest Star Wars battle fantasies.
No matter what weapon, ship or planet you want, odds are Battlefront can combine them to make it happen. Plus, every single TIE Fighter, AT-AT, blaster etc. is an exact photo recreation of the prop from the Lucasfilm archives, meaning this is the closest you’ll ever get to looking at and handling a real one, unless you travel to a galaxy far, far away.
This is all on prominent display in the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, which was unveiled at Star Wars Celebration. Watch it below. Read More »
The rumors about a link between EA’s game Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars The Force Awakens are true. At Celebration, it was revealed that three weeks after the game’s November 17 release, EA will offer a free piece of downloadable content called the Battle of Jakku, the desert planet in the latest Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer. This will help explain how and why all those X-Wing Fighters and Star Destroyers are abandoned on Jakku. Read More »