In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following tidbits:
- Mark Hamill possibly hints that The Force Awakens could have a huge Empire Strikes Back twist.
- Adam Driver doesn’t think Kylo Ren is evil, says he feels he’s “morally justified.”
- C-3PO’s Force Awakens prequel comic has been pushed back from December 2015 to February 2016.
- Mark Hamill talks about how The Force Awakens will be different from A New Hope.
- Star Wars Celebration Europe is SOLD OUT.
- Video of the Millennium Falcon experience on the Disney Dream cruise ship.
- First Order Stormtroopers are now patrolling Disneyland.
- Star Wars Battlefront sequels in development?
All that and more, in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace to find out more.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We regularly do “Early Buzz” reports for movies, and sometimes the occasional television series, but in the ten plus years of the site history, we’re never done one for a video game… until now. Yes, Star Wars warrants a break out of our usual boundaries because everyone is so excited for Star Wars Battlefront, which was released for Playstation and Xbox this week. So lets take a look at the early Star Wars Battlefront reviews and see what the video game critics think of the first big Star Wars video game of the Disney era.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 9th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
The last Star Wars: Battlefront trailer was a masterpiece of emotional manipulation. It was the lion lurking in the tall grass, watching your helpless nostalgia sneak away from the pack for a drink at the watering hole. It saw the weak spots in your armor, it knew how to break through emotional malaise, it was well aware that your defenses were already down because Star Wars: The Force Awakens actually looks like it could be the movie you’ve been waiting for. And then it struck. Even if you were prepared to see through its emotionally manipulative tactics, it forced a lump into your throat and a tear into your eye. You must play this video game. It’s effective advertising.
The new trailer tries something, uh, a little different. Whereas the first trailer was all about the joys of Star Wars (the joys of childhood!) rescuing you from your adult responsibilities, this one seems to have a slightly darker tone. To be fair, that dark tone is probably unintentional, but it represents the exact wrong Star Wars iconography to borrow and the effect is really, really weird.
But hey, it also features Anna Kendrick. Watch the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer for yourself after the jump.
Read More »
Aside from the ability to live out some of the most iconic battles from the Star Wars saga, the forthcoming video game Star Wars Battlefront brings with it a taste of a fight that fans haven’t experienced before and know very little about: The Battle of Jakku.
We’ve known for months that this fight on a new planet would be a key playable part of the new video game as downloadable content from Electronic Arts. But we’re just now getting a real taste of what the battle will entail in a new Star Wars Battlefront trailer focusing specifically on the Battle of Jakku. Read More »
In just a few weeks, Electronic Arts will join the Star Wars hype train with the release of their first-person shooter video game Star Wars Battlefront. We’ve seen footage from the game previously, with new tidbits on gameplay surfacing over the past few months, but now the official launch trailer has arrived and it packs quite a punch.
The new Star Wars Battlefront trailer mixes gameplay footage with cinematics, showing off the huge battles that will take place between Rebel forces and the Empire on some very familiar planets and one previously unexplored territory. Watch! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars Bits is calling to you. Just let it in. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Which demographic makes up most of The Force Awakens ticket buyers?
- Netflix will get The Force Awakens in 2016, but not in the United States
- Which classic heroes and villains have joined Star Wars Battlefront?
- BB-8 reacts to the final The Force Awakens trailer
- Pip Andersen‘s role in The Force Awakens revealed
- Why are there Stormtroopers on the Great Wall of China?
- Find out how the Shattered Empire comic series links to The Force Awakens
- All Nippon Airways begins Star Wars themed flights
- Watch the Brooklyn dubbed version of The Force Awakens trailer
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following stories:
- Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy says a woman will direct a Star Wars movie and Elizabeth Banks says she is ready for that job.
- Alan Tudyk talks about his time on set filming Star Wars: Rogue One.
- How Star Wars played a role in Brie Larson‘s drama Room.
- Find out how to buy the Luke Skywalker’s lost hand limited edition action figure.
- Watch the Star Wars Rebels Season 2 press conference from NYCC.
- The George Lucas Museum secures city parks approval in Chicago.
- Watch Darth Vader take out a snow speeder with his lightsaber in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Read the plot synopsizes for four upcoming Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens short stories by Landry Quinn.
All that and more, in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 19th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
The message of this new Star Wars: Battlefront trailer seems to be “Your life sucks, but don’t worry, a new Star Wars video game is on the way!”, which is hilarious and strangely sweet in equal measure. Pulling hard enough at your heartstrings to trigger cardiac arrest, this trailer is less about selling a brand new video game and more about selling nostalgia… which will then convince you to go out and buy that brand new video game. To be fair, that game does look pretty, pretty cool.
Watch the new Star Wars: Battlefront trailer after the jump
Read More »
You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to Star Wars Bits, not leave it in darkness. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Images of new Star Wars LEGO sets coming in 2016
- UK’s Sky Movies strikes exclusive deal for The Force Awakens on VOD
- Very early buzz on Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Details on a season pass for Star Wars Battlefront
- New cast member revealed for Star Wars Rebels
- Disney teams with bionics company for Star Wars prosthetic arm
- New The Force Awakens artwork from Acme Archives
- Mark Hamill clears up a Star Wars movie mistake
- Clips from the season premiere of Star Wars Rebels
Read More »