Gwendoline Christie Star Wars episode VII

The first round of Star Wars casting was a male-centric lineup of talent, with only Carrie Fisher and newcomer Daisy Ridley balancing out the guys. But Star Wars Episode VII has added a few other women to the fold over the past few weeks: Lupita Nyong’o, Christina Chong, Crystal Clarke, and Gwendoline Christie have all signed on.

We don’t know much about the roles played by any of the women other than Fisher, but some really interesting new details have emerged about Gwendoline Christie’s possible role. We’ll keep all the spoilers after the jump, but fans of Christie’s Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth won’t be disappointed.  Read More »

.

Please Recommend /Film on Facebook

first day of new Star Wars shooting

The battle over May 2016 is getting more and more interesting. A while back, we thought the Summer of 2015 was the be-all, end-all for summer sequels. Those months were scheduled to include all the movies that are currently being released as well as two of the most anticipated movies ever: Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Those two films were later slotted into December 2015 and May 2016 respectively. May 2016 got more interesting, however, when Marvel dated Captain America 3 for the same release day as Batman v Superman. That’s where things stood for a while.

Then Harrison Ford broke his leg.

Now, while Disney is dead-set on holding December 18, 2015 as the Star Wars Episode VII release date, director/producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy have reportedly asked, and been denied, a move to May 4, 2016.

Below, we examine the potential Star Wars 7 release date change from both sides of the argument. Read More »

Oscar Isaac

Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to make an official statement on the condition of Harrison Ford. Earlier this month, Ford broke his leg on the set of Star Wars Episode VII and the latest rumors state he might be unable to shoot for six months. That’s a huge chunk of downtime for the man who is rumored to be the lead of the film. In spite of that, we’ve heard Disney is trying to keep the December 18, 2015 release without any changes. That’s all well and good but some kind of change is inevitable as a result of the injury.

The latest rumor comes from New York City tabloid paper the New York Post. They report their “Hollywood sources” suggest the role of Oscar Isaac, whatever that role may be, could be expanded to fill some of Solo’s scenes. Read More »

Vader Palpatine

The biggest fun piece of Star Wars Episode VII speculation this week centered on the villains. Star Wars website MakingStarWars ran an elaborate rumor about the nature of the film’s bad guys, only to have the statement refuted by another site, TheForce.net. The latter said the first rumor was 100% inaccurate… but J.J. Abrams also said Khan wasn’t in Star Trek Into Darkness.

Which is why, at this point in the game, it’s hard to take anything as true. Even quotes from the filmmakers themselves could by lies this far out, which is why Star Wars fans have to have their rumor deflector shields up at all times. Unless it’s reported by StarWars.com, it’s a rumor, no matter if you read it here, on a Star Wars fan site, or anywhere else.

That said, a new wrinkle to that villain rumor mill has now been unearthed. Latino Review claims the original rumor, while mostly false, does have a few very important pieces of truth in it. What are they? We’ll reveal those potentials spoiler below. Read More »

Palpatine

UPDATE: Long running Star Wars site TheForce.net says this rumor is unequivocally, 100% false. However, they don’t cite a source. We’ve left the original story below.

This might be total BS. We’re going to be honest about that. But reading this new information was interesting and fun, and even if it may not be true, why deny you the same joy? Let the Star Wars speculation continue!

As you all know by now, we know nothing of the plot to Star Wars Episode VII. We know the original characters are back, thirty years have passed, and some younger actors play new characters. That’s it. We can safely assume there will be Jedi, but there’s no real pulse on the bad guys. You see, at the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker defeated the Sith, returning balance to the Force. However, characters revealed in other canon stories (mainly Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels) could potentially still be around. We simply don’t know.

Now, a new article has some exciting speculation on the topic, with at least a potential hint of truth. The team at Making Star Wars have some info they believe to be from actual Star Wars insiders on who and what the Star Wars 7 villains are. More over, they may also have an idea of how those villains figure into the entire sequel trilogy.

Suffice to say, if any of this is true, this information contains both minor and major spoilers. We’ll differentiate after the jump. Read More »

Mark Hamill Lightsaber

Update From Editor Peter Sciretta: Disney has released a video showing Mark Hamill playing around with the lightsaber at his DisneyWorld photoshoot with Mickey Mouse. Last time I saw Hamill at Comic-Con he was large — Its nice to see Hamill has gotten back in shape for Episode VII. The original story from Germain follows and the new video is embedded after the jump.

We all know what a thirty-year-old Mark Hamill looks like holding a lightsaber. That’s it above. But what does a sixty year old Hamill look like? That’s the question fans have been wondering for sometime as the actor gets ready to return to the role of Luke Skywalker for J.J. AbramsStar Wars Episode VII.

Hamill has yet to start shooting the film, though. He’s instead fulfilling some other Disney/Star Wars duties. The actor is currently in Orlando, Florida for Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World and posed with a lightsaber, giving fans some idea of what to expect come December 18, 2015. He also talked to the local paper about his training for the film and the crazy spoiler culture. See Star Wars 7 Mark Hamill and read his quotes below.

Read More »

Star Wars Episode VII Contest JJ Abrams

In response to all the leaked photos from the set of Star Wars Episode VII, writer and director J.J. Abrams used the Bad Robot Twitter account to send a note to fans. It says “I wish people would stop leaking photos from Episode VII and making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in the movie.” But the background behind the note makes the text very funny. Check it out below. Read More »

X-Wing Fighter

It figures it would come to this. TMZ is now the leading Star Wars spy in the world. One day after releasing some very interesting photos from the Abu Dhabi set, the gossip website has come upon twenty new photos taken inside J.J. Abrams‘ secret soundstages. Inside those buildings a few massive sets are under construction, including what’s unmistakably the Millennium Falcon and an X-Wing Fighter. There are also new looks at the alien revealed earlier this week.

Check out the latest Star Wars 7 set photos below. Read More »

Click Here To Read Older Movie News
Cool Posts From Around the Web: