We’ve known for a long time that director JJ Abrams and cinematographer Daniel Mindel are shooting Star Wars Episode VII on 35mm film. Over the summer we learned something else: at least some portion of the film was shot on IMAX cameras. The photo that confirmed that data (above) showed an IMAX film camera, not one of the new digital systems used by Michael Bay on Transformers: Age of Extinction. So we know that the production is sticking with film.
Now we have a bit more info on the particulars of the Star Wars Episode VII IMAX shoot. As it turns out, there might be only one big IMAX sequence. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Interstellar, Inherent Vice, Guardians of the Galaxy… as excited as I was for all those films coming into 2014, the thing I’m still most looking forward to is the Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer. The problem is, with the film hitting in December 2015, the odds of that trailer coming out this year seem really slim. Some new buzz is circling the Internet, however, that not only says that director J.J. Abrams has already cut a trailer, but that John Williams is writing music for it, and it’ll be out at some point before the end of the year. Is that possible? Below, we’ll present the rumor and break it down. Read More »
A man walks in the woods and sees a scene from Star Wars Episode VII. Fact or fiction? Read about it, and the stories below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumored descriptions of vehicles in Star Wars Episode VII.
- A man walking near Pinewood Studios said he heard and saw J.J. Abrams filming a scene.
- Daniel Radcliffe visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch the official sneak of Darth Vader‘s Star Wars Rebels cameo.
- Listen to Dave Filoni talks Star Wars Rebels for 15 minutes.
- Read some excerpts from Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno.
- A Star Wars helmet showed up on Antiques Roadshow.
- See the Skywalker cameo in Star Wars Rebels.
- What happened to the Tie Fighter In Star Wars Rebels “Fighter Flight?”
Read More »
A new piece of Star Wars news hit today, straight from the official YouTube page. The channel posted a funny video featuring long-time Star Wars actor Warwick Davis discussing whether or not he will be appearing in Star Wars Episode VII. Spoiler alert: he will. Watch the video and more below. Read More »
Brad Bird had a big decision, one many film fans would love to have to make. In a new interview, the director of Tomorrowland once again talked about being approached to direct Star Wars Episode VII and strongly considering the job, but being so deep into pre-production on Tomorrowland he had to turn the Star Wars gig down.
However, Bird strongly considered making Tomorrowland then jumping right into a Galaxy Far, Far Away. Watch Bird talk about turning down Star Wars Episode VII below. Read More »
Right now as you read this, super lucky people are looking at images from Star Wars Episode VII. Within the next year, we’ll all have a chance to see them as well but at the moment, J.J. Abrams and everyone involved is keeping everything incredibly secret. But the images are out there and some sites are providing us with the best possible alternative to seeing them ourselves: describing them.
Below, read the potential descriptions of seven different scenes and concepts from Star Wars Episode VII including a few that take place in a forest. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII speculation, scenes, and cold, hard Star Wars Rebels facts highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII star Pip Andersen made a visit to Andy Serkis‘ Imaginarium Studios.
- Star Wars Rebels premiered Friday to 6.5 million viewers and is coming to New York Comic-Con.
- Star Wars in Concert might be returning.
- Simon Kinberg analyzed every moment of Star Wars Rebels for StarWars.com
- Read a possible description of a hanger space in Star Wars Episode VII as well as a lightsaber showdown.
- ABC will air an episode of Star Wars Rebels on October 26 with a new scene.
- Read an excerpt from James Luceno‘s Star Wars novel Tarkin.
- Watch a video of the Director of Music and Scoring at Skywalker Sound.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A new photo from the set of Star Wars Episode VII has been released. Well, more accurately, a pic has emerged from inside the production offices at Pinewood Studios outside London. It’s the same image Kevin Smith described when he talked about his trip to the set; this time the actual image was posted by Frank Marshall, the film producer and husband of Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm. It’s a Star Wars themed poster warning people who visit the set about what they can and can’t say. See the Star Wars 7 poster here. Read More »