Posted on Monday, March 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Last week brought a major rumor that Idris Elba would be playing a Klingon villain in Star Trek 3. So inevitably, this week brings a stringent denial of said rumor. Star Trek 3 star and writer Simon Pegg says in no uncertain terms that the talk isn’t true — the Klingon part of it, anyway. The Idris Elba part might still be.
Read Pegg’s response to the Idris Elba Klingon talk after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
In the rebooted Star Trek franchise, it’s all about the villains. Or at least pre-release, it is. Everyone knows who the main characters are but there’s always a question of who they’ll be tangling with. In the second film, the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch’s character was a particular spot of controversy. So that begs the question: will villain questions continue into part three?
The early answer to that question is “Yes.” Variety reports that Idris Elba is in early talks to play a villain in Star Trek 3. However, there are no details on who – or what – he could be playing. Directed by Justin Lin, the film is scheduled for release July 8, 2016. Read more about the Idris Elba Star Trek 3 news below. Read More »
With Simon Pegg co-writing the new script for director Justin Lin, things have been kind of quiet on the Star Trek 3 front. That’s because the movie is being shaped and finalized as you read this story. But other facets of pre-production must be happening if they hope to start shooting in the spring for July 8, 2016 release.
One of those moving parts is casting and the latest rumor is that everyone’s go-to villainous actor, Bryan Cranston, is being sought for a role. Another rumor is the film features three new, lead female characters: the Federation President, a new Starfleet captain and Bones’ ex-wife. Read more about the latest Star Trek 3 rumors below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Simon Pegg has some big writing credits to his name — stuff you’ve probably seen, like Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, and Spaced. Now he’s reportedly set to co-write Star Trek 3, and will work on the script with Doug Jung. Read More »
Maybe one day we’ll get the full story of the behind the scenes drama on Star Trek 3. How people reacted when J.J. Abrams left, the potential directors coming in to pitch, Roberto Orci being hired as a first-time filmmaker, his subsequent departure, a second director search, the hiring of Justin Lin and more. It sounds like plot to a political thriller. Now, another twist has been revealed.
Orci, who was thought to still be writing and producing the film, took to a Star Trek message board to reveal, despite working on a script for well over a year, he’s now only producing the film. He also teased his thoughts about what’s going on with the 2016 sequel and defended the first film’s idea of an alternate timeline. Read Orci’s quotes about the Star Trek 3 script below. Read More »
UPDATE: BoxOffice revealed that Star Trek 3 will be released July 8, 2016. We’ve updated the below story from Monday with that information.
The search for a Star Trek 3 director is over. Justin Lin, director of multiple Fast and Furious films as well as True Detective season 2, will helm the sci-fi sequel, set for release July 8, 2016. He replaces Roberto Orci, who remains attached as a producer. Read more about the Justin Lin Star Trek 3 news below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
Guess who’s switching from beer to vodka? Also after the jump:
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 gets a director
- Entourage and Furious 7 get their MPAA ratings
- The Minions take 1960s New York in a cute new clip
- What doesGOTG have to do with Star Trek 3?
- See the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel trailer
- Taken 3 serves up the “12 Skills of Christmas”
- Frank Grillo is in, Carmen Ejogo is out for Purge 3
Read More »