In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss has joined the cast of Magic Mike XXL.
- Bruce Greenwood talks possible Star Trek 3 return.
- Brad Bird talks about how The Incredibles 2 is progressing.
- John Cho says Bob Orci is “going to blow people away” with Star Trek 3
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
After some initial denials, William Shatner confirmed last week he’d been contacted about Star Trek 3. So now the question is what exactly he’ll be doing in the movie, and a new report claims to have some of the juicy details.
Meanwhile, Leonard Nimoy, who’s rumored to appear alongside Shatner in the next film, has finally issued a response. Or maybe we should cal it a non-response, since it neither confirms nor denies anything.
Hit the jump to for William Shatner Star Trek 3 cameo details. Read More »
The Oscar win Claudio Miranda enjoyed for Life of Pi started some conversations, as that film was shot with a heavy blend of real and CG environments. But Miranda’s skill in leading a crew that works with such a combination of elements should serve him very well for his next gig. Miranda (above, center) has been hired to shoot Roberto Orci‘s Star Trek 3, which will also mark the current series’ transition from film to digital. Read More »
The filming locations of two big sequels lead this edition of Sequel Bits. Read about those, and the following stories, below:
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will shoot in Australia in February.
- Star Trek 3 will primarily be shooting in Vancouver, BC.
- Dredd actress Olivia Thirlby tells fans she wants to make Dredd 2.
- Justified actor Jacob Lofland latest to join The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.
- Check out a new photo of Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious 7.
- John Cho isn’t sure the whole cast would come back for Star Trek 4.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just days after word spread last week that Roberto Orci wanted William Shatner for Star Trek 3, the actor took to Twitter to deny, deny, deny. But now, just days after that, Shatner has changed his tune completely.
During an appearance at Wizard World Nashville Comic Con this weekend, Shatner admitted that he’d gotten the call from J.J. Abrams about Star Trek 3 — and also that he’d promised Abrams he wouldn’t tell anyone, not even his wife. Well, so much for that mystery box.
Hit the jump to read the latest on the William Shatner Star Trek 3 offer, plus Orci’s Shatner-inspired response to the haters. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Liam Neeson and John Slattery will also be in Ted 2
- Check out the first Dumb and Dumber To TV spot
- Watch the new extended Alien: Isolation TV spot
- Lindsay Lohan has an idea for a Mean Girls sequel
- George Takei is not “lobbying” for a Star Trek 3 role
- Ryan Hansen talks about his Veronica Mars spinoff
- Peter Cullen wants Michael Bay for Transformers 5
- Denzel Washington isn’t confirmed for Equalizer 2
- Jeremy Renner is excited for M:I5 and more Bourne
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Earlier this week we got word that Roberto Orci wanted William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy back on board for Star Trek 3. According to that report, the current version of the script calls for the two to appear in a scene together, for the first time since 1991′s Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
Naturally, all the talk got old-school Trek fans buzzing. However, all that excitement may be premature, because Orci and Shatner have now spoken up to clarify that nothing is set just yet. Hit the jump to read about the William Shatner Star Trek 3 rumors.
Read More »