Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves the sea floor-dwelling creatures of Bikini Bottom, the high-flying dragon riders of Berk, and everyone in between. After the jump:
- Is China getting sick of effects-heavy Hollywood sequels?
- Rumor has it Jurassic World will feature pterodactyl riders
- Insurgent casts a couple more Dauntless characters
- Paul Walker‘s brother may be in future Fast movies
- Ernie Hudson says Ghostbusters 3 will shoot soon
- Brittany Snow tweets from the set of Pitch Perfect 2
- Get ready for lots and lots of Sharknado tie-in merchandise
- SpongeBob has a Coppertone moment in a new poster
- Watch the trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- See a How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette about the score
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Adults of a certain age have a very special place in their heart for Nickelodeon. Not current Nickelodeon, mind you. I’m talking old school Nickelodeon. Shows like You Can’t Do That on Television, Pinwheel, Double Dare, Rugrats, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Doug, The Adventures of Pete and Pete and Salute Your Shorts. All were classic television programs that helped mold the young minds of today’s twenty- and thirty-year olds.
iam8bit has chosen that era as the subject of It’s the shizNICK, a brand new group exhibition opening Friday April 19 in Los Angeles. Below, check out a small sample of exclusive images from the show. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
More details emerge on that Boy Meets World sequel, and you may be surprised to learn what Cory’s up to these days. Also after the jump:
- Christopher Lloyd brings his DeLorean to Raising Hope
- SpongeBob gets stop-motioned for a holiday special
- See the sexy first trailer for Starz’ Da Vinci’s Demons
- James Cameron is producing a climate-change doc
- Diablo Cody sells a Millenial/GenX comedy to ABC
- Elementary lands the plum post-Super Bowl slot
- Luther is getting a third season with four episodes
- 24‘s Jack and Renee will reunite on Fox’s Touch
- Fringe sets an early 2013 date for its series finale
Read More »
I don’t always agree with best-selling author Stephen King‘s opinions, but I still love reading his thoughts about the film and television world. Last month, King has published his annual listing of the top 10 films of the year , and this week he has weighed in on the best tv of 2010 in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.
Which tv shows did he choose for his best of 2010 list? Friday Night Lights, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and… SpongeBob SquarePants? Hit the jump to see the full list in brief.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Rob Zombie‘s $10 million, hard-R animated film, The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, is headed straight-to-DVD next month via Anchor Bay. Zombie previously discussed the politics involved and the theatrical set-backs with /Film; outfitted with a voice-cast that includes Paul Giamatti (as villain Dr. Satan), Rosario Dawson, Brian Posehn, and Danny Trejo, we remain as bewildered over the prolonged release limbo as he was. And apparently a teaser trailer was issued for Beasto earlier this season, but today is the first we’ve screened it. Co-written and -directed by Mr. Lawrence (SpongeBob, Rocco’s Modern Life), the professional style of the animation and overall sinister-pop sensibility is fluid and appealing and seems a natural inclusion for Halloween marathons (and Clint Howard cos-play fiestas). Update: Zombie has revealed to STYD that his ’70s-action film, Tyrannosaurus Rex, is once again off development cinder blocks and slated to be his follow-up to the forthcoming Halloween 2. Score one for the non-remakes.
Read More »