James Bond movies always have big action setpieces, but because they take so long to put together, any given Bond film also often feels as if it is chasing trends in action filmmaking. Hopefully, Bond just has the resources to do it bigger and better than anyone else.
Car chases are nothing new when it comes to Bond films, but when looking at footage of two supercars in a duel on nighttime Paris streets, some will inevitably see the influence of the Fast and Furious movies at play. But in Spectre, one of those cars is driven by the henchman Mr. Hinx, played by Dave Bautista, and he’s got a great way of looking at their duel. Check out a Spectre video blog showing off the film’s cars, the Aston Martin DB10 and the Jaguar C-X75. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I’m in Las Vegas for the CinemaCon convention (formerly ShoWest), which is the largest gathering of movie theatre exhibitors each year. The convention is packed with talks about subjects such as how to maximize profits, and features a show floor filled with the newest and best concessions equipment. More notably, most of the major movie studios hold presentations of upcoming film line-ups for the next year and beyond. Companies even show some of their films early to get some excitement from those booking the screens.
Wednesday afternoon we saw a presentation from Sony Pictures showcasing some of their big upcoming films including Perfect Guy, Concussion, 5th Wave, X-Mas, Spectre, Goosebumps, Pixels, Aloha, Ricky and The Flash, The Walk and Money Monster and more. After the presentation I recorded a spoiler free Sony CinemaCon reaction video reaction with Steve from Collider, which you can watch that now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 7th, 2015 by Angie Han
Just days after we heard Christoph Waltz was joining Spectre, rumors started swirling that he’d play classic Bond villain Blofeld. Of course, he quickly denied those stories, and now he’s denying them again. According to him, those claims are “absolutely untrue.”
But… are they? The same story that originated the Blofeld rumor also stated that Waltz’s character would be named (initially, at least) Franz Oberhauser. And that part has been 100% confirmed. More on the Christoph Waltz Blofeld rumors after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Transporter: Refueled gets pushed back to fall
- Rings sucks in Aimee Teegarden of Friday Night Lights
- Ron Howard preps the Da Vinci Code sequel in Florence
- Paul Blart is “2 Blart 2 Furious” in a new trailer
- James Bond won’t be part of a “Marvel-style” universe
- Zachary Levi tweets a look at the Heroes Reborn cast
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 production hits a delay
- A new Dragon Tattoo book is coming; see the cover
- Get a preview of the Fight Club 2 comic book
Read More »
Here’s the first Spectre trailer! Daniel Craig returns to play James Bond a fourth time, and behind the camera is Sam Mendes, who returns as director after Skyfall. But most important may be the return of SPECTRE, the villainous organization which has menaced Bond in the past in the pages of Ian Fleming’s novels, and on the big screen.
There are hints of Bond’s personal past here, and the specific instance of this reveal is going to surprise you.
Update: We’ve also got some new images from the Spectre shoot in Mexico City, which is going on right now.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, March 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
James Bond is a man who demands the very finest in life, so obviously he won’t settle for just a regular-sized theatrical run. No, he’ll be coming at us on the biggest screens in the world this fall, as Spectre gets an IMAX release. Get the details on the Spectre IMAX rollout after the jump. Read More »
Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Read More »
Here’s the first real Spectre teaser poster, featuring Daniel Craig as James Bond in a real “ready to go” sort of pose. It doesn’t give us much to go on, except perhaps to suggest that James Bond is a big fan of Archer. His turtleneck (sorry, tactleneck!) game is definitely solid. Or maybe he’s just channeling Roger Moore from Live and Let Die. Check out the poster below, and look out for the trailer debut on March 28. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
Whether you’re into boxing, singing rodents, or BDSM, there’s something in here for you. After the jump:
- Michael B. Jordan gets into fighting shape for Creed
- The Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 cast continues to grow
- The Sharknado labor strike rains down upon DC
- Fifty Shades stars want bigger paychecks for the sequel
- Spectre adds Stephanie Sigman as another Bond girl
- A knife attack and an injury threaten Pirates 5
- Nick Hornby shares his thoughts on a High Fidelity sequel
- Neill Blomkamp has more stuff to say about Alien
- Bradley Cooper did one day on the Wet Hot prequel
Read More »