Posted on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
Details about Lego Movie 2 are being kept under wraps, but one thing Chris McKay says we can expect is more female characters. Also after the jump:
- Ivan Reitman is still gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3
- Camera tests are underway for Jurassic World
- Karl Urban wants you to sign the Dredd 2 petition
- Those “Penelope Cruz for Bond 24” rumors might be true
- Kevin James has a new love interest for Paul Blart 2
- Here’s another How to Train Your Dragon poster
- Check out some Mad Max: Fury Road concept art
Read More »
When Michael Jordan was at the top of his game in the NBA, no one was bigger. He was everywhere: TV, commercials and even the movies. In 1996, Jordan starred in Space Jam, a blockbuster family comedy where he was recruited by the Looney Tunes to help them beat a bunch of bad guys in a basketball game. It blended live action, animation and featured cameos from dozens of prominent NBA players as well as stars like Bill Murray and Wayne Knight.
These days, the closest thing we have to Michael Jordan is the two-time reigning NBA Champion Lebron James. He’s just started to dip his toes into films and now he’s lining up his own battle with the Looney Tunes. This isn’t a joke, the sons of legendary sportscaster Dick Ebersol have just come onboard to develop a sequel to Space Jam as a starring vehicle for James. Willie Ebersol will write the screenplay and his brother, Charlie Ebersol, will produce.
Update: After Deadline published its story, Brian Windhorst at ESPN reported that reps for James denied that any project is in development. A film could still be in development at Warner Bros., but not with James. James also commented.
Read More »
There’s so much in this edition of Sequel Bits it’s insane. Let’s get going. After the jump read about the following:
- David Fincher is still figuring out how to make The Girl Who Played With Fire.
- Ron Perlman still has no idea when Hellboy 3 might happen.
- A new image from Paranormal Activity 4 has been released.
- Frank Marshall said “all possibilities are open” if the Bourne franchise continues.
- Andy Nyman has been cast as The Tumor in Kick-Ass 2.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was voted the most disappointing film of all time.
- NBA superstar LeBron James tweeted that he’d love to make Space Jam 2.
- Lake Placid: The Final Chapter, starring Robert Englund, premieres next month.
- Check out photos of Jessica Alba preparing for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.
Read More »