Posted on Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies signs up for Underworld 5
- Dave Franco is also moving back in for Neighbors 2
- Jack Reacher 2 is gearing up for a fall shoot
- Jurassic World returns to IMAX 3D for one week only
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reveals first images; John Stamos joins the cast
- Mrs. Doubtfire 2 definitely won’t happen without Robin Williams
- LeBron James is hoping for a Space Jam 2
- Sinister 2 drops a new clip and a featurette
- Lionsgate’s latest Hunger Games ad is accidentally NSFW
- Simon Pegg talks about feeling “pressure” as the writer of Star Trek Beyond
- Chris Pine and Idris Elba bicker (for charity) on the set of Star Trek Beyond
Read More »
Sinister 2 opens in a couple weeks, which means the demon Bughuul will once again be on hand to guide children into actions strange and murderous. We’ve got a small set of high-res Sinister 2 screenshots to herald the return of the new franchise. This time, the film comes from original screenwriters Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill, and director Ciarán Foy, who is coming off the film Citadel and is new to this series.
Check out the Sinister 2 images below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Here’s the red-band trailer for Sinister 2, which follows a new set of characters menaced by the influence of the demon Bughuul. This time it’s a single mother (Shannyn Sossamon) and her twin sons who must contend with his malevolence. This trailer helps fill in more of the demon’s story, and seeks to further his reputation as a potential new horror icon. Check out the Sinister 2 red-band look below. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
And now, some random sequel-related tidbits to usher you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Sorry, Princess Diaries 3 is not currently in the works
- Vin Diesel says The Last Witch Hunter 2 is happening
- Ron Perlman doesn’t want crowdfunding for Hellboy 3
- Preorder this Jurassic World limited edition gift set
- Revisit Jimmy Fallon‘s Jurassic World cameo
- Red Robin serves up a Terminator: Genisys burger
- Jay Baruchel shares a photo from the Goon sequel set
- Sinister 2 wishes everyone a happy Father’s Day
Read More »
The demon Bughuul continues to menace families in Sinister 2, which sees the return of original writers Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill and features a new director, Ciaran Foy (Citadel) after Derrickson went over to Marvel to make Doctor Strange. There’s also a new cast, including Shannyn Sossamon, James Ransone, and Robert and Dartanian Sloan, playing characters caught in a nightmare of film footage and the evil it depicts. Check out the Sinister 2 trailer after the break. Read More »
“Tell anyone and we’ll kill you, and your whole family. And watch the film over and over.” Those ominous words closed out the Blumhouse panel at WonderCon 2015 as producer Jason Blum unveiled the first look anywhere at Sinister 2, the sequel to the surprise 2012 horror hit.
The sequel will be released August 21 from director Ciaran Foy, from a script by the team behind the original, Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill. Once again, a family will find a box of films of murders that unleash a terrible evil. Below, check out the super short, super creepy first look at Sinister 2. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
As Sinister 2 approaches the start of production, some new details have been revealed about the cast and story. Shannyn Sossamon and James Ransone are set to star, with the latter reprising his role from the last film. Hit the jump for more on the Sinister 2 cast and plot.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Keep the lights on, because today’s edition of Sequel Bits is unusually horror-heavy. After the jump:
- Karl Urban wants to do Star Trek for 25 more years
- Avatar 2 is probably going to shoot in early 2015
- Transformers 4 is now the 18th biggest film ever
- Mark Duplass wants to make Creep 2 and 3 right away
- Tremors 5 finally has a director and a star
- Hey, Chicagoans: Sinister 2 is looking for extras
- ABCs of Death 2 is arriving just in time for Halloween
- Leprechaun: Origins is coming to theaters after all
- … and so is Sharknado 2: The Second One!
- Jarhead 2: Field of Fire not only exists, it has a trailer
Read More »