The demon Bughuul continues to menace families in Sinister 2, which sees the return of original writers Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill and features a new director, Ciaran Foy (Citadel) after Derrickson went over to Marvel to make Doctor Strange. There’s also a new cast, including Shannyn Sossamon, James Ransone, and Robert and Dartanian Sloan, playing characters caught in a nightmare of film footage and the evil it depicts. Check out the Sinister 2 trailer after the break. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
“Tell anyone and we’ll kill you, and your whole family. And watch the film over and over.” Those ominous words closed out the Blumhouse panel at WonderCon 2015 as producer Jason Blum unveiled the first look anywhere at Sinister 2, the sequel to the surprise 2012 horror hit.
The sequel will be released August 21 from director Ciaran Foy, from a script by the team behind the original, Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill. Once again, a family will find a box of films of murders that unleash a terrible evil. Below, check out the super short, super creepy first look at Sinister 2. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
As Sinister 2 approaches the start of production, some new details have been revealed about the cast and story. Shannyn Sossamon and James Ransone are set to star, with the latter reprising his role from the last film. Hit the jump for more on the Sinister 2 cast and plot.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Keep the lights on, because today’s edition of Sequel Bits is unusually horror-heavy. After the jump:
- Karl Urban wants to do Star Trek for 25 more years
- Avatar 2 is probably going to shoot in early 2015
- Transformers 4 is now the 18th biggest film ever
- Mark Duplass wants to make Creep 2 and 3 right away
- Tremors 5 finally has a director and a star
- Hey, Chicagoans: Sinister 2 is looking for extras
- ABCs of Death 2 is arriving just in time for Halloween
- Leprechaun: Origins is coming to theaters after all
- … and so is Sharknado 2: The Second One!
- Jarhead 2: Field of Fire not only exists, it has a trailer
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because Comic-Con is happening doesn’t mean the world of sequels have stopped turning. After the jump:
- Zoe Saldana pleads ignorance about Trek 3 and Avatar 2
- Roberto Orci teases some new discoveries in Star Trek 3
- Zachary Quinto wants to direct, but not a Star Trek movie
- CBS Films plots another trip to Last Vegas… in Brooklyn
- Universal saves the date for The Best Man Wedding
- Focus Features sets a release date for Sinister 2
- Flip through some colorful new posters for Expendables 3
- A Pitch Perfect 2 set photo hints at a Bellas slumber party
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
This edition of Sequel Bits covers everything from kid-friendly adventures to gritty thrillers, and everything in between. After the jump:
- Get a peek at the Jurassic World Honolulu set.
- Meanwhile, Jurassic World is casting extras in New Orleans.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 will open in IMAX.
- … And to celebrate, here are some new pics and a new clip.
- The Broken Lizard fellows talk Super Troopers 2.
- Scott Derrickson explains why Ciaran Foy was chosen for Sinister 2.
- Watch a trailer for City State 2, the sequel to the Icelandic thriller.
Read More »
Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill wrote Sinister, which starred Ethan Hawke as a writer who taps into an unusual cycle of violence, and Derrickson directed. We’ve known that a sequel is in the works, with the two again handling script duties. Now a director has been named: Ciaran Foy, who made his feature debut with the film Citadel, will be the Sinister 2 director. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The food puns keep on coming in a new batch of posters from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Also after the jump:
- Director Scott Derrickson will return for Sinister 2 in some capacity
- Keri Russell offers more Dawn of the Planet of the Apes plot details
- The Conjuring 2 won’t be about Amityville, unless Patrick Wilson is lying
- Vin Diesel and David Twohy consider where the Riddick series will go next
- The Farrelly Bros. announce a contest for a Dumb and Dumber To role
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 flies up one week on Fox’s release calendar
- Food puns abound on new Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 posters
Read More »
The 2012 sleeper hit Sinister is officially getting a sequel, according to Deadline. Co-written by former Ain’t It Cool News writer C. Robert Cargill and director Scott Derrickson, the horror film starred Ethan Hawke as a crime novelist who discovers a box of disturbing movies in his attic and is haunted by their visions.
Made for just $3 million, Sinister grossed almost $80 million worldwide, which has given producer Jason Blum‘s Blumhouse Productions confidence to move ahead with a follow-up. Cargill and Derrickson are expected to write it but a new director will be hired. Sinister 2 would be mark a third small-budget franchise from Blumhouse, which is also behind Paranormal Activity and Insidious. (Though it isn’t in the micro-budget range of the PA films.) But how exactly could the Sinister franchise continue? Read More »