Posted on Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether your idea of fun is G-rated college kids or hard-R strippers, there’s something in today’s Sequel Bits for you. After the jump:
- Jessica Alba promises to do more dancing in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- … while Robert Rodrigez comments on Dennis Haysbert replacing Michael Clarke Duncan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger explains why his age won’t be an issue in The Legend of Conan
- Screenwriter Craig Mazin talks about weathering criticism for The Hangover Part II
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation will be digitally remastered for a one-week IMAX 3D release
- See some cute international posters and a new setting for Monsters University
- Vin Diesel and Karl Urban face off once again in the newest Riddick still
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, January 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is well into the production process by this point, but details on casting and plot are continuing to emerge. During a recent interview at Sundance, director Robert Rodriguez confirmed that Bruce Willis would be returning to reprise the role of Hartigan, as has been rumored for some time now. In addition, he spilled a few more details on Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s character and the kind of trouble he gets up to in the new film. Hit the jump for more.
Read More »
Briefly: As if the cast for Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For wasn’t impressive enough, three more stars have been added: a Goodfella, Catwoman’s accomplice and Ari Gold. Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Jeremy Piven have been cast in the film joining the likes of Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dennis Haysbert and Jamie Chung.
Who exactly each will play, or exactly how large each role is, remains unclear. But when the sequel to the 2005 film hits on September 13, they’ll be there. [The Playlist]
Briefly: Very few things about filming a Robert Rodriguez movie are similar to your standard, effects-laden blockbuster. Case in point: his October 2013 film Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. The sequel to the 2005 film brings back most of the cast of the original (such as Jessica Alba and Mickey Rourke) with several new additions. The movie has been filming in Rodriguez’s Austin studios for several months. As usual, Rodriguez does everything in house and on his own.
Production is now coming back from a holiday break and even though much of the film has already been shot, major casting continues. Monday, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was revealed to be joining the film and Tuesday, Christopher Meloni (Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Man of Steel) joined the cast. Beyond the fact that the character is a cop we aren’t sure exactly who he’s playing, but the role is said to be one of the leads. [Deadline]
Update: Josh Brolin has been confirmed to play Dwight, the character played in Sin City by Clive Owen. Details of that are after the break. Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 7th, 2013 by Angie Han
It seems no one in Hollywood can make a big-budget movie these days without sitting down with Joseph Gordon-Levitt at some point or other. In the past few months, he’s been rumored for Warner Bros.’ Justice League and tested for Guardians of the Galaxy. Just hours ago, we learned he’d actually been offered (and turned down) Gareth Edward’s Godzilla. Now Dimension Films has announced that he’s signed on for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s long-awaited comic book sequel. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Very few men could step into the very big shoes left by late actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who passed away earlier this year. In 2005, the actor best know for his work in The Green Mile and Armageddon played a bad-ass bodyguard in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s film Sin City, which is currently shooting a sequel, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Duncan’s role, Manute, plays a part in the film and unfortunately, his passing has forced the director to recast. Their choice is a great one, though: the former TV President of the United States, insurance spokesman and power-hitting Indian, Dennis Haysbert. Read the official statement and what the role will entail after the jump. Read More »