Very few men could step into the very big shoes left by late actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who passed away earlier this year. In 2005, the actor best know for his work in The Green Mile and Armageddon played a bad-ass bodyguard in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s film Sin City, which is currently shooting a sequel, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Duncan’s role, Manute, plays a part in the film and unfortunately, his passing has forced the director to recast. Their choice is a great one, though: the former TV President of the United States, insurance spokesman and power-hitting Indian, Dennis Haysbert. Read the official statement and what the role will entail after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
As soon as Robert Rodriguez finished filming Machete Kills, he jumped right into his next movie. That movie is Sin City 2, aka Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, which began filming on Monday with two actresses familiar with the genre. Jaime King is returning for the sequel, playing the sister of her character from the first movie, and Jamie Chung is playing the role Devon Aoki had in the 2005 original.
Rodriguez is co-directing once again with Frank Miller, who wrote the original comics and, once again, the movie will consist of multiple stories. However, unlike the original movie, one of the stories in the sequel is brand new and written specifically for the film. A Dame to Kill For is scheduled for release October 4, 2013. Read more after the jump. Read More »
A nugget of hope for what would be the most anticipated sequel of all time is just one of the many things in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- Tim Burton and Winona Ryder didn’t sound enthused about Beetlejuice 2.
- Take a peek at the Reaping stage from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and read where the beach scenes will be filmed.
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For just picked up international distribution.
- Jude Law says Sherlock Holmes 3 is more a matter of “when” and not “if.”
- Rian Johnson answers the big question: Will there be a sequel to Looper?
- J.K. Rowling said she’d do another Harry Potter book if she had a “great idea.”
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
None of these updates are all that major, but there are a lot of them so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum won’t direct Magic Mike 2 just yet
- Stephen King‘s The Shining (book) sequel gets dated
- Jude Law is totally up for more Sherlock Holmes
- Karen Allen reiterates Indy 5 is up to George Lucas
- Seth MacFarlane is “thinking about” a sequel to Ted
- Men in Black 3 and the trilogy hit Blu-ray / DVD this fall
- Rosario Dawson says Sin City 2 will shoot in November
- Super Troopers 2 hits legal trouble; Pot Quest still simmering
Read More »
What to learn some really cool behind the scenes secrets from The Avengers? Has Michael Shannon seen footage from Man of Steel and how did it look? Why is Christopher Nolan caught up in a lawsuit? When might you be able to buy The Avengers DVD box set? Which major Marvel character could cameo in Thor: The Dark World and has an Olympic medalist joined The Wolverine? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
There’s so much in this edition of Sequel Bits it’s insane. Let’s get going. After the jump read about the following:
- David Fincher is still figuring out how to make The Girl Who Played With Fire.
- Ron Perlman still has no idea when Hellboy 3 might happen.
- A new image from Paranormal Activity 4 has been released.
- Frank Marshall said “all possibilities are open” if the Bourne franchise continues.
- Andy Nyman has been cast as The Tumor in Kick-Ass 2.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was voted the most disappointing film of all time.
- NBA superstar LeBron James tweeted that he’d love to make Space Jam 2.
- Lake Placid: The Final Chapter, starring Robert Englund, premieres next month.
- Check out photos of Jessica Alba preparing for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is full of fighters, whether they be well-meaning brutes, cuddly panda bears, starving teenagers, or ’80s action stars. After the jump:
- Jennifer Lawrence will make a whole lot of money for Catching Fire
- Mickey Rourke is in talks to reprise play Marv again for Sin City 2
- DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda 3 will be a Chinese co-production
- Broken Lizard guy says Super Troopers 2 could shoot this year
- Expendables 2 brings you a motorcycle crashing into a chopper
- Frank Marshall still has no plans for more Back to the Future
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 by Angie Han
No, it wasn’t just you — Men in Black 3, entertaining as it was, made no sense at all. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that starting the shoot without a completed sequel did not help. Also after the jump:
- Robert Rodriguez talks up Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- G.I. Joe toys pulled from shelves after Retaliation shifts release date
- Nick Frost talks possible Snow White and the Huntsman sequels
- Don’t worry, Robert Pattinson has not been offered Catching Fire
Read More »