Briefly: As if the cast for Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For wasn’t impressive enough, three more stars have been added: a Goodfella, Catwoman’s accomplice and Ari Gold. Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Jeremy Piven have been cast in the film joining the likes of Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dennis Haysbert and Jamie Chung.
Who exactly each will play, or exactly how large each role is, remains unclear. But when the sequel to the 2005 film hits on September 13, they’ll be there. [The Playlist]
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: Very few things about filming a Robert Rodriguez movie are similar to your standard, effects-laden blockbuster. Case in point: his October 2013 film Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. The sequel to the 2005 film brings back most of the cast of the original (such as Jessica Alba and Mickey Rourke) with several new additions. The movie has been filming in Rodriguez’s Austin studios for several months. As usual, Rodriguez does everything in house and on his own.
Production is now coming back from a holiday break and even though much of the film has already been shot, major casting continues. Monday, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was revealed to be joining the film and Tuesday, Christopher Meloni (Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Man of Steel) joined the cast. Beyond the fact that the character is a cop we aren’t sure exactly who he’s playing, but the role is said to be one of the leads. [Deadline]
Update: Josh Brolin has been confirmed to play Dwight, the character played in Sin City by Clive Owen. Details of that are after the break. Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 7th, 2013 by Angie Han
It seems no one in Hollywood can make a big-budget movie these days without sitting down with Joseph Gordon-Levitt at some point or other. In the past few months, he’s been rumored for Warner Bros.’ Justice League and tested for Guardians of the Galaxy. Just hours ago, we learned he’d actually been offered (and turned down) Gareth Edward’s Godzilla. Now Dimension Films has announced that he’s signed on for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s long-awaited comic book sequel. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
Very few men could step into the very big shoes left by late actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who passed away earlier this year. In 2005, the actor best know for his work in The Green Mile and Armageddon played a bad-ass bodyguard in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s film Sin City, which is currently shooting a sequel, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Duncan’s role, Manute, plays a part in the film and unfortunately, his passing has forced the director to recast. Their choice is a great one, though: the former TV President of the United States, insurance spokesman and power-hitting Indian, Dennis Haysbert. Read the official statement and what the role will entail after the jump. Read More »
As soon as Robert Rodriguez finished filming Machete Kills, he jumped right into his next movie. That movie is Sin City 2, aka Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, which began filming on Monday with two actresses familiar with the genre. Jaime King is returning for the sequel, playing the sister of her character from the first movie, and Jamie Chung is playing the role Devon Aoki had in the 2005 original.
Rodriguez is co-directing once again with Frank Miller, who wrote the original comics and, once again, the movie will consist of multiple stories. However, unlike the original movie, one of the stories in the sequel is brand new and written specifically for the film. A Dame to Kill For is scheduled for release October 4, 2013. Read more after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A nugget of hope for what would be the most anticipated sequel of all time is just one of the many things in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- Tim Burton and Winona Ryder didn’t sound enthused about Beetlejuice 2.
- Take a peek at the Reaping stage from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and read where the beach scenes will be filmed.
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For just picked up international distribution.
- Jude Law says Sherlock Holmes 3 is more a matter of “when” and not “if.”
- Rian Johnson answers the big question: Will there be a sequel to Looper?
- J.K. Rowling said she’d do another Harry Potter book if she had a “great idea.”
Read More »