Here’s the first Sin City: A Dame to Kill For trailer, from Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Nine years after the release of the first film, the duo has created a sequel that once again splashes Miller’s distinct visual style on the screen. Blending some of Miller’s previously published stories with new material, the film has a giant cast (of course) and appears to be just as grim and relentless as the first. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, February 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
We haven’t heard much about Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For as of late, but today there’s some new material to feast our eyes on.
They include our very first look at original character Johnny (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), who just looks like he’s having the worst day of his life; plus new images of Marv (Mickey Rourke), as rough and tough as ever, and Nancy (Jessica Alba), no longer the innocent damsel in distress. Check ‘em all out after the jump.
Update: We’ve added higher quality pics after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
There’s a lot of attention on the indie world right now, what with the Sundance Film Festival kicking off, but there’s plenty of news coming from the big studio sequel front, too. After the jump:
- Kenneth Branagh hopes for a sequel to Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
- Rosario Dawson also wishes the Sin City sequel had happened sooner
- Lucasfilm Singapore is working on Transformers and Avengers
- New plot details are revealed for Paranormal Activity 5
- Here’s how you can enter to be an extra in The Purge 2
- Danny Glover and Danny Trejo are badasses in the Bad Asses trailer
- 300: Rise of an Empire gets a stabby new poster and an online game
- Astrid poses with Stormfly in a How to Train Your Dragon 2 poster
Read More »
Posted on Saturday, January 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Jurassic World has been picking up a pretty great cast, but one person we shouldn’t expect to see in it is original Jurassic Park star Sam Neill. Also after the jump:
- The website for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For has launched
- Zach Gilford slips a few plot details about The Purge 2
- Uwe Boll and Brendan Fletcher will go on another Rampage
- Spike Lee and Ray Allen have discussed a He Got Game sequel
- Sarah Jessica Parker thinks SATC has “one last chapter to tell”
- Stephen Moyer hints at a True Blood movie sequel, maybe
Read More »
This first teaser poster for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, from Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, is mostly of interest because it confirms the title, which has been the subject of some speculation in the past few months. This was the original title, based on Frank Miller’s comic book storyline. But a bit of sales art seen a while back at the American Film Market suggested the title had been changed to A Dame to Die For. Now we know otherwise. Read More »
Want to see a new image from The Amazing Spider-Man 2? How about a clip from Arrow showing the origin of The Flash? What did Paul Rudd say when asked about Ant-Man? Which villain wrote the latest Amazing Spider-Man 2 viral posting? Does James Mardsen want to come back for X-Men: Apocalypse? Has pre-production started on Batman vs. Superman? Did the title of Sin City 2 actually change? Is it possible to make a good Superman video game? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Three major films have some not so major updates: two sets of casting rumors and a small title change. After the jump, read about the following:
- A few names, including Emilia Clarke and Garrett Hedlund have been mentioned to possibly be up for Sarah and John Connor in Terminator 5.
- Here we go again. Jonah Hill and Emma Stone‘s names have been mentioned again regarding Ghostbusters 3.
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For has reportedly been renamed Sin City: A Dame to Die For.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
You know how we’ve all been clamoring for a Showgirls sequel? Well, too bad, because we’re getting one anyway. Kind of. Also after the jump:
- Watch a clip from the direct-to-DVD sequel Curse of Chucky
- Paul Greengrass confirms that he has not signed on for more Bourne
- Lady Gaga will drop by Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Pretty girls and scary weapons abound in new Machete Kills pics
- See two new stills from the Rurouni Kenshin sequels landing next summer
- Kelsey Grammer chats Transformers 4, and a new set video surfaces
Read More »