The awakening is coming, can you feel it? We are now 7 days away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s Force Awakens Bits:
- A look inside the Star Wars writers room.
- J.J. Abrams and Daisy Ridley on whether you should see the film in 3D, 2D or IMAX.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens has already been shortlisted for an Oscar.
- Harrison Ford says Han Solo’s lines in The Force Awakens trailers aren’t what they seem.
- In India, Force Awakens could be upstaged by Bollywood holdovers.
- Learn about Harrison Ford‘s contributions to the script.
- NASA says BB-8 isn’t well designed.
- Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy explains George Lucas‘ involvement with Force Awakens and the future of Star Wars.
All that and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Hollywood has been trying to remake the science fiction film Logan’s Run for a long time now. So long that we’ve written about it over 20 times on /Film over the past 10 years.
X-Men series helmer Bryan Singer was originally on board to reboot the concept in 2005 , before dropping out for Superman Returns. Commercial director Joseph Kosinski briefly entertained the idea of directing the film before finding Tron Legacy over at Disney. Carl Erik Rinsch was developing the remake with Sunshine/28 Days Later screenwriter Alex Garland, but moved on to 47 Ronin. Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn developed the project as a Ryan Gosling vehicle for a year and a half with two writers (Andrew Baldwin and Will Beall). After Gosling and Refn dropped out, Bioshock creator Ken Levine was hired to get the long-in-the-works reboot on track.
In July, Simon Kinberg was the latest person to be brought on board to try to get the project going again. Kinberg, who already has his hands pretty full with the Star Wars and X-Men universes, is writing a treatment for the sci-fi remake, which he hopes to produce alongside Joel Silver (who has been on the project from the beginning of this whole development cycle). Kinberg reveals his vision for a Logan’s Run franchise and gives an update on the search for a director, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Is Justice League Dark moving forward or what? How much could Avengers: Infinity War cost? Want another look at Batman v Superman‘s Batmobile? How about a first look at The Flash‘s Zoom? What’s the main challenge of adapting Captain Marvel? How are Daredevil and Jessica Jones advertising at New York Comic-Con? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits we’ll take a look at the following:
- The date and location of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens world premiere
- The Disney logo/fanfare will not play before Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Is the rumor that Star Wars: The Force Awakens won’t screen early for press a bad sign?
- What color lightsaber would Benicio del Toro have?
- Star Wars producer Simon Kinberg on secrets, strong female characters and Bob Iger‘s involvement.
- R2 Builders have launched the BB-8 Builders Club
- And the above art is Niel Brady’s submission to the Star Wars Art Awakens fan art contest.
All that and more in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
Any way you slice it, Josh Trank‘s Fantastic Four was a bomb. Not only was it the second biggest flop of the summer, it got the worst reviews of any Marvel movie ever — from critics and audiences. And the film’s troubles began long before it hit screens, based on all the reports of behind-the-scenes drama.
But it’s still a valuable IP, and so in spite of all that bad buzz, Fox is pressing onward with a sequel. Producer Simon Kinberg says he’s “really focused” on making a Fantastic Four 2 happen with the same cast. Star Kate Mara, on the other hand, sounds more skeptical. Read the Fantastic Four 2 Simon Kinberg and Kate Mara comments after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Have the current Disneyland Star Wars Land plans been rejected by the Disney board?
- Disney head Bob Iger tries to temper huge box office expectations for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Exclusive extras to come with Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Disney Infinity bundles at select retailers.
- Simon Kinberg describes how the brain trust plots the new Star Wars films
- TOYS “R” US will host a Midnight “Force Friday” Celebration
- The header image is a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Apoca Star Destroyer on Jakku created by KevFett2011 with 12,000 lego bricks
- Possible Spoilers: A new rumor claims an iconic Star Wars character might be getting a Force Awakens action figure — even if this is true, does it mean anything for the film?
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
For every science-inspired film there’s at least one expert ready to grab headlines by talking about how that film’s science is all wrong. Sometimes the arguments are pedantic and tiring, but at best they’re interesting, and can be a good way to get some actual facts and theories out to a wide audience.
For example, there’s the fact that Antony, the winged ant used as a steed by Paul Rudd’s character in Ant-Man, is actually female. That fact comes from a great interview with a professor of biology who has a lot to say about ants, and the relationship of their on-screen depiction to real-world behavior.
Getting out in front of the whole “impossible science of Reed Richards” discussions, Fox has recruited Michio Kaku for a set of Fantastic Four science videos that discuss the actual science and theories behind some of the concepts seen in the film, and the comics that inspired it. Read More »
Simon Kinberg is turning back to some classic film science fiction. A new version of Logan’s Run has been in development for years, with various directors (including Nicolas Winding Refn and Kinberg’s X-Men compatriot Bryan Singer) attached to make the film at different times. There’s a constant allure to the property, which depicts a futuristic society in which life is forcibly ended at 30.
Now Kinberg, whose plate is already pretty crowded with writing and producing superhero movies at Fox and writing and producing Star Wars Rebels and a Star Wars Anthology film, is writing a new treatment for Logan’s Run at Warner Bros., which he will produce with Joel Silver. Read More »
These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »