Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
As Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation heads into next spring and Universal’s Ted moves up into G.I. Joe‘s old date, Fox is making a few edits of their own to the upcoming release calendar. Ang Lee‘s Life of Pi has been shifted away from hyper-competitive late December to Thanksgiving weekend, while the Wedding Crashers quasi-reunion The Internship has landed on a summer 2013 date. Read more details after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Almost one year ago to the day, Brett Ratner took over from Steven Spielberg to helm a property Spielberg championed way back in 2008: The 39 Clues. Ratner had been actively developing the film for the past year, but apparently he’s now out and the incredibly busy Shawn Levy is on board to direct.
Based on the an 11-book series, The 39 Clues follows two children who find out they’re part of the most famous family in history, with a lineage that includes Napoleon and Houdini. The pair then sets out on a global treasure hunt to find 39 clues, ingredients to a potion which will create the most powerful person in the world. Read more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
Happy Friday! Today’s Sequel Bits involves three comedies of varying degrees of hilarity, plus a spooky-sounding book. After the jump:
- David Wain can’t guarantee a sequel to Wet Hot American Summer 2, but he’s working on it
- Ed Helms doesn’t really know when The Hangover Part III will get going
- Shawn Levy could “very possibly” be directing Night at the Museum 3
- Stephen King reads the first chapter of Dr. Sleep, a sequel to The Shining
Read More »
Lots of sequel news today so let’s get right to it. After the jump, read about the following:
- Shawn Levy gives an update on a sequel to Real Steel.
- There’s already been talk of a third Ghost Rider according to directors Neveldine and Taylor, who are also still considering Crank 3D.
- Latino Review has revealed some major plot points in Taken 2.
- Fox is still moving ahead with a Waiting to Exhale sequel after the death of Whitney Houston.
- Steven Spielberg says Peter Jackson will be starting production on The Adventures of Tintin 2 this year.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wedding Crashers may have taken off because of its endless quotability — I remember a period in the mid-aughts when I couldn’t have a conversation with a college classmate without the film getting referenced at least once — but the reason it remains so watchable today has to do with leads Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson and their easygoing, lived-in chemistry.
Now, seven years later, the pals are set to reunite for Interns, a comedy penned by Vaughn. Vaughn’s Neighborhood Watch producer Shawn Levy is set to helm the picture for Fox. More details after the jump.
Read More »
While James Cameron is hard at work perfecting Titanic 3D and writing Avatar 2 and 3, he’s also producing a number of other projects including a 3D reboot of Fantastic Voyage. The film has been in development for some years with several A-List directors attached, the latest being Shawn Levy (Real Steel). However, Levy just added Frankenstein and Pinocchio to his dance card, which made it seem like Fantastic Voyage was dead once again. Not the case says the mega-producer.
After the jump, read Cameron’s latest remarks on the remake of the 1966 film about a team of scientists shrunken down to explore the human body. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 21st, 2011 by Angie Han
Good things are happening to good people in today’s TV Bits, which sees new sitcoms in the works for Conan O’Brien, Judy Greer, and Mandy Moore, among others. After the jump:
- TBS orders a sitcom from Conan O’Brien
- ABC develops new projects with Judy Greer, Mandy Moore, and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry
- The CW buys a thriller from Easy A scribe Bert V Royal
- CBS yanks the already-cancelled How to Be a Gentleman from its Saturday lineup
- Watch the first 9 minutes of ABC’s Once Upon a Time
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: Shawn Levy‘s Real Steel was the box-office champ for a second weekend in a row, so it’s no surprise to see him set up with a new high-concept project. Fox has picked up a script called The Three Misfortunes of Geppetto, by Michael Vukadinovich, which is a prequel to the story told in Pinocchio. (Didn’t Fox learn anything from the returns and reviews for The Thing this weekend?)
Shawn Levy is now attached to direct the film, called “a fresh way into the Pinocchio story.” Read More »