It’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits, this time with casting updates, an interview and updates on developing sequels. After the jump, here’s what we’ve got for you to check out:
- Nathan Lee Graham is coming back for Zoolander 2
- Sean Astin gives an update on Goonies 2
- Regina Hall & Nicki Minaj join the cast of Barbershop 3
- Paul Feig talks a bit more about his Ghostbusters reboot
- Ben Whishaw hints at a sequel to Paddington
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Warner Bros. live action superhero film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, doesn’t hit theaters until March 2016 but the animated equivalent will be here a year earlier. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis will hit Blu-ray and DVD in early 2015 and serves as a sequel to the film Justice League: War. All of the WB Animation DC films share the same universe and, in this latest film, Aquaman teams up with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Shazam and others to battle a threat from under the sea. Check out the first full Justice League Throne of Atlantis trailer here. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Everyone wants to make a sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. It’s just that some of these sequels are less theoretical than others. After the jump:
- Eva Green responds to her Sin City poster rejection
- Sean Astin feels optimistic about The Goonies 2
- Zach Galligan wants in on the Gremlins reboot
- Angelina Jolie will “maybe” play Maleficent again
- Insurgent adds Daniel Dae Kim and two others
- Fast & Furious 7 welcomes musician Romeo Santos
- Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster get close in a new pic
- Get your groove on with a new Step Up All In trailer
Read More »
As a huge fan of the original Goonies, I was as confused as anyone when director Richard Donner chose TMZ as the outlet to say a sequel was coming. Thankfully, I wasn’t the only one. Stars Corey Feldman and Sean Astin were both surprised when Donner came out to talk about The Goonies sequel.
Now, in a new interview, you can watch Feldman and Astin discuss it amongst themselves. Astin says original screenwriter Chris Columbus is back in some capacity and that producers are “actively trying to secure a writer based on an outline that they feel really confident about.” Watch the full video below. Read More »
The Strain, the vampire novel co-authored by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan that birthed a series of books, is going to be a series on FX, with del Toro scripting and directing the pilot. As the show movies forward, Carlton Cuse will act as show runner working with a cast that includes Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Mia Maestro, Sean Astin, and Kevin Durand.
(Actually, the original idea for The Strain was meant for a TV show, but del Toro ended up taking it to the page first, and now it has worked its way back to television.)
The first teaser for the show aired this past weekend during The Walking Dead, but if you weren’t tuned in for that mid-series finale, check out the teaser spot below. Even if you were tuned in, you might not have realized what the strange spot was, as there’s really no indication that it is for The Strain. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, December 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV bits is stuffed to the brim with new project announcements, casting notices, trailers, and much more. After the jump:
- Mike Judge and Scott Rudin team for Silicon Valley at HBO
- FX is adapting J. Michael Feldman‘s show Fairy Tale Theater
- Goonies co-stars Sean Astin and Corey Feldman reunite on TMNT
- The Newsroom casts someone to play a Romney campaign staffer
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser in TNT’s spy drama Legends
- The CW gives freshman drama series Cult a February premiere date
- Jon Hamm and John Slattery direct more episodes of Mad Men
- Is Doctor Who uniting all 11 Doctors for an anniversary special?
- How would you like to create a title sequence for A&E’s Bates Motel?
- Read an in-depth oral history of beloved cult classic Freaks & Geeks
- Hannah fails to get a job in a deleted scene from Season 1 of Girls
- Laura Dern has big plans in the Enlightened Season 2 teaser
- See a teaser for the Beyonce-directed documentary about Beyonce
- Check out a production video from the Game of Thrones set
- Showtime offers up a teaser for season 6 of Californication
Read More »
Well my interest in Cabin Fever: Patient Zero was just piqued. The first of two planned sequels to Eli Roth’s 2002 film has added three actors, once of which is Sean Astin, the star of The Goonies, Toy Soliders, Rudy and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He’ll be joined by Brando Eaton (Dexter) and Ben Hollingsworth (The Jonses) in the viral outbreak horror film. Filming is scheduled to start August 13 under director Kaare Andrews from a script by Jake Wade Hall. Read more below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
Michael Bay’s live-action movie version of the Ninja Turtles may be on hold for now, but a small-screen iteration of the heroes in a half-shell are just around the corner — and this one even keeps their “Teenage Mutant” roots, so I bet a lot of you already like it better than you do Bay’s movie.
Nickelodeon’s updated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series is gearing up for a fall launch, and as such has just dropped an official trailer to air on Nickelodeon and Nick.com this week. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
I think it’s fair to say that we at /Film have been pretty thorough in our coverage of Sam Raimi’s Wizard of Oz prequel Oz: The Great and Powerful, reporting on every last Bruce Campbell cameo and black-and-white prologue. But in our excitement over that film, we’ve apparently overlooked another, unrelated project that also takes inspiration from L. Frank Baum‘s much-loved fantasy world.
Titled Dorothy and the Witches of Oz, Leigh Scott‘s low-budget sorta-sequel stars Paulie Rojas as successful NYC-based children’s author Dorothy Gale, who learns that her Oz adventures weren’t imagined, but real. Christopher Lloyd, Sean Astin, Ethan Embry, and Billy Boyd also star. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »