Last week saw a motherload of Star Wars rumors, spoilers and discussion hitting the internet. Things have cooled down considerably over the weekend, but there’s still lots going on. Below, read about the following.
- Are the Star Wars board games affected by Star Wars Episode VII?
- The same old rumor of the original Star Wars Trilogy coming to Blu-ray is back.
- Check out a fan rendering of a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper and some new rumors.
- Read an interview with Adam Driver about starring in Episode VII, his schedule and Harrison Ford‘s injuries.
- A new photo of Tatooine from Star Wars Episode VII has leaked, as well as photos inside the Millennium Falcon.
- Read a possible description of a Daisy Ridley outfit in the film.
- See the cover for the Star Wars Rebels mini-movie, Spark of Rebellion, and watch a new Chopper video.
- John Boyega meets Samuel L. Jackson, Jackson calls him a Jedi.
- See a bunch of new creatures and ships from Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch the panel for the book Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- More Star Wars Episode VII rumors including the Luke Skywalker timeline.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, August 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
Samuel L. Jackson is using his time off from Avengers-corralling duty to get back into contract killing. He’s just signed on to play the title role in The Black Phantom, one of two hitmen who form an unlikely bond. The other one will be played by Kevin Hart. Hit the jump for all the details.
Read More »
When the first photo posted of the initial grouping of cast members for Star Wars: Episode VII, some critics quickly jumped on the film for only adding one new female role. Those who were paying any attention, however, saw that the leaked Star Wars casting breakdowns featured multiple roles for women. The trade papers did their homework, and hours later reported that two more female roles were yet to be cast. Today those actresses were announced. (You can read about that here.)
With so much negative second-guessing and uninformed ranting about a story and characters we don’t even know anything about yet, I thought I’d point out something positive.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Like pretty much every handsome British actor of a certain age, Colin Firth has occasionally been rumored for the James Bond role. And while he never did get to play 007, he does finally get an opportunity to play a 007-type in Matthew Vaughn‘s upcoming Kingsman: The Secret Service.
Formerly just titled The Secret Service, the Mark Millar adaptation centers around a British intelligence agent (Firth) who grooms his street-smart nephew (Taron Egerton) to join him in the trade. Also starring are Michael Caine as the head of the spy organization, and Samuel L. Jackson as the villain. The first Kingsman: The Secret Service poster and images have just hit the web, and you can check them out after the jump.
Read More »
There’s little to go on here, and the news is far from confirmed, but one persistent seeker of big studio news says that Fox is meeting with writers for pitches on a new Die Hard script. No real surprise there. While the last film sucked, it made some money, and Bruce Willis has said he would play the role of John McClane again. The big news, assuming this report is correct, is that for Die Hard 6 Fox wants to reunite Willis with his Die Hard With a Vengeance co-star, Samuel L. Jackson. Read More »
A few characters from Marvel’s big-screen adventures have shown upon the Agents of SHIELD TV show during the course of the first season run. Now, with the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier playing directly upon the conclusion of this season, at least one actor has revealed an appearance in the Agents of SHIELD finale. Get the info after the break — or at least as much as the actor is willing to divulge. Read More »
One of the biggest easter eggs in Captain America: The Winter Soldier has to do with Pulp Fiction. Yes, the 1994 Quentin Tarantino masterpiece. Towards the end of the film there’s a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it reference to the film that either gets huge laughs from an audience, or total silence if they don’t have time to figure it out.
Where exactly this happens is a bit of a spoiler so, below, we’ll describe it and let directors Anthony and Joe Russo tell you how this Pulp Fiction Captain America reference came to be. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, March 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
Frozone will be back with his BFF for the Incredibles sequel, according to Samuel L. Jackson. Also after the jump:
- Logan Lerman says Percy Jackson 3 is “not happening”
- Jonny Weston is signing on for Taken 3
- Jurassic World will be shooting at the Honolulu Zoo
- Peter Jackson is putting the final touches on the final Hobbit film
- The Conjuring franchise could be stalled by a lawsuit
- See the How to Train Your Dragon 2 score being recorded
- Cameras are rolling once more on Fast & Furious 7
- Sharknado 2 gets a poster and a premiere date
- Peek behind the scenes of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- A Haunted House 2 has a red-band trailer to share
Read More »