Want to hear Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje talk at length about Thor: The Dark World? How about some examples of Anthony Mackie talking Captain America: The Winter Soldier? What would happen if Iron Man got unleashed in the world of Grand Theft Auto IV? Is Iron Man 3 going back to do some reshoots? Which Hellboy star is lending his voice to Green Lantern: The Animated Series? Will Marvel be releasing an all-female X-Men comic book? Does Henry Cavill say his life has already changed starring in Man of Steel? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Here’s the first trailer for Guillermo del Toro‘s “giant monsters versus giant robots” film Pacific Rim. We’ve seen blueprints of the robots, and an early bit of video showing a monster attack, but unless you were at Comic Con you haven’t seen anything like this footage yet.
While I wasn’t as bowled over at Comic Con as some other people were, this is pushing every button for me right now. The scope, the details, even the GLaDOS appearance/homage. (I can see why people might not like that detail, as it creates a distracting intersection with Portal, but right now I love it.)
Pacific Rim looks like the movie that many others have tried and failed to make, from Emmerich’s Godzilla (a big failure) to Bay’s Transformers series, which got closer. I hope Guillermo del Toro’s effort works as well as a whole, as this trailer does in a couple minutes.
Read More »
There’s so much in this edition of Sequel Bits it’s insane. Let’s get going. After the jump read about the following:
- David Fincher is still figuring out how to make The Girl Who Played With Fire.
- Ron Perlman still has no idea when Hellboy 3 might happen.
- A new image from Paranormal Activity 4 has been released.
- Frank Marshall said “all possibilities are open” if the Bourne franchise continues.
- Andy Nyman has been cast as The Tumor in Kick-Ass 2.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was voted the most disappointing film of all time.
- NBA superstar LeBron James tweeted that he’d love to make Space Jam 2.
- Lake Placid: The Final Chapter, starring Robert Englund, premieres next month.
- Check out photos of Jessica Alba preparing for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
As August inches to an end, the days of having nothing to watch on TV (well — nothing but Breaking Bad) are about to come to an end. After the jump:
- Game of Thrones casts Daario Naharis and Grey Worm
- Malcolm McDowell will teach History 101 at Greendale
- Michael J. Fox‘s new sitcom lands at NBC for Fall 2013
- New Dexter promo image says he’ll try not to kill Debra
- Elderly matriarchs bicker in new Downton Abbey clips
- Watch another American Horror Story Season 2 teaser
- Jax and Clay chat in the Sons of Anarchy Season 5 trailer
- A picnic day takes a bad turn in the new teaser for Fringe
- Speaking of which, John Noble is back to work on Fringe
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
If the title character of 3, 2, 1… Frankie Go Boom looks damn close to blowing a fuse, well, you might too if you had to put up with his problems. Played by Charlie Hunnam, Frankie is an aspiring novelist who’s spent his entire life suffering humiliation at the hands of his ne’er-do-well big brother Bruce (Chris O’Dowd).
When Bruce finally gets sober, Frankie hopes things will have changed between them. But sobriety hasn’t made Bruce any less of an asshole, and he secretly films Frankie having an awkward one-night stand. Soon, the brothers find themselves on an epically strange and desperate journey to keep the tape from falling into the wrong hands. Lizzy Caplan, Chris Noth, and Whitney Cummings also star, but it’s Hunnam’s Sons of Anarchy co-star Ron Perlman you’ll want to keep an eye out for. He’ll be the one stealing scenes in eyeshadow and a lacy satin slip. Really. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s a guy out there whose work almost every one of our readers knows, but very few people are likely to know his name. The guy in question is Charles de Lauzirika, and he has been one of the top DVD producers for many years, having worked on things like the Twin Peaks Gold Box, and the 5-disc Blade Runner Blu-ray restoration and release. In face, Lauzirika directed Dangerous Days, the documentary on that box set about Ridley Scott’s movie.
And how he’s made his first feature film. Crave stars Josh Lawson, Emma Lung, and Ron Perlman in a story that looks a bit like a mix of current sci-fi/superhero mythology and Death Wish. The trailer for Crave dropped during Comic Con, and it’s good stuff. You’ll get an idea of the film, but I walked away from this trailer with a lot more questions than I had going in, and I’m really curious to see where the movie goes. Check out the footage below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Sequel Bits is more badass than usual this time, with updates on skilled assassins, demonic heroes, costumed villains, and more. After the jump:
- Watch Bruce Willis on the set of A Good Day to Die Hard
- Alex Kurtzman talks about the villain’s central role in Star Trek 2
- Lindsay Lohan is in talks for a part in Scary Movie 5
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse won’t rape anyone in Kick-Ass 2
- Matt Damon isn’t convinced he’s needed for Bourne 5
- Guillermo del Toro still really, really wants to make Hellboy 3
Read More »
Posted on Saturday, July 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Although the Pacific Rim section of Legendary’s Hall H panel was attended by stars Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day, Rinko Kikuchi, and Ron Perlman, as is usually the case at Comic-Con, director Guillermo del Toro turned out to be the real star of the show.
The filmmaker spilled the beans about his highly anticipated “giant robots vs. giant monsters” film in his typically charming, foul-mouthed manner, including more details on the Kaiju (monsters) and the Jaegers (robots). In addition, we got our first taste of footage from the sci-fi epic. While I’m sorry to report that we don’t have a video embed for you at this point, hit the jump for a description of the footage, plus a rundown of highlights from the panel.
Read More »
Why did Ron Perlman recently dress up like Hellboy? Want to see behind the scenes photos of Christopher Nolan on the set of The Dark Knight Rises? Is there a way to get your phone synced up with Man of Steel content right now? Which problem occurred during the first Dark Knight Rises press screening? How much might Scarlett Johansson make when she returns for The Avengers 2? Did The Amazing Spider-Man have a good weekend at the box office? What honor was bestowed upon Christopher Nolan this weekend? And can you purchase Todd McFarlane‘s original art for Spider-Man #1? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »