Posted on Friday, October 9th, 2015 by Angie Han
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has just found itself a Beast. Ron Perlman is set to join the Harry Potter spinoff, which stars Eddie Redmayne as a British “magizoologist” in 1920s New York. More about the Fantastic Beasts Ron Perlman casting after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The “will they or won’t they” question about the creation of a third Hellboy movie is one that continues to come up as writer/director Guillermo del Toro moves through Crimson Peak and into a second Pacific Rim movie. The director hasn’t said anything else that inspires great optimism, and star Ron Perlman now seems to have little personal desire to make the movie.
Or, as Perlman said in a recent interview, “I don’t want to do Hellboy 3. It’s a pain in the ass to put that makeup on and take it off. But I feel we’re obligated to finish the story.” And now thanks to a new interview, we know something about del Toro’s Hellboy 3 story idea that juices up the actor enough that he might just do it, if someone was willing to pay. Read More »
Last year, the Best Picture nominated drama Selma chronicled a pivotal turn in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s, when the black citizens of the United States were struggling for basic rights and equality. This year we’ll see the start of the modern Gay Rights Movement in the drama Stonewall, and the first trailer has just arrived.
Independence Day and 2012 director Roland Emmerich takes a break from big sci-fi action to tell this true story of a community of young gays, lesbians and drag queens who begin a riot at the Stonewall Inn in New York City in an effort to begin a more active fight for their own rights and acceptance.
Watch the Stonewall trailer after the jump! Read More »
Given all the support Ron Perlman has given for a potential Hellboy 3, you might be surprised to hear he doesn’t actually want to make it. That’s an unexpected position, since the path of least resistance is to leave it alone and let it never happen. Two studios have already passed on making a sequel, first Columbia and then Universal. Yet Perlman keeps tweeting and rallying Comic-Con support. Find out why Ron Perlman doesn’t want to make Hellboy 3, after the jump
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
For years, Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman have been trying to get Hellboy 3 off the ground. But the hope fans had to see the sequel actually happen was delivered a crushing blow almost a year ago when del Toro said:
“I don’t think it will happen. Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from my side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.”
However, Perlman got our hopes up again earlier this month when he started rallying support for the sequel again on social media. And now he’s hinting that those efforts might have paid off. Read on to find our more about Hellboy 3. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
And now, some random sequel-related tidbits to usher you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Sorry, Princess Diaries 3 is not currently in the works
- Vin Diesel says The Last Witch Hunter 2 is happening
- Ron Perlman doesn’t want crowdfunding for Hellboy 3
- Preorder this Jurassic World limited edition gift set
- Revisit Jimmy Fallon‘s Jurassic World cameo
- Red Robin serves up a Terminator: Genisys burger
- Jay Baruchel shares a photo from the Goon sequel set
- Sinister 2 wishes everyone a happy Father’s Day
Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 5th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ron Perlman has been trying for years to make Hellboy 3 a reality, and even seven years later he isn’t giving up. The actor took to social media to rally fan support for his dream project. This time, he got co-stars Doug Jones, Selma Blair, and Jeffrey Tambor to chime in as well. See the Ron Perlman Hellboy 3 campaign after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits is brought to you by the number 3. After the jump:
- Yes, Ron Perlman still wants a Hellboy 3
- Jennifer Hudson teases Sex and the City 3
- Keegan-Michael Key will go on Vacation
- Simon McBurney chooses to accept M:I5
- Jeremy Renner is cool with Jason Bourne
- Star Trek 3 is headed to Seoul, South Korea
- More Hunger Games Mockingjay pics revealed
- Check out the new poster for (sigh) Tak3n
Read More »