Given all the support Ron Perlman has given for a potential Hellboy 3, you might be surprised to hear he doesn’t actually want to make it. That’s an unexpected position, since the path of least resistance is to leave it alone and let it never happen. Two studios have already passed on making a sequel, first Columbia and then Universal. Yet Perlman keeps tweeting and rallying Comic-Con support. Find out why Ron Perlman doesn’t want to make Hellboy 3, after the jump
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
For years, Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman have been trying to get Hellboy 3 off the ground. But the hope fans had to see the sequel actually happen was delivered a crushing blow almost a year ago when del Toro said:
“I don’t think it will happen. Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from my side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.”
However, Perlman got our hopes up again earlier this month when he started rallying support for the sequel again on social media. And now he’s hinting that those efforts might have paid off. Read on to find our more about Hellboy 3. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
And now, some random sequel-related tidbits to usher you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Sorry, Princess Diaries 3 is not currently in the works
- Vin Diesel says The Last Witch Hunter 2 is happening
- Ron Perlman doesn’t want crowdfunding for Hellboy 3
- Preorder this Jurassic World limited edition gift set
- Revisit Jimmy Fallon‘s Jurassic World cameo
- Red Robin serves up a Terminator: Genisys burger
- Jay Baruchel shares a photo from the Goon sequel set
- Sinister 2 wishes everyone a happy Father’s Day
Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 5th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ron Perlman has been trying for years to make Hellboy 3 a reality, and even seven years later he isn’t giving up. The actor took to social media to rally fan support for his dream project. This time, he got co-stars Doug Jones, Selma Blair, and Jeffrey Tambor to chime in as well. See the Ron Perlman Hellboy 3 campaign after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, October 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits is brought to you by the number 3. After the jump:
- Yes, Ron Perlman still wants a Hellboy 3
- Jennifer Hudson teases Sex and the City 3
- Keegan-Michael Key will go on Vacation
- Simon McBurney chooses to accept M:I5
- Jeremy Renner is cool with Jason Bourne
- Star Trek 3 is headed to Seoul, South Korea
- More Hunger Games Mockingjay pics revealed
- Check out the new poster for (sigh) Tak3n
Read More »
In theaters this Halloween will be a different sort of ghost story. The Book of Life is a film based on the images and stories about the Day of the Dead, and features a man, recently deceased, who hopes to journey back to the land of the living to be with the woman he loves. The real attraction in the film, which is directed by Jorge Gutierrez and produced by Guillermo del Toro, is the visual design. The lands beyond the living, as seen here, are just stunning to see; the colors and level of detail are almost overwhelming. Watch the Book of Life trailer below. Read More »
Briefly: Amazon’s next round of pilots includes a show from Whit Stillman (Metropolitan, The Last Days of Disco) and one directed by Marc Forster (World War Z, Quantum of Solace).
Whit Stillman’s show is The Cosmopolitans, which “follows a group of young American expatriates in Paris who are searching for love and friendship in a foreign city.” It stars Adam Brody and Chloe Sevigny , and will shoot in Paris starting this week. Brody previously appeared in Stillman’s most recent film, Damsels in Distress, while Sevigny was in The Last Days of Disco. Dree Hemingway and Shaun Evans also co-star.
Marc Forster isn’t as intimately connected to the drama Hand of God, but will direct the pilot. The show, written by Ben Watkins, stars Ron Perlman as “a hard-living judge who uses visions he believes are sent by God as leads in his vigilante mission to track down the rapist who destroyed his family.” Dana Delany will play Perlaman’s wife, and Garrett Dillahunt plays “a born-again sociopath with violent tendencies.”
Both pilots will appear on Amazon’s streaming service later this year, at which point viewers will be able to vote on the continuation of each story. [EW]
Posted on Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
Saving the world from a terrifying race of giant sea monsters is serious business. Making a movie about saving the world from a terrifying race of giant sea monsters appears to be a whole other matter.
Although the characters of Pacific Rim weren’t much given to smiling, giggling, or goofing off — they seemed pretty preoccupied with the whole “cancelling the apocalypse” thing — the cast and crew apparently found plenty of opportunities to laugh on set. Check out an adorable gag reel after the jump.
Read More »