The gang’s back, and they have a devious new leader in the three new trailers for next year’s Muppets Most Wanted. Kermit has been captured and replaced by the world’s most famous thief, Constantine. Will the Muppets figure it out? And how many cameos, to go along with leading roles from Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey and Ty Burrell, will it take to help them solve the case? Find out in the domestic, and two international, trailers below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
There are some major differences between the U.K. and U.S. TV industries. Like the fact that they call seasons “series” across the pond, or that said seasons / series tend to run fewer than ten episodes. But the desire to resurrect dead shows as movie sequels is apparently universal.
Ricky Gervais recently revived his The Office character David Brent for a web series titled Learn Guitar With David Brent. Now he’s revealed that he has still other plans for the character, including, he hopes, a feature film. Hit the jump to find out what Gervais has in store.
Read More »
Ricky Gervais burst onto the comedy scene with the original UK version of The Office, and in the years since that show his comedy has veered towards the savage. His propensity to argue his position as an atheist, and a few gigs such as his biting Golden Globes hosting duties, have overshadowed some of his other comedy.
Derek looks different, much more easy-going. (Not unlike Gervais’ other big new gig, the Muppets sequel.) In the new show, which aired in the UK earlier this year and is now heading to Netflix, Gervais plays a 49-year old man who works in a retirement home. And if this first trailer is any real indication of the show, it seems a lot more gentle than what we’ve come to expect from the actor. It’s a bit disorienting, to be honest. I mean, the tagline is “Kindness is Magic.”
Check out footage below. Read More »
Walt Disney Pictures has released the first teaser trailer for The Muppets sequel Muppets Most Wanted. Watch it now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
AMC’s keeping their fingers crossed that The Walking Dead will never, ever end. Also after the jump:
- Ricky Gervais‘ Derek comes to Netflix this fall
- ABC reveals plans to finish 666 Park Ave and Apt. 23
- Will Damon Wayans Jr. return to New Girl?
- Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain adds a Twilight star
- Emma Roberts boards American Horror Story
- Homeland gets some fresh faces
- First pics from Bonnie & Clyde revealed
- See teasers for Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire, and Clear History
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Let’s just dive right in. After the jump:
- Enlightened gets canned, CSI gets renewed
- A Once Upon a Time spinoff is in the works
- Fox is developing an O.J. Simpson series
- Is Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno?
- Adam Green‘s Holliston sets a return date
- American Horror Story gets a subtitle
- Sam Raimi will direct the Fox pilot Rake
- Adam Scott could’ve been Jim Halpert
- David Brent returns in The Office Revisited
- Game of Thrones gets a new promo and a GRRM cameo
- Hemlock Grove and Hannibal get twisted new trailers
- HBO reveals a teaser for Phillip Noyce‘s Mary and Martha
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
David Brent is coming back, as is Whose Line It Anyway? Also after the jump:
- Lee Pace, Angela Kinsey, Michael Ealy and more book pilots
- Entourage‘s Rhys Chorio will drop by Dexter next season
- Ron Livingston and Brian Geraghty join Boardwalk Empire
- FX’s Archer and Syfy’s Lost Girl get renewals
- Goodwin Games, Louis CK‘s new special get premiere dates
- The CW cancels 90210 and moves Cult to Fridays
- AMC confirms Scott Gimple as the new Walking Dead showrunner
- Dylan McDermott drops a hint about American Horror Story
- Most PaleyFest 2013 panels will stream live online
- Netflix announces the Flixies awards
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
I’m surely not the only person who is over the moon knowing a new Muppets movie is currently in production. The Muppets…Again! reunites director James Bobin with all your favorite Muppets, along with new stars Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey, Ty Burrell and Ray Liotta. It’s scheduled for release March 21, 2014.
The latest update is two-fold. First up, a video has surfaced showing Gervais on set, conversing with everyone’s favorite prawn Pepe. Next, Bobin has hired Louise Gold, the first female puppeteer on the original Muppet Show, to revive her character Annie Sue, a bitter rival of Miss Piggy. Check out the video and read more below. Read More »