With robots, parallel universes, technology run dangerously rampant, and an excellent group of five characters to watch as things get weird, the first season of Rick and Morty was one of the best science fiction shows on TV. Created by Justin Roiland (who voices both lead characters) and Dan Harmon, the series is like a super-twisted version of Back to the Future in which Doc is drunk, cocky, and astonishingly brilliant, and Marty is a shy and cautious kid.
With all that established, I’m hoping the second season will be the best sci-fi show on TV, full stop. The first big Rick and Morty S2 trailer is here, and you can watch below to see how crazy things might get. Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 29th, 2012 by Angie Han
NBC’s shaking things up, while its former employee Dan Harmon’s bouncing back on Adult Swim. After the jump:
- NBC doesn’t want that Dwight Schrute spinoff The Farm after all
- NBC decides to turn Up All Night into a multi-camera sitcom
- Adult Swim orders Dan Harmon‘s new animated comedy to series
- Chloë Sevigny signs up for A&E crime drama pilot Those Who Kill
- See Conan O’Brien hanging around the Arrested Development set
- Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! are renewed through 2015-16
- ABC gives full season orders to Scandal and The Neighbors
- AMC decides to renew Hell on Wheels for a third season
Read More »
Tomorrow is the upfront party/presentation for Adult Swim, and the company is unveiling a serious development slate. For fans of animation, weird high-concept shows and other esoterica, there might be a lot to dig into in the new set of projects being developed by the Williams Street gang.
But there are two worth highlighting for our regular readers. One is an animated series based on the Harold & Kumar movies. The other is a new half-hour animated show co-created by Community mastermind Dan Harmon. We might not see Harmon return to his signature show, but a new effort from him could be a great consolation prize.
All the details we have at this point are below. Read More »