This fall will mark three years since Wreck-It Ralph hit the big screen, and we’ve yet to hear any updates on progress towards making a sequel. Last we heard from composer Henry Jackman was that a story was in the works, but that’s all he could say.
As of now, we’re still not sure when the sequel will get off the ground, but it sounds like fans don’t need to be worried that it won’t happen. Wreck-It Ralph voice actor John C. Reilly recently appeared at the Galway Film Fleadh in Ireland, and confirmed that he’s signed on for a sequel to the video game based adventure.
Find out more about Wreck It Ralph 2 after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, June 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
The premise of Disney Animation’s Zootopia isn’t terribly hard to follow. It’s set in a sprawling metropolis built, run, and populated by non-human animals. But just in case you’re still confused, the first Zootopia teaser trailer lays it all out for you in winning, adorable fashion. Watch it after the jump. Read More »
Much like Pixar took off last year, Disney Animation is taking off this year. After a nice string of hits including the all-time animated champion, Frozen, Disney Animation isn’t releasing a film in 2015 but will be back in 2016. Their next movie is called Zootopia, a film they revealed at the D23 Expo back in 2013 set in a massive animal metropolis. It’ll be released on March 4, 2016, features the voices of Jason Bateman and Ginnifer Goodwin and though we’ve seen some concept art (like above) the first official look at the film’s main characters is now online. Check it out below. Read More »
During pre-production on Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph, the film’s director Rich Moore had four games in mind for the film: Fix-It Felix Jr., Hero’s Duty, Sugar Rush and Extreme Easy Living 2. The final game, sort of The Sims meets Grand Theft Auto, was deemed superfluous and shelved, possibly for a sequel or possibly forever. With the film now on DVD and Blu-ray, Disney has released a storyboarded deleted scene set inside Extreme Easy Living 2, giving an idea of what it would have been like. Check it out below, along with some quotes from the director about the game and why it was cut. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ever wonder what happened to Garlan Hulse? You remember — the twelve-year-old Fix-It Felix champ whose rise to fast fame was cut short when Kent Zborski smashed his record just weeks later? No, of course you don’t, because Hulse and Zborski never existed and Fix-It Felix Jr. is a made-up game from Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph. But if Hulse had been a real person, what might have happened to him after Zborski’ rendered him irrelevant?
In the King of Kong-esque mockumentary Garlan Hulse: Where Potential Lives, director Rich Moore “discovers” that the one-time child star has spiraled steadily downward in 30 years since, and now drifts between odd jobs to support his mother. But there is a glowing ray of hope coming up his path — Hulse has decided to reclaim his position as the Fix-It Felix Jr. record-setter. Watch the short film after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
If Sequel Bits has a mascot, it’s gotta be Bruce Willis. Guy has four sequels due out this year, and in this edition he talks about two of them, A Good Day to Die Hard and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. Also after the jump:
- Dirk the Daring and Angry Birds could be in Wreck-It Ralph 2
- James Wan continues casting for Insidious Chapter 2
- Hasbro will bring Jurassic Park 4 toys to shelves in 2014
- Nicholas McCarthy‘s indie horror The Pact is getting a sequel
- Andy Serkis is excited for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- Star Trek production designer discusses his biggest challenge
- Jai Courtney explains why the McClanes don’t get along
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Bruce Boxleitner said last month that he wasn’t sure if he’d be back for Tron 3, but apparently there’s another sequel that’d be more than happy to have him. In a recent interview, director Rich Moore revealed that he had originally wanted a Tron cameo in Wreck-It Ralph. And while that didn’t pan out, he’s still got plans to work the character into a sequel. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner now, and you know what that means: Fox is ramping up their marketing efforts for their big romantic holiday release, A Good Day to Die Hard. Also after the jump:
- The Muppets… Again will feature old songs along with new ones
- Writer Scott Z. Burns discusses Apes and Blade Runner 2
- Rich Moore and his stars are totally up for more Wreck-It Ralph
- Enroll in Starfleet Academy with the Star Trek Into Darkness app
- Chris Pine will kidnap J.J. Abrams for Star Trek 3 if he has to
- Riddick is back out in the rain in the newest still from Vin Diesel
- The Last Exorcism Part II unveils a new TV spot and a poster
- A Good Day to Die Hard will run about 90 minutes…
- … one of which you can watch right here…
- … along with a featurette that offers more plot
Read More »