Want to see some set photos from Iron Man 3 and Red 2? What do Viper and the Silver Samurai look like in The Wolverine? Care to check out the trailer for The Dark Knight Returns Part 2? Do some Iron Man 3 toys reveal spoilers about the film? Does the Amazing Spider-Man second screen app provide any new secrets? Has Daredevil reverted back to Marvel Studios? Where can you still see Agent Coulson? And would Apple Maps have helped a pivotal moment in The Dark Knight? Read about all of this and more in today’s huge edition of Superhero Bits.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Want to read David Goyer talking about Man of Steel? Why does Hugh Jackman think his latest film is called The Wolverine? How has Ben Affleck responded to the Justice League rumors? How does Bruce Willis look on the set of Red 2? Does Stan Lee now share a trait with Iron Man? Will Famke Janssen be returning to the X-Men franchise? Has the Dark Knight Trilogy box set been revealed? And what’s going on on the set of Kick-Ass 2? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
A mostly lighthearted Sequel Bits covers everything from fish- and family-friendly animated adventures to R-rated wolf pack shenanigans. After the jump:
- Andrew Stanton‘s next project is Finding Nemo 2
- The Hangover Part III is now shooting in Los Angeles
- Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon join Scary Movie 5
- David Thewlis will play The Frog in Red 2
- Olga Kurkulina is Mother Russia in Kick-Ass 2
- The Rock destroys a ceiling in new Fast Six pic
- Silent Hill: Revelation 3D has a new poster
Read More »
Fake superheroes, spin-offs and Leonidas are all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- Mark Millar is teasing some of the fights and costumes in Kick-Ass 2.
- Universal has set a December 19, 2014 release date for a Despicable Me spin-off centered on the Minions.
- See a high-res version of the Red 2 teaser poster.
- Gerard Butler will not be returning for 300: The Battle of Artemisia.
Read More »
From superheroes, to comedy and action, it’s all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read more about the following:
- Captain America: The First Avenger star Neal McDonough joins the cast of Red 2.
- Mike Epps will reprise his role from The Hangover in The Hangover Part III.
- Jonah Hill says a sequel to 21 Jump Street will shoot next Fall.
- Check out photos, videos and more hints from the set of Iron Man 3.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
What’s the latest Batman Internet meme? Will The Dark Knight Rises be screening at midnight in the UK? Who will Catherine Zeta-Jones be playing in Red 2? Want to watch several featurettes from The Amazing Spider-Man? Does Malcolm McDowell like The Avengers? Is Teen Titans coming back to TV? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Sequels in all stages of production – from hypothetical, to development, greenlit, filming and finished – are all featured in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- A prequel to the video game Tekken might be on the way from the director of Ong Bak. Or not according to the creator.
- Not only would Andrew Stanton be open to making Finding Nemo 2, he feels Pixar will continue to make sequels after Monsters University and beyond.
- Watch an awesome 15 minute interview with Rick Baker, in his studio, talking Men in Black 3 monsters.
- Men in Black 3 didn’t have a lot of deleted scenes.
- Check out a teaser poster for Red 2
- Iron Man 3 starts shooting today and just got their budget increased.
- Mad Max: Fury Road with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron starts shooting June 2.
Read More »
Red, the 2010 film that starred Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, and John Malkovich as aging black-ops agents, seemed like the sort of film that might just fade away. Directed by Robert Schewntke, who went on to direct R.I.P.D., the movie was neither bad nor particularly compelling — if it lived up to the promise of its cast and concept, it did so only somewhat.
But a sequel is still happening, and today Summit Entertainment sent out a press release announcing the return of major cast members for Red 2, with the addition of Catherine Zeta-Jones and Byung-Hun Lee (G.I. Joe: Retaliation). Read More »
Screenwriters? Check. Release date? Check. Now Red 2, the sequel to the 2010 comic book adaptation starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren has an all-important director as well. Dean Parisot, the director of Galaxy Quest and Fun With Dick and Jane, will helm the sequel which is expected to return all four of those stars. Writers Jon and Erich Hoeber were hired to write the script last January and Summit announced August 2, 2013 as the film’s release date. It’ll be Parisot’s job to bring those two things together. Read more after the break. Read More »