We’re crossing genres in a big, big way in this edition of Sequel Bits. Comedy, horror, romance and sci-fi, it’s all here. After the check out updates on the following:
- A poster for the U.S. release of [Rec] 3 Genesis has been revealed.
- The follow-up to The Last Exorcism now has a title.
- A third TV spot for Men in Black 3 is now out.
- Mike Tyson talks about The Hangover Part III.
- The poster for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 popped up at CinemaCon.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, it is once again hip to be square. As well as to be mutated, undead, and/or cyborgian. After the jump:
- Yes, Jennifer Lawrence wants to do X-Men: First Class 2
- Bret Easton Ellis says Patrick Bateman would want to get it on with Chris Brown and Rihanna
- [REC]3: Genesis gets a creepy new trailer
- Producer Victor Kubicek talks Terminator Salvation, wishes the Terminator 5 folks good luck
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Halloween 3D gets cut and Beverly Hills Ninja 2 gets sued, but on a happier note, Joss Whedon has some really good ideas for a theoretical The Avengers 2. After the jump:
- Andrew Stanton and Michael Chabon are working on John Carter 2
- Defying tradition, Joss Whedon wants to go smaller for Avengers 2
- Speaking of which, John Slattery would not mind doing Avengers 2
- Beverly Hills Ninja 2 gets slammed with another lawsuit
- Dimension Films cuts Halloween 3D from the 2012 calendar
- [REC]3 Genesis clips hit the web
Read More »
Be it Sundance, Toronto or South by Southwest, some of the most exciting films to play in any film festival these days are part of the midnight line up. That’s where festivals feel comfortable playing the over the top genre stuff and, last year, SXSW’s midnight schedule included films like Attack the Block, Insidious and Kill List. Now the 2012 schedule has been announced.
The main schedule is already cool enough, featuring the world premieres of fantastic films like The Cabin in the Woods and 21 Jump Street, but at midnight, they’re adding to that with the world premieres of [REC] 3: Genesis, Girls Against Boys and The Tall Man with Jessica Biel. They’ll also screen the awesome anthology V/H/S, John Dies at the End and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo’s Intruders with Clive Owen, just to name a few.
Read the full list after the jump. Read More »
Of all the newish horror franchises that have been released in the past decade or so – Paranormal Activity, Saw, Hatchet, etc. – one that often gets overlooked is [REC]. The terrifying Spanish horror films actually give the found footage concept a grounding in reality as a news crew is stuck inside a building that houses a terrible zombie outbreak. In the good sequel, helmet cameras on an elite squad of special forces agents called in to take care of the outbreak in the first film capture the terror. And while those first two films relegated the action to a single location, [REC] 3: Genesis takes the film to the chapel. And it’s going to get married.
It’s a pretty big spoiler for the second film to say more than that so you have two options. The first one is go watch [REC] and [REC] 2 right now. The second is, if you’ve seen them, hit the jump to see the crazy awesome teaser trailer for [REC] 3: Genesis. Read More »