A week before the release of Real Steel, DreamWorks signed director Shawn Levy and star Hugh Jackman to return for the sequel. The film did okay with critics, but audiences seemed to really respond to the film (the studio signed contracts for a sequel purely based on the extremely positive reactions from test screenings), the movie earned almost $300 million worldwide, and did some good money in toy sales. But now its three years later and we haven’t heard much about Real Steel 2. Whats going on with the sequel? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
This year, Evangeline Lilly is the defacto queen of San Diego Comic-Con. Not only will the actress be on hand to promote the final Hobbit film, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, she may be there for Marvel Studio’s Ant-Man, plus she’s finally fulfilling a lifelong dream. Lilly has always wanted to be a writer and she will debut her brand new book, The Squickerwonkers, at the Con with a panel and signing.
We had the pleasure of speaking to Lilly about all three of these things but in this, part one of our interview, we’ll focus on the film work and Comic-Con in general. We talked about her connections to the Convention, having been there for Lost, Hobbit and more. She gave us an update on the latest Hobbit and described the arc of Tauriel, her brand new character. The actress then skillfully evaded questions about Ant-Man, but also discussed Edgar Wright‘s departure. Finally, Lilly discussed what went wrong with Real Steel and the potential for a sequel.
Read part one of our Evangeline Lilly Comic Con interview below. Read More »
Lots of sequel news today so let’s get right to it. After the jump, read about the following:
- Shawn Levy gives an update on a sequel to Real Steel.
- There’s already been talk of a third Ghost Rider according to directors Neveldine and Taylor, who are also still considering Crank 3D.
- Latino Review has revealed some major plot points in Taken 2.
- Fox is still moving ahead with a Waiting to Exhale sequel after the death of Whitney Houston.
- Steven Spielberg says Peter Jackson will be starting production on The Adventures of Tintin 2 this year.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 by Angie Han
Real Steel 2, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Riddick are in completely different stages of development at this point, but they all have one thing in common: Everyone wants to return for them. (Well, that and the fact that they all start with the letter R.) After the jump, read about the following:
- Shawn Levy and Hugh Jackman are confirmed for Real Steel 2 — a week and a half before Real Steel 1 has even hit theaters.
- Michelle Rodriguez becomes the latest former Resident Evil star to board the upcoming fifth installment.
- Karl Urban agrees to reprise his role for the long-gestating Riddick.
Read More »