Lots of updates and videos on new rides in this latest edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Watch video of James Franco riding the new Despicable Me ride…
- …and you can too with a new ride video.
- Star Wars won’t replace Finding Nemo at Disneyland.
- A CGI ride video of Disney’s latest, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, is out.
- Updated Jungle Cruise ride is coming to Tokyo Disneyland.
- New photos from the construction of the Disneyland Paris Ratatouille Ride.
- Disney parks accused of discriminating against Autistic children.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is now in Disney parks, at Tokyo Disneyland.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’re not likely to see an Incredibles sequel any time soon, but Brad Bird‘s two Pixar films are going to land back in theaters. Pixar is prepping a The Incredibles 3D re-release, and has also added a third dimension to Ratatouille. These would be the fifth and sixth 3D re-releases of Pixar films; we’ve already seen the first two Toy Story movies in 3D, as well as Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo. Read More »
At 3 p.m. CST Friday, the doors opened at the Mondo Gallery in Austin Texas for the highly anticipated collaboration between Mondo and Disney. The show, called Nothing’s Impossible, is on display through March 11th. All week, leading up to the opening, several sites premiered images from the show.
So we’ve seen posters for Disney classics new and old such as Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, The Incredibles, The Lion King, Wall-E, The Sword in the Stone and so many more. They can be viewed at this link but Mondo held back a few as a surprise. Those include posters by Aaron Horkey (Ratatouille), Olly Moss (The Jungle Book), Mike Mitchell (Up and Incredibles) and more. Check out the remainder of the show, which isn’t posted here, below. Read More »
Let’s turn the spotlight on one theme park attraction that’s here and another coming in the future. First up, Disneyland Paris held a big presentation for stockholders to show off the brand new Ratatouille thrill ride opening later this year. The full video of the event is online, along with some very cool concept images and construction photos from inside the attraction.
Next up, Star Trek. A few weeks back we reported Paramount is creating a massive theme park in Spain. Rango, Spiderwick Chronicles, Sleepy Hollow, Mission: Impossible, Grease and more will all be represented. Most exciting is that a full Star Trek area will be part of the park. A bunch of concept art has been released and you can check it out below. Read More »
Briefly: Michael Giacchino just can’t quit the world of Brad Bird. The Oscar-winning composer has written the music for every Bird film except The Iron Giant, up to and including his upcoming film Tomorrowland. Among those is the similarly Oscar-winning film Ratatouille, which is getting a theme park ride at Disneyland Paris later this year. The ride is called Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (or, “The Totally Zany Adventures of Remy) and will feature music by none other than, you guess it, Michael Giacchino! The Ratatouille ride is expected to open later this year. Click here for more info. [Instagram]
With movies, rides, updates, and short films, this edition of Theme Parks Bits is jam-packed with goodies. Below, read about the following:
- Brad Bird‘s Tomorrowland finished filming, with the last few days done at Disneyland.
- See some details and video from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coming soon to Walt Disney World.
- A huge Paramount-themed theme park is coming to Spain in 2015 featuring Star Trek, Rango, Grease and Mission: Impossible rides.
- Disneyland Paris is getting a Ratatouille restaurant along with the new ride, plus the composer gets to work.
- The Universal Waterworld stunt show is getting a rewrite.
- Some new details on the Despicable Me ride have been revealed.
- There’s “active development” getting Frozen into Disney theme parks.
- Watch an It’s A Small World web series.
Read More »
2014 marks the opening of a brand new Pixar themed Disneyland thrill ride…in Paris. Below, watch an official teaser trailer for Ratatouille: The Totally Zany Adventures of Remy as well as the following:
- A tentative first phase of Star Wars Land has been green lit as Imagineers get Star Wars Episode VII info; plus more Disneyland rumors.
- Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Studios Hollywood has officially closed.
- What if Epcot’s World Showcase changed its theme entirely?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Disney, Marvel and Universal all get some ink in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following
- Will a Indiana Jones ride open at Disneyland Paris?
- The Ratatouille ride will open in Summer 2014.
- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige admits to wanting more Marvel rides.
- Get a glimpse of the new Frozen-influenced World of Color show at Disney California Adventure.
- Disney legend Richard Sherman wrote a new song for a show based on the ride It’s A Small World.
- Check out the cover to the Haunted Mansion-inspired comic Disney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird.
- A Frozen meet and greet is now open in Epcot.
- Read a fantastic interview with the man behind Universal rides like Jurassic Park, King Kong, Terminator and Spider-Man.
Read More »