Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
One of our most exciting young directors is about to team up with one of our most exciting young actors. Michael Fassbender has just signed to star in The Light Between Oceans, directed by Derek Cianfrance. The film, an adaptation of a novel by M.L. Stedman, is about a lighthouse keeper who decides to secretly raise a young infant found in a shipwreck.
While that’s extremely intriguing on it’s own, here’s an even juicier morsel. Reports are Fassbender will shoot this film next, followed by Prometheus 2, which he recently said is happening. But where does that leave Assassin’s Creed, the video game adaptation that already has an August 7, 2015 release date? Read More »
Prometheus 2 has a new writer and will, reportedly, be the mystery Ridley Scott film 20th Century Fox recently dated for March 4, 2016. Michael Green, the writer of Green Lantern and the new Blade Runner film, has been brought on to rewrite Jack Paglen‘s original draft. Reportedly, the story will feature multiple versions of Michael Fassbender‘s android David. Read More »
Late Thursday night, 20th Century Fox dropped some potentially massive news. They gave release dates to about six new movies, including sequels to The Wolverine and the yet-to-film Fantastic Four reboot. Among the films was also a “Mystery Marvel Movie” on July 13, 2018 and a “Untitled Ridley Scott” film on March 4, 2016. Below, we’ll give you a few options of what each of those might be. Read More »
Fox has set a whole group of new release dates, including one that suggests a load of confidence in Fantastic Four, which hasn’t even shot yet. A second Fantastic Four outing will now be seen in 2017, with a Wolverine sequel also set to hit screens again that year. And 2018 will have another of Fox’s Marvel films, but we don’t know which one at this point. Finally, there’s a mystery Ridley Scott film set for 2016 — is that Prometheus 2? Read More »
There are new posters for Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, and Monsters: The Dark Continent, but I’m pretty psyched to hear that a sequel to Society is still in development. So that’s the first thing up after the break in this Sequel Bits, with the posters and comments from Tom Hardy about Mad Max and Michael Fassbender about Prometheus 2 after the break. Read More »
Ridley Scott‘s last two movies, Prometheus and The Counselor, haven’t exactly supported his legendary status. The good news is, once you reach that status, it never goes away. So the director behind some of the best sci-fi and action films of all time continues to look ahead. His next movie will be the Biblical epic Exodus and, after that… we don’t know what he’ll make. Two definite options are the rumored sequels to Prometheus and Blade Runner. The director recently confirmed both films are still being written. Or maybe one of them is written. It’s hard to tell. Read his update about those, and the long in-development The Forever War, below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s a lot of controversy on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction as principal photography concludes. But that’s not all in today’s Sequel Bets. After the jump, read about the following:
- Michael Bay sets the record on the “extortion” rumors regarding Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Check out a brief glimpse of what the new Bumblebee might look like.
- Harrison Ford said he’d love to be in Star Trek 3.
- Miles Teller believes Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent, is aiming at an April start date.
- Vin Diesel tweeted two Behind the Scenes images from Fast and Furious 7.
- Ridley Scott confirms Prometheus 2 is indeed still in the works.
- Paramount has asked for a fourth Jackass sequel.
- Soul Surfer herself, Bethany Hamilton, will be in Dolphin Tale 2.
Read More »