Posters, casting, videos and rumor control. Just another day in the world of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- The Hangover Part III adds actress Lela Loren and is shooting in central California.
- A new trailer is out for Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines.
- Find out how you can work with Michael Bay on Transformers 4.
- A new viral video has been released for Paranormal Activity 4.
- Robert Rodriguez doesn’t think a Predators sequel will happen.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says nothing is happening on Terminator 5.
- A teaser poster for The Smurfs 2 has been released.
Read More »
I was one of the people praising the Robert Rodriguez-produced Nimrod Antal-directed Predator sequel Predators a few weeks back. I even screened the film twice. Don’t get me wrong, the movie is far from perfect, but for a lower budget studio sci-fi effort, it’s better than most — and certainly better than Predator 2 or the two Alien vs. Predator films.
The film grossed $46 million domestically thus far — which might sound low, but is actually more than the film’s estimated $35-$40 million budget. The movie has also made $48.2 million internationally, for a $94.7 worldwide total. In just 17 days, that isn’t bad. And the studio is likely to make some good cash on home video as well. But is it good enough for a sequel? The film certainly concludes with the slight promise of another outing. Robert Rodriguez claims that 20th Century Fox is already developing a sequel.
Read More »