November just started, but the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is already getting their Oscar nominations all in order. First up, AMPAS has revealed the 20 animated films that have been submitted and will be eligible for up to five nominations for Best Animated Feature Film at the 87th annual Academy Awards on February 22. Check out the possible 2015 Best Animated Feature film nominees below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Read More »
For the first time in nearly a decade, 2014 won’t provide fans with a Pixar film. The closest thing is probably Planes: Fire and Rescue, the sequel to 2013’s Cars spinoff, Planes. (Disney’s Big Hero 6, out in November, is in the mix too, but there’s no trailer yet). In this sequel, Dusty (Dane Cook) is forced to leave racing and decides to go for a more noble calling, “Fire and Rescue.” However, it’ll be tough to gain the respect of his peers coming from such a pampered lifestyle.
Below, check out a brand new Planes Fire and Rescue trailer, some new characters (who are Cars, not Planes) as well as a list of new cast members including Ed Harris, Wes Studi, Fred Willard, Jerry Stiller, Erik Estrada, John Michael Higgins, Hal Holbrook, Kevin Richardson and Patrick Warburton. It opens July 18. Read More »
Removing racing from Disney’s Planes could be a risk, but the trailer for the sequel Planes: Fire and Rescue suggests it might have paid off. The new story picks up after the events of the first film, and Dusty (Dane Cook) realizes he might not be able to race again. He tries to turn his racing skills into a more noble cause, hoping to join a team of planes who put out forest fires. However, not everyone accepts that the world champion racer is changing his tune.
Without a Pixar movie out this year, Planes: Fire & Rescue is the closest thing to Pixar we’ll get. The new trailer certainly has that big, sweeping, emotional feel. Check it out below. Read More »
In terms of classic Disney storytelling, I felt this summer’s animated film Planes was super solid. Sure it was predictable and a bit cheesy, but the Cars spinoff created by DisneyToons had all the energy, pacing and excitement you’d expect from your standard animated Disney film. To say that sentiment was not shared by my colleagues would be an understatement, however. Planes currently sits at 27% on Rotten Tomatoes. Still, audiences turned out, the film grossed almost $90 million domestic and the sequel, Planes: Fire and Rescue, was announced for a Summer 2014 release.
We saw some very cool footage from the sequel at the D23 Expo and now, thanks to teaser trailer, you can get your first glimpse too. Check it out below. Read More »
Disney just changed a bunch of release dates and titles, offering a glimpse at what the company that owns Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm has in store in the coming years. No Star Wars Episode VII news yet, but here are the highlights:
- The Muppets …Again has changed its title to Muppets Most Wanted. It still opens March 21, 2014.
- Two untitled Marvel movies will be released May 6, 2016 and May 5, 2017.
- Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland arrives a week earlier on December 12, 2014.
- Rob Marshall’s musical Into The Woods is now scheduled for December 25, 2014.
- A sequel to Planes, called Planes: Fire and Rescue, will be released on July 18, 2014.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner opens October 10, 2014.
- Lasse Hallestrom’s The Hundred-Foot Journey comes out August 8, 2014.
There’s more below. Read More »