Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The idea to mash up the Jump Street cops and characters from Men in Black is still in play at Sony, and 21 Jump Street co-writer and co-director Chris Miller has a few things to say about it. In addition to that, this Sequel Bits features the following stories:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is the latest film to post a slate pic.
- James Bond’s new Aston Martin is seen in action in Spectre set videos.
- And if you see the Fast/Furious movies just for the cars, we’ve got a list of all the cars in Furious 7.
- Sorry, but Sharknado 3 is now filming.
Read More »
It took years of waiting and writing but Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is now in production. As expected, the title is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and it’s being directed by Kon-Tiki filmmakers Espen Sandberg & Joachim Rønning. Almost all the casting has already been announced (Javier Bardem, Kaya Scodelario, Brenton Thwaites) but the first official plot synopsis of the film has now been revealed. Read the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 plot synopsis below.
UPDATE: Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has already tweeted the first set photo. See it below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
UPDATE 1/26/2015: Kaya Scodelario has just been confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Click through for the official announcement by producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The original story from 1/22/2015 follows.
The Pirates of the Caribbean 5 crew is about to get a little bit bigger. Kaya Scodelario is in early talks for the female lead, joining returning stars Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, and Orlando Bloom and series newcomers Javier Bardem and Brenton Thwaites. More details on the Kaya Scodelario Pirates of the Caribbean 5 casting after the jump. Read More »
After the lackluster fourth film in the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Disney has been taking its time developing the fifth movie. But here we are, with Pirates 5 — aka Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales — set to be directed by Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg (Kon-Tiki) in Australia early next year. Johnny Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow, but now there’s the suggestion that this fifth film may actually be a soft Pirates of the Caribbean reboot. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A new cast member will join Captain Jack Sparrow on whatever adventures the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean holds. It’s Brenton Thwaites, a name you may not know, but you will soon. He was recently in Oculus as well as The Giver, The Signal, Malificent and the upcoming Son of a Gun. (Which just released a new trailer. Good timing!) In the film, directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, Thwaites will play a key British solider. Filming will start in 2015 aimed at a July 2017 release. Read more about the Brenton Thwaites Pirates 5 casting below. Read More »
Briefly: Disney has finally announced a Pirates of the Caribbean 5 release date. Captain Jack Sparrow is set to return to the seas in the Summer of 2017. Walt Disney Pictures has announced that the Pirates sequel will hit theaters on July 7th 2017. Pirates of the Caribbean 5, rumored to be called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, is currently set to do battle with Fox’s July 14th release of Fantastic Four 2 and the June 30th release of Despicable Me 3. The project has had a number of delays, but directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg will direct the fifth film in the mega-blockbuster franchise starring Johnny Depp.
In this edition of Sequel Bits, comments from Jerry Bruckheimer address the stalled Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and the possibly less-stalled Beverly Hills Cop 4. In addition, we’ve got the following after the break:
- Mara Wilson talks about Mrs. Doubtfire 2,
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For seems to be using Frank Miller’s comics as storyboards,
- There’s a poster for Leprechaun: Origins,
- And a trailer for Dolphin Tale 2.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Since his breakout turn in 2009’s Inglourious Basterds, Christoph Waltz has become one of Hollywood’s favorite go-to baddies. He’s terrorized superheroes in The Green Hornet, circus workers in Water For Elephants, swashbucklers in The Three Musketeers, and tiny warriors in Epic. Now he may do the same for Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Waltz is reportedly being eyed to play Captain Brand in the high seas adventure, while Rebecca Hall is wanted to play Jack’s love interest Carina. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg are directing the new adventure from a script by Jeff Nathanson. More about Waltz and Hall’s potential roles after the jump.
Read More »