Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
2017’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will be Captain Jack’s first new adventure in six years. But Will Turner has him beat: As officially announced today, Orlando Bloom will reprise his role for the first time since 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End. More details on Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The internet has been rather charmed in the past by the charitable activities of Marvel Studios’ stars Chris Pratt and Chris Evans, stopping by a couple children’s hospitals as Star-Lord and Captain America respectively. But now another iconic Disney actor has been captured using his stardom to bring joy to some kids who need it the most.
Johnny Depp took a break from filming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales to stop by Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, Australia in full wardrobe as Captain Jack Sparrow. And thankfully, an Australian children’s show was there to film some of the adorable antics of the perpetually drunk pirate interacting with the kids.
Watch when Johnny Depp visits a children’s hospital as Jack Sparrow after the jump! Read More »
Batman v Superman doesn’t hit theaters for almost a year, and we’ve already seen a trailer. Not to be outdone, here’s a Pirates of the Caribbean 5 first look. The film doesn’t open until July 2017 — that’s over two years away — but here’s the first image from the film, of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Prepare to spend a lot of your time in IMAX theaters over the coming year. IMAX and Disney have just renewed their contract through 2017. The deal covers, among other things, upcoming tentpoles from Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar. Get the details on the Disney IMAX deal after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Transporter: Refueled gets pushed back to fall
- Rings sucks in Aimee Teegarden of Friday Night Lights
- Ron Howard preps the Da Vinci Code sequel in Florence
- Paul Blart is “2 Blart 2 Furious” in a new trailer
- James Bond won’t be part of a “Marvel-style” universe
- Zachary Levi tweets a look at the Heroes Reborn cast
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 production hits a delay
- A new Dragon Tattoo book is coming; see the cover
- Get a preview of the Fight Club 2 comic book
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Read More »
The idea to mash up the Jump Street cops and characters from Men in Black is still in play at Sony, and 21 Jump Street co-writer and co-director Chris Miller has a few things to say about it. In addition to that, this Sequel Bits features the following stories:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is the latest film to post a slate pic.
- James Bond’s new Aston Martin is seen in action in Spectre set videos.
- And if you see the Fast/Furious movies just for the cars, we’ve got a list of all the cars in Furious 7.
- Sorry, but Sharknado 3 is now filming.
Read More »
It took years of waiting and writing but Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is now in production. As expected, the title is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and it’s being directed by Kon-Tiki filmmakers Espen Sandberg & Joachim Rønning. Almost all the casting has already been announced (Javier Bardem, Kaya Scodelario, Brenton Thwaites) but the first official plot synopsis of the film has now been revealed. Read the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 plot synopsis below.
UPDATE: Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has already tweeted the first set photo. See it below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
UPDATE 1/26/2015: Kaya Scodelario has just been confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Click through for the official announcement by producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The original story from 1/22/2015 follows.
The Pirates of the Caribbean 5 crew is about to get a little bit bigger. Kaya Scodelario is in early talks for the female lead, joining returning stars Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, and Orlando Bloom and series newcomers Javier Bardem and Brenton Thwaites. More details on the Kaya Scodelario Pirates of the Caribbean 5 casting after the jump. Read More »