Posted on Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 by Angie Han
Johnny Depp‘s Captain Jack Sparrow could reconnect with an old friend in his next adventure. Orlando Bloom has revealed that he could step back into his role as Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean 5, after sitting out the last film. Hit the jump to see what he said.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, September 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Thought the piss-poor box office figures for this past summer would discourage studios from making more sequels? Think again. After the jump:
- Relativity will release The Woman in Black 2
- Could Koba be back for the next Apes movie?
- Wesley Snipes might return for another Blade film
- Will Forte still really wants a MacGruber sequel
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 may set sail for Australia
- Mission: Impossible 5 jets off to Morocco
- Is there any chance of more Deadwood?
- 24 may get that long-promised big screen sequel yet
- More Flowers in the Attic TV movies are coming
- Rumor has it the 50 Shades sequel will star a Kardashian
- The next Maze Runner is already in pre-production
- See a (SFW) pic from the set of Magic Mike XXL
- Lorde maybe teases her Hunger Games contribution
Read More »
Briefly: Disney has finally announced a Pirates of the Caribbean 5 release date. Captain Jack Sparrow is set to return to the seas in the Summer of 2017. Walt Disney Pictures has announced that the Pirates sequel will hit theaters on July 7th 2017. Pirates of the Caribbean 5, rumored to be called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, is currently set to do battle with Fox’s July 14th release of Fantastic Four 2 and the June 30th release of Despicable Me 3. The project has had a number of delays, but directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg will direct the fifth film in the mega-blockbuster franchise starring Johnny Depp.
Posted on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because J.K. Rowling returned to Harry Potter doesn’t mean Daniel Radcliffe has any plans to. Also after the jump:
- Olivia Munn and Ken Jeong will tag along for Ride Along 2
- Pirates 5 will go light on the monsters, says Jerry Bruckheimer
- Bad Boys III will have a screenplay in the next few months
- Yes, National Treasure 3 is still in active development
- Jurassic World gets bloody in an intriguing new set photo
- See a new batch of high-res stills from The Purge: Anarchy
- Check out the first stills from SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead
- Director Elizabeth Banks teases the plot of Pitch Perfect 2
- Sharknado 2: The Second One releases a ridiculous trailer
Read More »
Will audiences, like battered old ships, soon have to weather a year-long barrage of new Pirates of the Caribbean marketing? While the Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp partnership with Disney isn’t what it once was — Bruckheimer doesn’t even have a deal with the studio any longer — there’s still a plan to make Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
The film has been in development for a while, with Kon-Tiki filmmakers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg set to direct from a script by Jeff Nathanson. Despite the fact that cast rumors have come up, however, Disney said earlier this year that the film isn’t greenlit, and it isn’t on the release schedule.
But now Bruckheimer says they hope to shoot the film in early 2015, which means a 2016 release could be planned. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Everyone complains how sequel dependent Hollywood is, but there are always a few everyone wants to see. Star Wars is one, Avengers is another and, believe it or not, Bad Boys 3 is one. Michael Bay’s Bad Boys and Bad Boys II are frequent topics of conversation among film fans; many people would line up for a sequel. That long-in-developement sequel is still coming, says producer Jerry Bruckheimer, but it is the victim of unfortunate timing.
Bruckheimer also offered an update on National Treasure 3 while Disney offered an update on his potential film Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Read about all of this below. Read More »
In this edition of Sequel Bits, comments from Jerry Bruckheimer address the stalled Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and the possibly less-stalled Beverly Hills Cop 4. In addition, we’ve got the following after the break:
- Mara Wilson talks about Mrs. Doubtfire 2,
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For seems to be using Frank Miller’s comics as storyboards,
- There’s a poster for Leprechaun: Origins,
- And a trailer for Dolphin Tale 2.
Read More »
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is currently in limbo, thanks to Disney CEO Bob Iger. Iger did a conference call on Tuesday and made it rain with news. He mentioned The Incredibles 2, Star Wars Episode VII, and also mentioned that, despite directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg being attached, the studio has yet to green light the long-in-development fifth film in the mega-blockbuster franchise starring Johnny Depp. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
What a year 2013 has been for movie news. Fox, DC, and Marvel all dropped huge announcements about their respective comic book franchises, Lucasfilm passed the Star Wars mantle to J.J. Abrams, and Jurassic Park 4 finally picked up steam after years of false starts — all as the YA adaptations, Biblical epics, and live-action fairy tales continued to pile up.
But if you’re curious about the biggest things to come out of 2013, our list of the 15 most popular posts ought to help. As it happens, they also shed some light on you, our readers. Click the jump to see what the top posts of the year were, and what they may or may not tell us about all of you.
Read More »