A new cast member will join Captain Jack Sparrow on whatever adventures the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean holds. It’s Brenton Thwaites, a name you may not know, but you will soon. He was recently in Oculus as well as The Giver, The Signal, Malificent and the upcoming Son of a Gun. (Which just released a new trailer. Good timing!) In the film, directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, Thwaites will play a key British solider. Filming will start in 2015 aimed at a July 2017 release. Read more about the Brenton Thwaites Pirates 5 casting below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve seen Javier Bardem play as bad as bad can be in No Country for Old Men, and we’ve recently seen him play a morally compromised but clear-eyed weirdo in The Counselor (above). And he’s explored exaggerated action-film villainy in Skyfall. Now he’s in talks to go into full-on cartoon villain mode for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. All the info we have on the potential Javier Bardem Pirates 5 deal is below. Read More »
The filming locations of two big sequels lead this edition of Sequel Bits. Read about those, and the following stories, below:
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will shoot in Australia in February.
- Star Trek 3 will primarily be shooting in Vancouver, BC.
- Dredd actress Olivia Thirlby tells fans she wants to make Dredd 2.
- Justified actor Jacob Lofland latest to join The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.
- Check out a new photo of Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious 7.
- John Cho isn’t sure the whole cast would come back for Star Trek 4.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 by Angie Han
Johnny Depp‘s Captain Jack Sparrow could reconnect with an old friend in his next adventure. Orlando Bloom has revealed that he could step back into his role as Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean 5, after sitting out the last film. Hit the jump to see what he said.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Thought the piss-poor box office figures for this past summer would discourage studios from making more sequels? Think again. After the jump:
- Relativity will release The Woman in Black 2
- Could Koba be back for the next Apes movie?
- Wesley Snipes might return for another Blade film
- Will Forte still really wants a MacGruber sequel
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 may set sail for Australia
- Mission: Impossible 5 jets off to Morocco
- Is there any chance of more Deadwood?
- 24 may get that long-promised big screen sequel yet
- More Flowers in the Attic TV movies are coming
- Rumor has it the 50 Shades sequel will star a Kardashian
- The next Maze Runner is already in pre-production
- See a (SFW) pic from the set of Magic Mike XXL
- Lorde maybe teases her Hunger Games contribution
Read More »
Briefly: Disney has finally announced a Pirates of the Caribbean 5 release date. Captain Jack Sparrow is set to return to the seas in the Summer of 2017. Walt Disney Pictures has announced that the Pirates sequel will hit theaters on July 7th 2017. Pirates of the Caribbean 5, rumored to be called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, is currently set to do battle with Fox’s July 14th release of Fantastic Four 2 and the June 30th release of Despicable Me 3. The project has had a number of delays, but directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg will direct the fifth film in the mega-blockbuster franchise starring Johnny Depp.
Posted on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because J.K. Rowling returned to Harry Potter doesn’t mean Daniel Radcliffe has any plans to. Also after the jump:
- Olivia Munn and Ken Jeong will tag along for Ride Along 2
- Pirates 5 will go light on the monsters, says Jerry Bruckheimer
- Bad Boys III will have a screenplay in the next few months
- Yes, National Treasure 3 is still in active development
- Jurassic World gets bloody in an intriguing new set photo
- See a new batch of high-res stills from The Purge: Anarchy
- Check out the first stills from SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead
- Director Elizabeth Banks teases the plot of Pitch Perfect 2
- Sharknado 2: The Second One releases a ridiculous trailer
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Will audiences, like battered old ships, soon have to weather a year-long barrage of new Pirates of the Caribbean marketing? While the Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp partnership with Disney isn’t what it once was — Bruckheimer doesn’t even have a deal with the studio any longer — there’s still a plan to make Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
The film has been in development for a while, with Kon-Tiki filmmakers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg set to direct from a script by Jeff Nathanson. Despite the fact that cast rumors have come up, however, Disney said earlier this year that the film isn’t greenlit, and it isn’t on the release schedule.
But now Bruckheimer says they hope to shoot the film in early 2015, which means a 2016 release could be planned. Read More »