Production on Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth film in the multi-billion dollar franchise, has been done for awhile now. But it appears there may be one more addition to the cast that we hadn’t heard about, someone from one of the previous films in the franchise who will be brought back alongside other returning cast members like Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow and Orlando Bloom as Will Turner.
However, revealing who this returning cast member might be is a bit of a spoiler for those wanting to stay in the dark regarding any surprises, so you’ll have to find out who it is after the jump. Read More »
The Walt Disney Company had their annual shareholder meeting this morning in Chicago. A lot of it had to do with boring financials, which is beyond the coverage of this site. But Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger did show off a bunch of clips from upcoming Disney films including Star Wars: Rogue One, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, the live-action Beauty and the Beast and the next Pirates of the Caribbean film. A /Film reader in attendance has sent me a rundown of what he saw, read about it after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
2017’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will be Captain Jack’s first new adventure in six years. But Will Turner has him beat: As officially announced today, Orlando Bloom will reprise his role for the first time since 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End. More details on Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales after the jump. Read More »
The internet has been rather charmed in the past by the charitable activities of Marvel Studios’ stars Chris Pratt and Chris Evans, stopping by a couple children’s hospitals as Star-Lord and Captain America respectively. But now another iconic Disney actor has been captured using his stardom to bring joy to some kids who need it the most.
Johnny Depp took a break from filming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales to stop by Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, Australia in full wardrobe as Captain Jack Sparrow. And thankfully, an Australian children’s show was there to film some of the adorable antics of the perpetually drunk pirate interacting with the kids.
Watch when Johnny Depp visits a children’s hospital as Jack Sparrow after the jump! Read More »
Batman v Superman doesn’t hit theaters for almost a year, and we’ve already seen a trailer. Not to be outdone, here’s a Pirates of the Caribbean 5 first look. The film doesn’t open until July 2017 — that’s over two years away — but here’s the first image from the film, of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Transporter: Refueled gets pushed back to fall
- Rings sucks in Aimee Teegarden of Friday Night Lights
- Ron Howard preps the Da Vinci Code sequel in Florence
- Paul Blart is “2 Blart 2 Furious” in a new trailer
- James Bond won’t be part of a “Marvel-style” universe
- Zachary Levi tweets a look at the Heroes Reborn cast
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 production hits a delay
- A new Dragon Tattoo book is coming; see the cover
- Get a preview of the Fight Club 2 comic book
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
Whether you’re into boxing, singing rodents, or BDSM, there’s something in here for you. After the jump:
- Michael B. Jordan gets into fighting shape for Creed
- The Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 cast continues to grow
- The Sharknado labor strike rains down upon DC
- Fifty Shades stars want bigger paychecks for the sequel
- Spectre adds Stephanie Sigman as another Bond girl
- A knife attack and an injury threaten Pirates 5
- Nick Hornby shares his thoughts on a High Fidelity sequel
- Neill Blomkamp has more stuff to say about Alien
- Bradley Cooper did one day on the Wet Hot prequel
Read More »
It took years of waiting and writing but Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is now in production. As expected, the title is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and it’s being directed by Kon-Tiki filmmakers Espen Sandberg & Joachim Rønning. Almost all the casting has already been announced (Javier Bardem, Kaya Scodelario, Brenton Thwaites) but the first official plot synopsis of the film has now been revealed. Read the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 plot synopsis below.
UPDATE: Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has already tweeted the first set photo. See it below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Sunday, February 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Aspiring actors, disillusioned suburbanites, and little plastic men figure in today’s edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Fight Club comic book sequel launches in May
- China and France will get to see Taken 3 in 3D
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 adds a few more mates
- Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has a new poster
- Martin Starr says a Party Down movie is “unlikely”
- The Lego Movie 2 will introduce Emmet’s sister
Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
UPDATE 1/26/2015: Kaya Scodelario has just been confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Click through for the official announcement by producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The original story from 1/22/2015 follows.
The Pirates of the Caribbean 5 crew is about to get a little bit bigger. Kaya Scodelario is in early talks for the female lead, joining returning stars Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, and Orlando Bloom and series newcomers Javier Bardem and Brenton Thwaites. More details on the Kaya Scodelario Pirates of the Caribbean 5 casting after the jump. Read More »