Pineapple Express

Sorry, fans of the 2008 comedy Pineapple Express. There’s not a sequel in the works. Instead, what you get on this April Fools Day is a parody trailer featuring all the film’s original stars, and a few other guests. Seth Rogen, James Franco, Danny McBride and Craig Robinson are joined by Jonah Hill (playing someone else) in a trailer for Pineapple Express 2. Check it out below. Read More »

.

Please Recommend /Film on Facebook

Whatever your genre of choice — action, comedy, or horror — we’ve got sequel news for you today. After the jump:

  • Peter Berg teases one of “40 different storylines” he’s considering for Hancock 2
  • Seth Rogen doesn’t know if Pineapple Express 2 will happen, but hey, it still might
  • Steve Coogan offers up a bit of info on the upcoming second season (and possible sequel?) to The Trip
  • Comic book artist and Altitude helmer Kaare Andrews is tapped for a Cabin Fever prequel

Read More »

We’ve got news for you on several sequels today, some more realistic than others. On the “coming soon to a theater near you” end, there’s a new synopsis for G.I. Joe: Retaliation; meanwhile, projects like Gremlins 3 and Pineapple Express 2 have been rumored for ages but as far as we can tell they’re still just a twinkle in some studio exec’s eye. After the jump:

  • Warner Bros. registers domains for Green Lantern 2 and Gremlins 3
  • Seth Rogen discusses the possibility of a Pineapple Express sequel
  • G.I. Joe: Retaliation gets an official synopsis
  • Paramount moves forward on a Mission: Impossible sequel and Top Gun 2

Read More »

The sequel news is flying fast and furious and there’s no time to waste. In this edition you’ll find that:

  • Simon Pegg says Khan is not mentioned in the Star Trek 2 story he’s heard.
  • Pineapple Express 2 isn’t a David Gordon Green priority.
  • The new poster for The Expendables 2 has been revealed.
  • A trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be attached to The Adventures of Tintin.

Read the details below. Read More »

When I talked to Jonah Hill a few weeks before SuperBad was released last year, I asked about a possible sequel. Hill responded “We talked about it. But also like the movie hasn’t come out yet. No one could go see it, and the talk would instantly go away of there being a sequel.”

And of course, SuperBad was a big hit, grossing over $169 million worldwide and who knows how much on DVD. So what are the chances we’ll get a SuperBad 2? Seth Rogen told moviehole that the studio has been after them to do a sequel ever since the film was released nearly a year ago, but they’ve ultimately decided not to make a sequel.

“They’re been wanting us to do a sequel to Superbad for so long – but we’ve held off,” Rogen said. “We eventually said No.”

But Rogen isn’t against the idea of sequels all together, adding that he would love to make another Pineapple Express if all goes well.

“If it did well, and they gave us like $50 million dollars, as opposed to the $26M we got for this one, we could benefit from that.”

And from what I’ve heard, Pineapple Express is already tracking pretty high. Everyone I know who has seen it has told me that people are going to love it. And I’m sure Sony will be asking for a sequel after opening weekend.

Hollywood loves sequels, and the readers of movie blogs love to hear the early talk of them (even if it never develops into anything). So lets take a look at the recent sequel gossip going around the interwebs.

Pineapple Express

Seth Rogen and James Franco are already talking about the possibility of the first comedy sequel produced by Judd Apatow – Pineapple Express 2?

“Yeah, I’m waiting for the sequel,” Franco revealed to MTV at Sunday’s Movie Awards. Rogen added, “Yep, we’ve talked about it.”

The Incredible Hulk 2

When asked who will play the villain in the next Incredible Hulk movie (if the demand warrants a sequel), director Louis Leterrier says that Samuel Sterns (played by Tim Blake Nelson) is introduced in his film and of course, will eventually become The Leader. [comics2film]

Bad Boys 3

At the 2008 MTV Movie Awards, Will Smith told Hollyscoop that he has an idea for Bad Boys 3.

“We need Bad Boys 3, but Michael is too expensive now, he’s way too expensive.”

Even series director Michael Bay admitted that it might never happen even though they’ve talked about doing another one.

“I don’t know,” said Bay. “We talk about it, but we all make too much money.”

Meanwhile The Daily Mail claims that the producers of Sex and the City are “exercising the sequel option in all of the stars’ contracts. They want it to be a franchise and think they can stretch it over at least a trilogy.” But can you really believe the British tabloid paper’s sources?

Thanks to /Film reader Marcus for contributing.

Cool Posts From Around the Web: