Some Episode VII speculation, lots of video game news and the ultimate Star Wars champion are all in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Peter Mayhew comments on potentially coming back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- The creative director of Uncharted is in charge of the a new Star Wars video game.
- Footage from a cancelled Darth Maul video game is now online.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 2014 Star Wars champion.
- One of the latest rumors is Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan could be in Episode VII.
- Check out a new poster for Star Wars Rebels, which may reveal new info next month.
- Watch a blooper reel for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Artist Craig Drake released three amazing new Star Wars posters, available now.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The second cast member for Star Wars Episode VII has been revealed, and it’s another returning actor/character pair. R2-D2 was first and now The Hollywood Reporter says Peter Mayhew will reprise his role as the iconic wookiee Chewbacca.
J.J. Abrams‘ film, out December 18, 2015, is now filming. Full details on plot and cast are expected in the coming weeks. Read more Peter Mayhew Star Wars 7 news below. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII has received two custom made Panavision cameras nicknamed “Death Star” and “Millennium Falcon.” Below, check those out as well as these additional Star Wars Bits:
- Peter Mayhew drops of out convention appearance during Star Wars Episode VII filming.
- Lost and Lord of the Rings alum Dominic Monaghan spoke to J.J. Abrams about Star Wars.
- Meet Jedi Mickey Mouse during Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams dances with Chewbacca on The Tonight Show.
- Has J.J. Abrams officially made the move to London?
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
No, the header image isn’t from an impending Star Wars-Disney crossover — it’s just a fun bit of fan art. You can see the full image, plus the artist’s takes on Darth Vader and Princess Leia, after the jump. Also:
- Clone Wars‘ Darth Maul will get a proper sendoff — in comics.
- Are these the “top 10 Star Wars moments of 2013″?
- Watch a short film by a pre-Star Wars George Lucas.
- Peter Mayhew has a bunch of awesome old set photos.
- See baddies in action in a new Star Wars Rebels still.
Read More »
UPDATE: Peter Mayhew himself has released a statement about this story. Read it below.
Considering Star Wars Episode VII takes place a few decades after Return of the Jedi, it’s pretty safe to assume many of the original characters will return. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia all seem to be locked in. But is Han Solo ever really without his sidekick, the mighty Chewbacca? The original actor who played the character, Peter Mayhew, recently had some major health problems so his return seems unlikely. However, a new casting call has been found in the United Kingdom looking for an actor with a build similar to Mayhew’s. Does that mean Wookiees will return? Or is it (shudder to think) the Gungans? Read More »
Enough of this Batman crap, let’s get back to what’s really important in 2015: Star Wars! Here’s the latest from a galaxy far far away.
- Check out three covers and more from The Star Wars comic books.
- Read about how Samuel L. Jackson tried to ask J.J. Abrams about possibly being in Star Wars Episode VII.
- EA wants to reinvent Star Wars video games to make “people’s jaws drop.”
- A minor update on the rumored December 2015 release date.
- Carrie Fisher now refuses to comment about Episode VII.
- There’s a Kickstarter to make a documentary about Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew.
- Star Wars: Force Collection, a card-based mobile game, will be out September 4.
- Listen to the voice of Darth Maul, Peter Serafinowicz, talk about his hilarious experiences making Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Luke, Leia, and Han are all set to appear in the new Star Wars trilogy, but what about their trusty pal C3PO? Anthony Daniels will only say “wait and see.” Also after the jump:
- Here’s why you shouldn’t believe those Star Wars plot rumors
- Warwick Davis wants to audition for Episode VII
- Zack Snyder talks about what Man of Steel might mean for Star Wars
- Neill Blomkamp doesn’t think he’s right for Star Wars
- Peter Mayhew‘s lightsaber gets him in trouble with the TSA
- Nerdists sets hosts for the Course of the Force relay
- See costume test pics from Star Wars: A New Hope
- EA announces a new Star Wars: Battlefront
- Watch a 50-minute 1997 documentary about George Lucas
Read More »