After being fairly quiet for the past few years, Paul Walker is enjoying a nice little career spike. There’s the intense anticipation for Fast & Furious 6, and he also locked up the lead role in a potential new Hitman franchise.
Before his new car-racing thriller hits, however, Walker will be seen at SXSW in the lead role of Hours, a disaster thriller set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Walker plays a new father whose child is stranded in a New Orleans hospital after Katrina hits, leaving him desperate to preserve the child’s life. Writer/director Eric Heisserer is best-known for horror scripts such as the recent A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Thing entries, but here he looks to have come up with something with a broader appeal.
Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ah, yes, the Fast and the Furious franchise: Where a man can fly from one fancy speeding car to another in the middle of the highway while a tank wreaks havoc in the background. See that photo and more after the jump. Also:
- Jocelin Donahue is young Barbara Hershey in Insidious 2
- Helen Mirren teases some of her big action scenes for Red 2
- Yes, Rafe Spall will appear in Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Trek character is a very modern terrorist
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks Transformers 4
- A Good Day to Die Hard unveils a Valentine’s Day-themed spot
- The gang’s all here in a fresh batch of stills from Fast & Furious 6
- See some colorful high-res images from The Muppets… Again
Read More »
Here’s a bit of a shocker in the world of video game adaptations. Fox International is going to reboot the Square Enix video game series Hitman as a new movie called Agent 47. Paul Walker will star as the bald assassin of the title, a character last seen in the 2007 film Hitman directed by Xavier Gens with Timothy Olyphant in the lead role.
Agent 47 will be written by Mike Finch and Skip Woods and directed by Aleksander Bach, a commercial director making his feature debut. Oddly enough, Woods also wrote the first movie for Gens and Olyphant. There’s more below. Read More »
Super Bowl Sunday was a great day if you were a Baltimore Ravens fan, but it was pretty damn good day for Fast and Furious fans too. Universal dropped their first look at the upcoming Fast and Furious 6, the latest film in the action franchise about crime, fast cars, and huge set pieces. It blew away the competition. Today we get more.
Justin Lin returns for his fourth go-round in as director, and seems to have crafted an even faster and furious (er…) film this time around. Fresh off their massive heist in Brazil, Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian (Paul Walker) are back. This time, though, the special agent hired to bring them down (Dwayne Johnson) has a favor to ask. He needs to team up with Dom and Brian to bring down an even worse bad guy, played by Luke Evans. Throw in the return of Michelle Rodriguez‘s thought-to-be-dead character and May 24 can’t get here fast enough.
While the Super Bowl spot was great, below we have an “extended first look” at the film which combines the mind-blowing action from the Super Bowl with more story and explosions. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, February 3rd, 2013 by Angie Han
We haven’t seen too much from Fast & Furious 6 yet, but Universal has apparently chosen Super Bowl weekend to get the marketing push started in earnest. A few days ago, they revealed the full synopsis, and earlier this weekend they unveiled the first poster. Now, in the middle of the big game, we’ve finally gotten our first look at some footage in the form of a 60-second TV spot. Check it out after the jump.
Watch other 2013 Super Bowl spots at these links: Iron Man 3, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Lone Ranger, Oz: The Great and Powerful.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
Fast Five wound up being one of 2011′s most unexpected pleasures, so hopefully we’re in for a treat when the first footage from Justin Lin‘s Fast and Furious 6 (or whatever it winds up being called) airs during the Super Bowl this weekend.
To prep fans for the unveiling, Universal has finally released an official synopsis explaining just what Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker), Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), and the rest of the gang will be up to in the new film — and how exactly Luke Evans‘ villain and the presumed-dead Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) factor in. Read it after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
Is it time to look ahead to 2013 already? After the jump:
- The Hangover 3 will shoot in Orange County, CA
- Paul Walker is recovering from a Fast Six injury
- Monsters Inc.‘s Mike is Billy Crystal‘s favorite role
- Liam Neeson collected $10 million for Taken 2
- Matt Damon probably won’t play Bourne again
- Roberto Orci defends the one-second Star Trek clip
- Over-the-hill movie stars team up in Red 2 set photos
- See a new photo from Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
With the exception of Machete Kills, which is a sequel to 2010 film, everything in today’s Sequel Bits is pretty old school, featuring characters or properties that have been around at least a decade. After the jump:
- Joss Whedon talks a little bit about The Avengers 2
- Bruce Campbell says the new Evil Dead is “fabulous”
- Production resumes on Iron Man 3 after RDJ‘s injury
- Benedict Cumberbatch reveals when we’ll see Smaug
- Bobby Farrelly spills Dumb and Dumber 2 plot details
- Marko Zaror joins Machete Kills, see his character poster
- See Paul Walker and Vin Diesel on the Fast Six set
Read More »