Paul W.S. Anderson has made so many disasters in his career, it’s about time he made a film about one. (Rimshot) He just started filming Pompeii, a 3D period epic set against the leveling of the titular city from the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Kit Harington (Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow) stars as a slave who must rush to save his love (Emily Browning), who’s also the daughter of his master (Jared Harris). Now another major name has been added to the list.
Kiefer Sutherland has just joined Pompeii as the villainous Roman senator who originally enslaved Harington’s character. Read more about the film below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Some casting, some directing, some controversy and a couple Star Trek details are in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- Olivia Wilde talks of possibly returning for a Tron: Legacy sequel.
- Greg Kinnear and Josh Lawson join Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Paul W.S. Anderson is definitely directing Resident Evil 6.
- Warner Bros. is suing the J.R.R. Tolkien estate over a breach in contract with The Hobbit.
- Bad Robot’s Action Movie FX App will get a Star Trek Into Darkness upgrade.
- New Zealand is the latest country to get Star Trek Into Darkness a week early.
- Peter Serafinowicz joins The Muppets…Again and Tina Fey discusses her character.
Read More »
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »
I have nothing but respect for Armond White, but to say his opinions are unpopular is like saying the Sun will rise. It’s a foregone conclusion, and two of his most recent posts fit that bill and then some. In one post, he argues that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is better than Raiders of the Lost Ark and in another he says Paul W.S. Anderson is a better filmmaker than both Martin Scorsese and Paul Thomas Anderson, comparing Resident Evil: Retribution and The Master. (That one is a few weeks old but we hadn’t written about it yet.)
The scary thing is, White is such a talented, smart writer and has such confidence in his outlandish arguments you almost want to believe them. Can he convince you? Read some excerts and link to the full articles after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
My favorite Sequel Bits are the ones with a little something for everyone, like this one. After the jump:
- Lindsay Lohan tries to get out of Scary Movie 5
- Looks like Adele will be singing the Skyfall theme
- Human Centipede 3 will have a 500-person chain
- Lydia Hearst boards Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 tickets to go on sale in October
- See the Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning trailer
- Maggie Grace goes on the run in a new Taken 2 clip
- Paul W.S. Anderson would do a sixth Resident Evil
Read More »
Milla Jovovich is back in the fifth installment of the Resident Evil series, Resident Evil: Retribution, and the first trailer has just come online. Scheduled for 3D release on September 14, it seems Umbrella has embedded Alice with false memories of a perfect life in order to stop her from taking down the evil, monster making corporation. This, of course, results in a global scale sci-fi action rendered Paul W.S. Anderson-style, with lots of nods to the popular video game series. Check out the trailer and more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 19th, 2012 by Angie Han
With a worldwide gross of $296 million, 2010′s Resident Evil: Afterlife was the best office performer yet of the video game-based Resident Evil film franchise. That made a fifth Resident Evil a no-brainer, so over the past year and change there’s been a steady stream of news, casting announcements, and set photos from the movie that would eventually be titled Resident Evil: Retribution.
Today we finally have the first real trailer for the Retribution, and it should be a treat for Resident Evil fans — once you get past the first 20+ seconds of Sony commercials, that is. Yep, Sony electronics ads actually make up over a third of the trailer. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
You might have seen the trailers for Paul W.S. Anderson‘s version of The Three Musketeers, naturally shot in 3D, and been left wondering if the movie is really for you. The film is on screens today, and to aid you in making the crucial ticket-buying decision the first few minutes of the film have landed online. They’re not in 3D, but I think you’ll get the idea anyway. Read More »