Posted on Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
Call it the end of an era. According to director Paul W.S. Anderson, the long-running Resident Evil franchise will conclude with the upcoming sixth installment, tentatively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Hit the jump for more details on the film.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
At this point you probably have a pretty good handle on the style of a Paul WS Anderson movie — he turns out one b-movie after another that use affordable effects, attractive stars and genre concepts to lure in audiences. And the audiences always seem to show up, making Anderson one of the more reliable directors from a business perspective.
Here, he changes things up a bit for Pompeii. The attractive cast is there (Kit Harinton, Carrie-Anne Moss, Emily Browning, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Paz Vega) as are the big digital effects and gritty but pretty violence. But there’s also a real historic backdrop — the destruction of the ancient city of Pompeii after the explosion of the volcano Vesuvius — giving the story a real weight. Will it work? Get some idea via the new trailer below. Read More »
The mother of all volcano disasters is the destruction of Pompeii by Mount Vesuvius, and that is the subject of Paul W.S. Anderson‘s latest film. It’s called Pompeii and it stars Kit Harrington (Game of Thrones) as a slave who must save his love (Emily Browning) during the tragedy. The film will be out February 21, and the first trailer has just been released. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Kit Harington spends most of his screentime on Game of Thrones buried under a pile of furs, since it’s cold and getting colder up beyond the Wall. But judging by the first image from Paul W.S. Anderson‘s Pompeii, his next movie project has him ditching the layers and baring some skin.
As you can probably guess by the title, the 3D period epic leads up to the historical eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Harington plays Milo, a slave turned gladiator who falls for a beautiful upper-class woman (Emily Browning), which I suppose makes this a sort of ancient Roman Titanic. Hit the jump to get the first peek.
Read More »
Paul W.S. Anderson has made so many disasters in his career, it’s about time he made a film about one. (Rimshot) He just started filming Pompeii, a 3D period epic set against the leveling of the titular city from the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Kit Harington (Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow) stars as a slave who must rush to save his love (Emily Browning), who’s also the daughter of his master (Jared Harris). Now another major name has been added to the list.
Kiefer Sutherland has just joined Pompeii as the villainous Roman senator who originally enslaved Harington’s character. Read more about the film below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Some casting, some directing, some controversy and a couple Star Trek details are in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- Olivia Wilde talks of possibly returning for a Tron: Legacy sequel.
- Greg Kinnear and Josh Lawson join Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Paul W.S. Anderson is definitely directing Resident Evil 6.
- Warner Bros. is suing the J.R.R. Tolkien estate over a breach in contract with The Hobbit.
- Bad Robot’s Action Movie FX App will get a Star Trek Into Darkness upgrade.
- New Zealand is the latest country to get Star Trek Into Darkness a week early.
- Peter Serafinowicz joins The Muppets…Again and Tina Fey discusses her character.
Read More »
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »
I have nothing but respect for Armond White, but to say his opinions are unpopular is like saying the Sun will rise. It’s a foregone conclusion, and two of his most recent posts fit that bill and then some. In one post, he argues that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is better than Raiders of the Lost Ark and in another he says Paul W.S. Anderson is a better filmmaker than both Martin Scorsese and Paul Thomas Anderson, comparing Resident Evil: Retribution and The Master. (That one is a few weeks old but we hadn’t written about it yet.)
The scary thing is, White is such a talented, smart writer and has such confidence in his outlandish arguments you almost want to believe them. Can he convince you? Read some excerts and link to the full articles after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
My favorite Sequel Bits are the ones with a little something for everyone, like this one. After the jump:
- Lindsay Lohan tries to get out of Scary Movie 5
- Looks like Adele will be singing the Skyfall theme
- Human Centipede 3 will have a 500-person chain
- Lydia Hearst boards Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 tickets to go on sale in October
- See the Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning trailer
- Maggie Grace goes on the run in a new Taken 2 clip
- Paul W.S. Anderson would do a sixth Resident Evil
Read More »