If you liked Patton Oswalt‘s one-take pitch for Star Wars: Episode VII as presented in a Parks and Recreation outtake, then you’re probably going to love this. Entertainment Weekly had Jef Castro create a poster for Oswalt’s take, in the style of Drew Struzan’s Star Wars work, based on the cover for the first issue of Marvel’s The Infinity Gauntlet.
The one-sheet features all the elements the comedian threw into his pitch, from Star Wars characters to Marvel mainstays to — and it’s still difficult to accept this — Perseus from Clash of the Titans. There’s even a stab at a robo-spider Chewbacca, although the concept isn’t front and center, sadly. But the kicker is the tagline: “The Female Part’s a Little Underwritten.”
Check out the poster below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Star Wars Episode VII already has a writer in Michael Arndt, but on this week’s Parks & Recreation Patton Oswalt will make a good case for ditching Arndt and turning the scripting duties over to him instead.
In the episode, the comedian-writer plays a Pawnee citizen attempting to filibuster a city council vote. To fill the time, he improvises an epic eight-minute speech outlining exactly what he thinks Star Wars Episode VII should be. Somehow we can’t really imagine Ardnt and JJ Abrams signing off on the idea of a robot-spider-bodied Chewbacca, but until the movie comes out we can dream. Watch the full video after the jump.
Read More »
It’s got to be fun being Patton Oswalt. He’s got the sort of career that allows him, every once in a while, to take part in something that rides a great line between totally ridiculous and weirdly accurate. Case in point is this college humor video that takes shots at the Christopher Nolan version of Batman, and engages in the old conversation that Frank Miller attempted to silence with The Dark Knight Returns.
Namely, despite a professed aversion to killing, does Batman really know how violent he is? This version of Bats, who faces off against Oswalt’s incarnation of the Penguin, is a little more dim than most. He just can’t grasp the concept of death as a consequence of violence. Fortunately the Penguin is ready to give him a lesson. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 by Angie Han
There are more variations of official and unofficial Star Wars action figures than anyone could possibly count, but even within that vast sea of paint and plastic, this inspired reimagining of the cast stands out.
On a commission from comedian / actor / geek guru Patton Oswalt, artist Jamie Follis created a line of Star Wars toys based on your favorite characters — that is, if they’d been created by Russ Meyer instead of George Lucas. And given Meyer’s tastes, that means Luke, Han, Vader, and others been transformed into busty babes, while Leia stands alone as a thick piece of beefcake. Check ’em out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
Jedi may be more comfortable swinging lightsabers than baseball bats, but Mickey-as-Obi-Wan seems to hold his own just fine against the Atlanta Braves in spring training. Check out the photographic evidence after the jump. Also:
- Harrison Ford is pretty sure he’ll be in Episode VII
- Rumor has it a Palpatine follower is Episode VII‘s villain
- Here’s what Brad Bird would change about Episode VI
- Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job?
- Dwayne Johnson would “absolutely” do Star Wars
- Vote for the best character in StarWars.com‘s bracket
- Disney World’s Star Wars Weekends unveils a new poster
- Could Disney World get a new Star Wars-themed “land”?
- See new screencaps from Star Wars: First Assault
- Clone Wars director Dave Filoni is working with Disney Channel
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Like the last couple of TV Bits, this one is also chock full of casting news. Also after the jump:
- Downton Abbey adds a new series regular
- Patton Oswalt will stop by Parks & Recreation
- The Newsroom‘s version of Team Romney expands
- Michael C. Hall might be done with TV after Dexter
- Chris Lilley‘s new show starts shooting in Melbourne
- FX renews The Americans for a second season
- Are Mindy Project and New Girl moving to Thursdays?
- Watch four deleted scenes from Game of Thrones
- … and find out when we’ll get the Season 3 trailer
Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
This extra-British installment of TV Bits includes updates on across-the-pond favorites Sherlock and Downton Abbey — but not all of it is good news. After the jump:
- BBC’s Sherlock might not come back until 2014
- Downton Abbey gets picked up for a fourth season
- … but Dan Stevens, a.k.a. Matthew Crawley may be out
- Watch the trailer for BBC America’s Ripper Street
- HIMYM is getting a special hourlong Christmas episode
- A Two and a Half Men star urges viewers to stop watching his show
- The Daily Show is losing correspondent Wyatt Cenac
- Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel join Girl Meets World
- Beyonce will direct a documentary about herself for HBO
- Get your first peek at Patton Oswalt on FX’s Justified
- HBO’s Girls reveals the first images from Season 2
- See how BSG: Blood and Chrome made its green screen universe
- AMC warns FiOS customers that they could lose AMC channels
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
HBO’s The Newsroom already stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Sam Waterston, and Alison Pill, among many others, with recurring appearances by folks like Jane Fonda, Chris Messina, Hope Davis, and Paul Schneider, so I don’t think that casting was ever really the problem with the show. Still, I suppose it never hurts to add a few more great guest stars.
The newest arrivals at the Atlantis Cable News offices are Rosemarie DeWitt and Patton Oswalt, two actors I’m pretty much always happy to see. Both are expected to recur in the next season of the Aaron Sorkin media drama. Read more after the jump.
Read More »
What superheroes did Dwayne Johnson and Patton Oswalt dress up as for Halloween? Has one of the Phase 2 villains already been confirmed for The Avengers 2? Which Star Wars actor will appear in Mark Millar’s The Secret Service? Who is on set for the final day of shooting on Iron Man 3? Want to see some behind the scenes footage from The Goon? Can the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles still get you a discount at Pizza Hut? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits:. Read More »