There are several major take aways from the latest trailer for Paranormal Activity 4. One is that Katie and the boy she kidnapped, Hunter, are definitely back. Another is that the evil spirits from the first three films still really, really love to drag people down hallways. A third is that your XBox Kinect is the devil. It all adds up to a very intriguing bit of marketing.
Paranormal Activity 4 opens October 19 from directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, who did Catfish and Paranormal Activity 3. This time around, the story is back in the present, following the neighbors of a mysterious new family whose son may, or may not, be the aforementioned Hunter.
After the jump, you can not only check out the revealing new trailer, but read a bunch of early buzz from a work print screening at Fantastic Fest 2012. Either way, you’ll never look at XBox Kinect the same way again. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posters, casting, videos and rumor control. Just another day in the world of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- The Hangover Part III adds actress Lela Loren and is shooting in central California.
- A new trailer is out for Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines.
- Find out how you can work with Michael Bay on Transformers 4.
- A new viral video has been released for Paranormal Activity 4.
- Robert Rodriguez doesn’t think a Predators sequel will happen.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says nothing is happening on Terminator 5.
- A teaser poster for The Smurfs 2 has been released.
Read More »
There’s so much in this edition of Sequel Bits it’s insane. Let’s get going. After the jump read about the following:
- David Fincher is still figuring out how to make The Girl Who Played With Fire.
- Ron Perlman still has no idea when Hellboy 3 might happen.
- A new image from Paranormal Activity 4 has been released.
- Frank Marshall said “all possibilities are open” if the Bourne franchise continues.
- Andy Nyman has been cast as The Tumor in Kick-Ass 2.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was voted the most disappointing film of all time.
- NBA superstar LeBron James tweeted that he’d love to make Space Jam 2.
- Lake Placid: The Final Chapter, starring Robert Englund, premieres next month.
- Check out photos of Jessica Alba preparing for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Jason Statham says he’d totally be down to do Crank 3, but the very uncomfortable-looking header image has me wondering why. Also after the jump:
- The fearsome matriarch from Winter’s Bone joins Iron Man 3
- SpongeBob SquarePants 2 hires Kung Fu Panda 2 writers
- Jesse Eisenberg looks forward to voicing Blu again for Rio 2
- Ashley Bell promises Last Exorcism 2 is “scarier than the first”
- Watch a (very) brief new clip from Paranormal Activity 4
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
If Monday’s 13-second teaser for the Paranormal Activity 4 trailer whetted your appetite for more found-footage scares, you’ll be happy to see that the first full-length trailer has now hit the web. Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, who directed Paranormal Activity 3, are once again at the helm. Watch the video after the jump.
Read More »
What do the new James Bond film and an upcoming low-budget supernatural thriller have in common? Not much, except that both have new trailers coming this week, and both have just released trailers for those new trailers. There isn’t too much to say about either one of these clips, other than that fans of each series will find something to enjoy here. We’ll save further commentary for the full trailer releases in the next couple days. Read More »
Once Paranormal Activity 3 had a gangbuster opening this past October, a fourth film was inevitable. Soon after the release, directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman reportedly agreed to make Paranormal Activity 4 and an October 19, 2012 release date was set. That’s almost exactly seven months to the day from right now.
Which means the film is going to be plenty rushed as Paramount has just signed up Zack Estrin to write the script. Estrin is a producer on the current ABC show The River, which is produced by Paranormal Activity creator and current executive producer Oren Peli. He’s also written on Prison Break, No Ordinary Family but Paranormal Activity 4 marks his feature film debut. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When Paramount announced they’d hired Catfish directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman to direct Paranormal Activity 3, the world of film collectively rolled their eyes. Then the film came out and the duo gouged those eyes out. Joost and Schulman knocked the film out of the park (read my review here), turned a major profit and left a ton of places for the fourth film to go. Now they’ll be the ones to take it there.
After the recent news that Paranormal Activity 4 will be released on October 19, it has now been revealed Joost and Schulman will return as directors, this time with several more months to prepare. Where will the movie go? We speculate and more after the jump. Read More »