The future of Pacific Rim 2 was uncertain for a little bit, but Universal Pictures is supposedly still dedicated to making the sequel at some point, even though they took it off their 2017 release calendar. And it sounds like Guillermo del Toro is still eyeing certain stars for the sequel, and he just revealed one of the hopefuls.
The director posted on his recently created Twitter page that he had lunch with Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), and he very clearly indicated that he will have her on board for Pacific Rim 2. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
And the bad news continues for Guillermo del Toro and his fans. Universal Pictures has announced it’s pulling Pacific Rim 2 off its release calendar completely, following reports earlier this month that the project had been postponed or even cancelled. Meanwhile, Pitch Perfect 3 is moving back two weeks to fill Pacific Rim 2‘s old slot.
Read about the Pacific Rim 2 release date cancellation and the new Pitch Perfect 3 release date after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
If Universal really is canceling the apocalypse, someone forgot to tell director Guillermo del Toro. Earlier this week we got the very discouraging news that Pacific Rim 2 had been “halted indefinitely,” and quite possibly scrapped altogether. But del Toro insists it’s still on. “As far as I’m concerned, it’s not gone,” he said. Read the Guillermo del Toro Pacific Rim 2 comments after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
Pacific Rim 2 has just hit a kaiju-sized roadblock. The sci-fi action sequel has reportedly been “halted indefinitely,” after rumors of delays circulated last week. That could mean the film will just arrive a bit later than we’d hoped; it may also mean it’ll never get made. More on the Pacific Rim 2 delay after the jump. Read More »
There’s a new poster for the James Bond film Spectre, and a couple new banners as well. Check those out below, along with these other stories:
- Selena Gomez joins Neighbors 2,
- and Patrick Dempsey joins Bridget Jones’s Baby,
- Kevin Smith has found his new mall for Mallrats 2,
- Titles for Ash vs Evil Dead episodes are revealed,
- Rumor says the Pacific Rim 2 shoot is delayed,
- Now that Terminator: Genisys is a global success, what about the sequel? JK Simmons doesn’t give anyone hope.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When Guillermo del Toro said that Charlie Day and Burn Gorman’s scientists were the main characters of Pacific Rim 2, it suggested a drastic shift in focus from the Jaeger pilots who lead the first film, such as the one played by Charlie Hunnam.
Today del Toro was on a Television Critics Association panel for the second season of his FX series The Strain. After the panel I asked del Toro to clarify whether Hunnam would return, and/or take a backseat to Pacific Rim 2 characters played by Day and Gorman. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
Guillermo del Toro will have his latest film, Crimson Peak, in theaters in October, and immediately afterward he’s going to work on Pacific Rim 2. The sequel will shoot in Toronto in November, according to a new report, and that same report also puts forward a title for the film that may be a code name, or could actually be a great Pacific Rim 2 subtitle. Read More »
Several major movies just got moved around by Universal Studios.
Duncan Jones’ Warcraft, which had already been pushed a few months, has moved from March 11, 2016 to June 10, 2016. Pacific Rim 2, directed by Guillermo del Toro, has been moved from April 7, 2017 to August 4, 2017. In addition, the new Mummy film has been moved up from June 24, 2016, to March 24, 2017.
This is after the studio gave us dates for Fast and Furious 8 and the two Fifty Shades sequels. Read more about the Warcraft release date change below. Read More »