There’s a new poster for the James Bond film Spectre, and a couple new banners as well. Check those out below, along with these other stories:
- Selena Gomez joins Neighbors 2,
- and Patrick Dempsey joins Bridget Jones’s Baby,
- Kevin Smith has found his new mall for Mallrats 2,
- Titles for Ash vs Evil Dead episodes are revealed,
- Rumor says the Pacific Rim 2 shoot is delayed,
- Now that Terminator: Genisys is a global success, what about the sequel? JK Simmons doesn’t give anyone hope.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
When Guillermo del Toro said that Charlie Day and Burn Gorman’s scientists were the main characters of Pacific Rim 2, it suggested a drastic shift in focus from the Jaeger pilots who lead the first film, such as the one played by Charlie Hunnam.
Today del Toro was on a Television Critics Association panel for the second season of his FX series The Strain. After the panel I asked del Toro to clarify whether Hunnam would return, and/or take a backseat to Pacific Rim 2 characters played by Day and Gorman. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
Guillermo del Toro will have his latest film, Crimson Peak, in theaters in October, and immediately afterward he’s going to work on Pacific Rim 2. The sequel will shoot in Toronto in November, according to a new report, and that same report also puts forward a title for the film that may be a code name, or could actually be a great Pacific Rim 2 subtitle. Read More »
Several major movies just got moved around by Universal Studios.
Duncan Jones’ Warcraft, which had already been pushed a few months, has moved from March 11, 2016 to June 10, 2016. Pacific Rim 2, directed by Guillermo del Toro, has been moved from April 7, 2017 to August 4, 2017. In addition, the new Mummy film has been moved up from June 24, 2016, to March 24, 2017.
This is after the studio gave us dates for Fast and Furious 8 and the two Fifty Shades sequels. Read more about the Warcraft release date change below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When news broke that more Pacific Rim was coming, Guillermo del Toro wasn’t kidding around. He’s in pre-production on the movie, Pacific Rim 2, which will be out April 2017. Before that, an animated series will hit the air. But even sooner than both of those, Legendary has announced a Pacific Rim comic book called Pacific Rim: Tales from the Drift. It is presented by del Toro and features a story by screenwriter Travis Beacham. Below, see some more images and read more about the Pacific Rim comic book. Read More »
Guillermo del Toro is pulling together the script for Pacific Rim 2, and it sounds like Charlie Day and Burn Gorman will be back for the sequel. Their characters are being written into the script, at least. We know that some of the characters from the original film won’t be back in a big way for the sequel, though they may show up in a proposed third movie. So the inclusion of those two guys is one of the first real bits of info we have about the second chapter of the big robots vs. monsters series that was given a shot in the arm with the formal announcement of the big-screen sequel. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Get the latest updates on several sequels that are definitely happening, one that definitely is not, and one more that could really go either way. After the jump:
- Bond 24 gets a polish from Edge of Tomorrow writer
- Seriously, Michael Bay is not directing Transformers 5
- Elijah Wood will not be in the next (and last) Hobbit movie
- Don’t hold your breath for a Titanic sequel, says James Cameron
- Guillermo del Toro says Pacific Rim 2 will have a script by spring
- Bob Odenkirk describes Better Call Saul as “a total drama”
- Noomi Rapace drops some hints about Prometheus 2
- Could there be more Hunger Games movies after Mockingjay?
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
With an April 7, 2017 release date already locked in, it’s no surprise Guillermo del Toro is deep into work on Pacific Rim 2. What’s a bit more intriguing is that he’s planning the movie with an eye on the sequel, the not-yet-greenlit Pacific Rim 3.
Whereas Pacific Rim 2 is expected to differ quite a bit from Pacific Rim 1, it seems 2 and 3 may be more closely linked. Hit the jump for del Toro’s updates on both Pacific Rim sequels. (Note: The above image is fan art and not an official release. But it sure looks cool, doesn’t it?)
Read More »